DLC12: Spark of Ion Duo - Official Feedback Thread

Discussion in 'Testing Feedback' started by TLantern, Oct 10, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Avian EU Well-Known Player

Hero side.
    I did this wearing 92 gear myself while my parnter had 94 gear.

Bugs/glitches:
    In the fight with Cheetah the adds seem to hit unuasually hard sometimes. My partner with 94 gear got KOed after 2 hits. Some of the damage I noticed was being repeatedly being hit for 2.3k and 2.7k damage. We kept trying and one of us got smoked almost immediately after starting the fight or sometime after. After a couple of tries I added Holographic Decoy to my loadout and we managed to finish the fight.

Could be lag issues but sometimes the adds in the hallways don't seem to spawn until after you have run past the place they are supposed to be.

Difficulty:
    Apart from the unusually high damage the overall difficulty seems fine. I don't think I'd have problems completing this instance with a partner who has 92 gear as well. Not saying that the instance isn't challenging though.

Visuals:
    The place looks awesome! Ion looks amazing as well.

Very cool Duo which is going to be one of my favorites as well!
    • Like x 1
  2. WalterlightOmega Committed Player

i like that the wm combo when you have the spark gives you healing back :)
    • Like x 1
  3. same Johnny Dedicated Player

Trying this Duo after the hotfix, Cheetah feels much harder than before the hotfix. Is this intended? Adds were killing in a couple of hits before I got to the middle of the room. Even keeping Time Bubble up ended in the same result, after a couple of strikes, the shield broke and I immediately died. 2 pieces of 95 gear, rest is 94.
    [IMG]
    This was one attempt.
  4. MysticRedStone New Player

Try a healer/dps combo or tank/dps should make it easier doesnt seem like the duo is possible without a heal or tank if all u got is 94 gear
  5. MysticRedStone New Player

Not really having any issue with difficulty did 5 consecutive duo runs most near and around 10 mins each but i found that if i try and replay the loot lock in the first room we zone into after i talk to hal jordan i will sometimes crash and come back and not have link death active get deserter and need to be reinvited back in to continue
  6. BumblingB I got better.

The damage from the Cheetah part is ridiculous still. It actually feels like they hit harder. I ran it again last night and oh my God, I know how wanning felt. They automatically focus fire one person that even if you block, you are dead way too quickly.

But I will admit, the pet aggro issue that wanning and I experienced at launch isn't there anymore. Which is good.
  7. Penryn The Gadgeteer

Could you post the relevant lines from your combat log? That would help to narrow down what is causing the excessive damage.
  8. BumblingB I got better.

I'll have to run the content again later today. I know you can get overwhelmed if you take too much, but it's 3 NPCs. In both Cold and Glommy's rooms, we don't see this issue, it's just in Cheetah's.
  9. Sore Steadfast Player

The hitching we saw on FNL was exactly what I experienced.
  10. same Johnny Dedicated Player

If this is the case, then it definitely needs to be addressed. When the DLC comes out, 94 is the best anyone will have, we cannot be forced to run only with those combos.

Just to be clear, thanks for the help and advice, I just strongly believe it needs to be adjusted.
    • Like x 1
  11. Avian EU Well-Known Player

It's not impossible to beat this with 2 DPS setup but that's because some powersets have certain advantages that others don't that makes it easier. The way I see it the duo can completed with 2 DPS, dps & heal, dps & tank and dps & troll. Because of that I don't think it has to be toned down because some might not be able to complete it at a faster time with 2 DPS. The AF duos were hard on a lot of people who had the best gear from previous DLCs as well and I like that they continue to challenge people who believe that Duos should just be 5 minute content that can just be burned through.

The complaints I have noticed regarding the new solo is from people who don't seem to fully understand how the counter system works which is really key to completing both the solo and the duo. This was especially a problem for a lot of people with the AF iconic solos. First of all they had to use legends characters they might not have been familiar with but counter mechanics was all that was needed to complete the solos.

One could say that the new content "demands" that the players are familiar with combat mechanics to complete the content but considering that this is end game content I see no problem with that. General player skill just like SP is in my opinion a natural progression of playing the game and so i increasing the difficulty of the content. If you are lacking in either of those things then it's up to yourself to do something about that rather than blaming the content.
    • Like x 1
  12. Penryn The Gadgeteer

Bugs:
    1. In the first hallway, the second mob group usually doesn't spawn until after you pass them.

2. If you pick up a health barrel in the Captain Cold room and have your partner activate the button, the person carrying the barrel will usually be left behind.

3. Related to bug #2: Sometimes the person carrying the barrel will be teleported. If that happens, the person carrying the barrel will be unable to drop the health barrel.

4. Stealth doesn't work if you possess the spark. You are immediately de-stealthed.

5. In the final room, if you run over to where the "Return to Location" portal is located right before the cut-scene, Hal sometimes won't remove the spark effect. That means you'll retain the spark effect for the final fight.

