Power help please. AM over WM

Discussion in 'War Room (Powers, Artifacts, & Builds)' started by Genesispanpan, Oct 16, 2014.

1. Genesispanpan New Player

Ok so I leave and come back after a month (been moving and dealing with two puppies) and GU41 comes along and breaks everything. I have played this game since it was on disc and have watched this game systematically destroyed. Fire got nerfed to hell, then quantum (still no AM), celestial has been ruined, rage has been super nerfed, and electric is now overly complicated. Not to mention the WM nerf (I never liked it anyway) and the pvp nerfs. WTF? Everytime I come back to this game its as if the Devs single out what I love to ruin it :/. I was going to PvP (for feats) but now whats the point of PvP when I cant heal worth anything. Was going to change powers from celestial (been celestial since it came out but its way too nerfed to use now) but the only "good" power that seems to not get nerfed is gadgets and Ihate that powerset.

WM broke the art of rotation (kinda fixed the max damage mod if thats still around been gone since a week after it came out) and now the only powers I like that are still playable are electric and sorcery, seeing as celestial is too weak/slow, quantum hasno AM, rage got its super nerfed, but even then electric cant WM because it has dots, and Sorc cant WM if it has pet out. Mychoices are getting smaller and smaller on how to play fun AND be ccompetitive.

Are electric or sorc any good without WM, and are there any other powers (aside from light and gadgets) that are good at dps? Also inb4 all powers are good at dps, I know that, I want to know which one I can use AM on and still have maximum damage.
    TL;DR What powers have AM that are just as good if not better than WM
    Sorry for any rouge periods, im on mobile and for some reason periods are next to.spacebar on this keyboard instead of that key being another space.
  2. FameYack Committed Player

Fire, Earth, Berserk, Gadgets, Light, Nature, Electricity, Celestial and Sorcery
  3. Genesispanpan New Player

From what I have read earth is still low tier and fire still.needs tweaking. I hate to be a butt, but could you elaborate on which ones are for lack.of a better term, unbroken
  4. Sbel Devoted Player

Gadgets.

Celestial combos do slightly more damage than doing WM with celestial.

Other powersets have good AMs, like Electric, Nature, and Rage, but you end up using WM combos with them.
    • Like x 1
  5. Abisial Committed Player

Rage Super Nerfed? Seriously?
  6. FameYack Committed Player

I know i wouldn't regrett picking any of those 8 as my main,

Berserk is the realtively highest damage/risk ATM,
    Gadgets seems to have nail it in competitiveness and entertainmen (for its users)

Celestial and Light are the next other great fairly competitive and fun power and yet some people are displeased,
    especialy light users, since there were a lot who wanted combos and instead they are being revamped through clipping

Nature, electricity and fire have been through a recent tweaking that has put them on par with WM although for some reason their community is divided in regards of entertainment, competitivness and confussion But i believe some people are having trouble understanding DoTs, Bursts and Restoration

Sorcery and Earth are nice to my tastes but some people doesn't seem happy with pets,
  7. Octantis New Player

MMOs are so much more difficult when people try to compete with others, performance-wise. Anyone else noticed that?

And here I just play the game and haven't had any complaints.

I must be doing something wrong o_O
  8. Requake Dedicated Player

AM over WM?
    Has to be gadgets or rage.
    Gadgets is full AM with EMP, Rage is a mixture of both. (WM and combos).
    And rage got supernerfed? Yes, it got nerfed but it's still viable. Ever seen dreadful blast hit? 8-9k after a WM + combo hits quite hard as well. Combined with double ticks from Galling eruption and plasma retch you can dish out some hits. Berserk did get the nerf hammer in PvP and it got carried over to PvE I reckon. It's only worth it if there's like 5+ adds and you can have a full WM + Dreadful blast landing.
  9. Genesispanpan New Player

Well Id much rather they hid the scoreboard till AFTER last boss so you could only see your score till then, but I like to PUG and meet new friends and PUG REALLY care about score, if yours is too low you get kicked :/ never happened to me because I actually learn my power set. Post celestial I was electric and rarely got out DPS'd same whit celestial.
    Meant pre celestial**
  10. Genesispanpan New Player

I hear DoTs cancel WM like pets do, is this true? And if so why? That limits the unique draw to those powers especially considering everyone complains if you dont WM in T6
  11. Genesispanpan New Player

I thought galling and plasma couldn't stack, if they fixed it here I come rage! :D Also anyone know the precision cap? I have 4800 prec total and haven't seen much improvement past 3500, or maybe its a celestial cap? I usually combo instead of WM and can crit for 7-14k
  12. FameYack Committed Player

Yes,
    Each power AM restricts somehow WM crits (crit chance for bursted power)
    So each power you chose you have to learn what works and what not because it is counterintuitive sometimes
  13. Genesispanpan New Player

makes sense I guess, just wish all the AMs would have come out at the same time. :/ powers like quantum look like fun but with no AM there is no point in trying to DPS with it. I wish celestial had a better AM, as it stands the whole enemies heal you/hurt each other is meh