Whats the go with ICE

Discussion in 'War Room (Powers, Artifacts, & Builds)' started by J MaaaR, Oct 10, 2014.

1. J MaaaR Level 30

Where does ice sit is it OP any talk on it being buffed or nerfed does it need to be nerfed or buffed

Just curious to know what the go is with ice
  2. Sabigya Steadfast Player

Depends.
    PvP or PvE? Tank or DPS?
  3. J MaaaR Level 30

for pvp and both i guess
  4. DaKrushmor Loyal Player

Ice will be not "nerfed" or "buffed", but instead get its AM (Awesome Mechanic). Devs plan to make 2 DIFFERENT ways to deal approx. competetive damage - WM (Weapon Mastery) & AM. Currently certain powers (like Gadgets, Electricity) have option to go with AM or WM, while lce has option to go with WM only.
    Mepps stated, lce won't get AM at GU 42, that means GU 43 as earliest. lce's AM will remind one, that Fire has, since both fall under Mobile Focused Attack category, which focused on channeled moves, like Absorb Heat or Flame Cascade. lce has decent # of these moves (Glacier Flash, Arctic Gust, Avalanche), which are almost useless right now, mah prediction they will be buffed.
    • Like x 1
  5. J MaaaR Level 30

what does AM mean?
  6. DaKrushmor Loyal Player

7. J MaaaR Level 30

8. DaKrushmor Loyal Player

In DPS side - yes, it will be stronger, but probably not alot stronger than current lce with using Weapon Mastery. AM just will allow you to not use WM, but more focus on Powers instead (& respectively specing on Might stat, rather than Precision stat). In Tank Role it will be probably same as right now.
  9. J MaaaR Level 30

Ok thanks for the help
  10. Ice Lantern New Player

It's decent now, the AM will probably not make it any better because the devs don't really know what they're doing with regards to the AM's.
    • Like x 2
  11. Kimone Luthor Genetech Clone

i think you're sellin' it short there. Ice is GREAT. Period.
    • Like x 1
  12. xskateXX Well-Known Player

TBH
    ice isnt so strong
    its strong point is that he have good burst and the burst split very good so on alote of adds ill still do good damage
    besides that he dont have anything
    even hes supercharge isnt so strong as people think
    it barely crits over 24k
  13. Ice Lantern New Player

Not really. I wouldn't put it up there with Rage or Sorcery and I haven't tried Gadgets yet. I would put it in the upper middle in terms of PvE DPS.
  14. ACW37162 Loyal Player

15. Kimone Luthor Genetech Clone

Yeah, for DPS it's in a mid-high range. It's hard to argue against it as the Tank of Choice though.
  16. Ice Lantern New Player

For certain things Rage tanks are much better than everything else both other than those situations, Ice tanks are the best.
  17. Normalno New Player

Guys I have a question which arose in me from my first year of playing. What determines the strength of the Shield of the ice tank? What statistics do increase Shield piercing ice tank? I heared that - for max shield hardness i must increase Restoration and dominance stats AND for max hardness these stats should be equal to each other. this is truth?
  18. Normalno New Player

I mean this shields:
    shatter restraints
    Winter ward
    Bitter winds
    Reflection
  19. Dalae Well-Known Player

In Tank role, the damage mitigation of Ice Shields are 100% Dom + 100% Rest
  20. Mad9 New Player

Ya, Ice is OP.Now that the devs have nerfed rage and light, I want to see Ice get adjusted to the ground too.