1. I feel the Orange Lantern's Focused Blast attack maybe doing too much damage on the Cheetah fight. Here are a few combat log lines:
    Line 194095: 1413746502: Orange Lantern's Focused Blast damaged Mr Fixit for 1929
    Line 194194: 1413746516: Orange Lantern's Focused Blast damaged Mr Fixit for 2390
    Line 194214: 1413746521: Orange Lantern's Focused Blast damaged Mr Fixit for 2196

Even if you're wearing IL 96 gear, these guys hit really hard for a duo mob.

2. Can the description for the Emerald weapons be updated to mention healing regeneration effect? The person with the Spark powerup is essentially invincible.

3. Why does the Emerald weapon have less Precision and Might than my IL 97 weapon?
    [IMG]

4. We found it a lot easier to send the Spark guy in alone and have the non-spark guy join for the Glomulus fight. The non-spark guy dies too easily in that room.
    • Like x 1
  13. BumblingB I got better.

That would make sense. If there are two of them and they focus fire you, it will kill you in 4 hits.
  14. Torikumu 10000 Post Club

Not sure what gear the other guy had on, but I only had a full set of 92 Controller gear on. The other guy was DPS. We made it to the last room and died on Glomulus. He proceeded to rage quit in typical noob fashion. I thought I'd have another go, this time soloing Glomulus. I got him to half health before I finally got KOed and the worst bit is, I could have used a Soder too :(

Overall, I don't think this instance will be too bad with 2 players after a couple of runs. In fact, it's probably going to get to the point where it's incredibly easy at CR111. If anything, the overall difficulty should be increased a little bit to cope with the additional stats we'll have by the time we're wearing Level 97 gear.
  15. SuperNerdGeekOverkill Dedicated Player

There is a bug that - if superspeed is your movement mode - you cannot stand on teleporters while movement mode is active. Without pushing any buttons I was running off the teleporter spot. Every time. Concerns the back to last location teleporter as well as the "up"-teleporter.
  16. TLantern Developer

I've found the issue that's causing Cheetah's adds to hit too hard. It should be fixed in the next hotfix.
    • Like x 4
  17. same Johnny Dedicated Player

I understand what you are saying, and will refrain from "reading" you might be assuming I don't know about counters and all that. I may have not given enough info, but I tried several things in there:
    > Targeting Cheetah and leaving adds alone to deal with Hal and Sinestro and my sidekick. Lasted a bit longer, until the adds found me and took me down in 2 hits. No way to counter as one keeps lunging while the other one block breaks (this was done in nearly perfect synch in all my attempts).
    > Start the fight with an immediate lunge to counter the block breaker one. This gave me the blue flashing immunity for a few seconds. I was dead as soon as the add I had just lunged got up.
    > Pull out a shield as soon as the fight started. Shield broke when the adds did their lunge/block break synchronized attacks, with Cheetah adding to it with her stunning shuriken toss.
    > Full focus one of the adds with stunning attacks. Dead before it was at 50% health.

In comparison to the AF duos, nothing (not even the final bosses) did that much damage in 2 or three hits and that is the point that several players have been trying to make, that those 2 or 3 hits are dealing too much damage. Yes, one could say "it's perfectly fine", but "others" could say
    • Like x 3
  18. WhiteW0lf Devoted Player

Glad to hear this was a bug, and one that you already have a fix for on top of that.
  19. Twincam Well-Known Player

Can you check that you fixed the door to the 1st boss fight? I was able to Quantum Tunnel though the door halfway though the fight. That is probably not intended.
  20. Penryn The Gadgeteer

A few new bugs:

#1. You can lock yourself out of the final fight by doing the following:
    a. Have Player A acquire the spark.
    b. Player A and B enter the final room to face the Orange Lantern waves.
    c. Player B dies and does not re-enter the room.
    d. Player A clears all of the Orange Lanterns and disconnects during the cut-scene.
    e. Player B does not enter use the boss portal to enter the fight against Glomulus.

If you did everything correctly, only Hal and Sinestro will be fighting Glomulus:
    [IMG]

#2. During one of our runs, my partner was killed by Cheetah. Cheetah and her two Orange Lanterns reset while I was still in the room in combat. There were no obstructions in the way.

#3. You can move the lanterns around using objects like health barrels, meteor, and other things. This could be useful in helping create LoS exploits in the boss rooms:
    [IMG]

#4 You can rally people through walls:
    [IMG]

This is semi-useful in places like Lockdown.

5. Fighting behind the console in Captain Cold's room is a good way to avoid the adds. It also greatly reduces the angles from which he can attack. This strategy also works well on the Cheetah fight. She won't port if she is standing behind the console and is boxed in. Makes it a lot easier to kill her.

6. We found a very reliable way to glitch the Spark and keep it for the Glomulus fight. Basically, you just need to block line-of-sight on Hal Jordan before you kill the final orange lanterns. Do that and you won't have the spark effect taken away. Here is a good place to stand:
    [IMG]

There are other similar places in the final room. The important thing is that you need to be a sufficient distance from Hal and you block LoS using the boxes.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.