Account Bound Styles

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by King Cookie/KC, Oct 12, 2014.

1. King Cookie/KC New Player

The name of this might be misleading to some, but I believe that in-game our characters should all share the same styles. What I mean by this is that we should not have to hunt for rare styles all over again or any other styles for our other characters. We should just be able to access styles on different toons. This does not have to include feats or role bound styles like the T3 sets, but it should include rare styles, lockbox styles, and also damage role styles.

For example if I was to create an alternate character i would hate to have to either re-farm for a Captain Cold hood(which took me about 2-3 months to finally get) or buy one for millions. When i could just have access to all the styles that are not role based for all my characters.

I would rather have access to the styles. I believe this can work and I say so because of what was done about the Skill Points being account bound. I hope that if this is being done that we do not have to spend money on it(unless it is specific role styles), but that we will ave free access to it.
    • Like x 1
  2. Captain Neos Committed Player

I would be fine with it so long as feats are not made available. The "traders" will definitely object lol.
    • Like x 1
  3. King Cookie/KC New Player

Yes I do agree with this.
  4. The Doctor Loyal Player

Ok, for 29 replay badges per piece, not counting towards the feat.
    • Like x 1
  5. ChuckLess New Player

What does it matter? The feats are already purchasable o_O
  6. King Cookie/KC New Player

Although the feats are purchasable the styles are not, once you get a styles feat you do not have access to the style
  7. Captain Neos Committed Player

I have nothing against it (was surprised it was not part of the original feat unlocking) but experience tells me others may object and I would really like to be able to get some styles for my alts so paying for feats and styles separate does not bother me.
    • Like x 2
  8. rival exe New Player

Devs already said no.
  9. King Cookie/KC New Player

No harm in trying
  10. rival exe New Player

No sense either.
    • Like x 1
  11. Torikumu 10000 Post Club

I would like to see the ability to buy styles you've already unlocked on other characters. But I'd limit it to non-exclusive styles such as the Batman Inspired Mask, Hack Attack chest and any other styles which were given as part of a time based reward.
  12. thedemonocus Loyal Player

i would love to be able to unlock styles i have collected for my alts
  13. Curse Bringer Most Wanted

• Like x 1
  14. ChuckLess New Player

And why is that? It's pretty pointless to allow feats to be purchased and not transfer the styles.

This should be done automatically. Once you get a style on any toon, it should be account bound. There is VERY little reason to make an alt in this game as it is. The further we go, the less people will want to deal with things like this.
    • Like x 1
  15. SethZoulMonEl 10000 Post Club

Yep, that was one of the main reasons* I stopped playing on my alts. I was tired of chasing styles on multiple characters.

*The other reason: people kept saying that if I didn't want to be a battery, I shouldn't play as a controller. Great advice, and thanks. :-}
    • Like x 1
  16. King Cookie/KC New Player

Yes that is a good reason not to play on your other toons, but also it should be allowed so that people could use their other toons.
  17. rival exe New Player

I don't know the devs' reasoning but if I had to guess I'd say it has to do with replay badges and players using them to get really rare/cool styles they want.
    "Should be" and "I want" aren't the same, just so you know.
  18. ChuckLess New Player

I think alts are a complete waste of time in this game. There for I used "should be" because I don't "want".
  19. ACW37162 Loyal Player

I love DCUO so, yes.

Style piecese should be account bound, please please please please.

Thus is about two years overdue.
  20. King Cookie/KC New Player

Let me change my definition of account bound styles to say that I believe that if we unlock a style feat we should have access to those styles instead of when we get it it says already collected while we do not have access to the styles