While we're adjusting lair battle rewards...

Discussion in 'Battle of the Legends (PvP)' started by The Enquirer, Oct 9, 2014.

1. Burnt New Player

I hate PvP. 500 wins? I was gonna suck it up to get the style feat but now, forget that. How many times will I have to stand in a corner and lose to get the style? 1000?
  2. jr1nc Dedicated Player

The community runs more Lair Battles for easy and fast MOV .. Many player's would love to work on PvP
    feats but is hard to get an instance going cause of lack of player's running 4v4, 5v5, 8v8... and if you qued after waiting over 15 minutes.. more then likely you are going against a decent team or OP players fully geared.. my suggestion is!
    example prior to the change we were granted a total of 1000 mov across 1v1,2v2,4v4,5v5,8v8.. 500 MoV for lossing!

Winning a Lair Battle,(2v2),(1v1) will reward 70 Marks of Valor and 1 Mark of Legend.
    Losing a Lair Battle,(2v2),(1v1) will reward 35 Marks of Valor.
    Winning 4v4 will reward 160 Marks of Valor and 1 Mark of Legend.
    Losing 4v4 will reward 80 Marks of Valor.
    Winning 5v5 will reward 300 Marks of Valor and 1 Mark of Legend.
    Losing 5v5 will reward 150 Marks of Valor.
    Winning 8v8 will reward 400 Marks of Valor and 2 Mark of Legend.
    Losing 8v8 will reward 200 Marks of Valor.

I think the more marks on higher groups will give players a chance to understand group mechanics in pvp
    the smaller ques are for easy fast MoV middle groups are good for more of a reasonable amount of players that would run normally .. kinda like alerts in pve! 8v8 should work great for pugs and groups .. plus you get more marks and que shouldnt be a problem if the table sticks imo
  3. The Enquirer Steadfast Player

Aaannnd this is exactly why the number of marks to gear up and get style related feats in PvP need to be lowered.
    • Like x 3
  4. Mr.Me New Player

My only issue with taking the type of match into account is the way they do the map rotation it could leave you on maps that have less rewards until they get rotated things like that, and we all have different opinions of which type of map is more difficult. Some say death match is the hardest some say capture and hold ect...

If anything maybe come up with a formal for the bonus and have (type of map + time on map) + score board, and have different bonus brackets based on the time on map.

Ex: Win + less 30 sec on map = 100

Win + less than 1 minute = 90

Win + 7.5 min on map = 50

Win + 14 min on map = 100

This creates a spectrum where winning ultra quick or just quick adds a high amount of bonus, so does fighting to the bitter end, but falling in the middle to average length for a match gives a median amount of bonus. You could do the same thing for the losses just with lower numbers maybe 50% of what you get for a win like it is now.

Personally I liked influence (still have like 2500 of it :D) and think they should bring it back and improve the rewards table for it.

Instead of being like 4 cycle engine this game is like a 2 cycle engine. Every time you hit your power band you have to start to shift until you run out of gears then all you can do is slow down or blow the motor. While the whole world runs on 4 cycle engines because they can maintain a constant speed over a duration with out catastrophic failure...

I satisfied half of my need to sound smart for today I think, time to start posting dumb pics... :D
  5. savageprime New Player

You guys are removing the longevity of a mmo.

Two months of playing dcuo anyone can get a new toon from lvl1 to CR 107 with 120+SP if not more. PvP is a competitive arena and should not take 1 day to master. 200 wins from cash to best? Are you serious? Thats not even a full weekend of pvp and you now have no reason to pvp! Heck why not give skill points based on time played since we are suggesting to make stuff so easy. You have 1 month time played you should be given 50SP just based off time
    Why not? I mean 200 wins for cash to best gets you what 5 sp alone in style not to mention any pvp feats.

Buuutttt thats where the game players want to take things so lol.
  6. savageprime New Player

So you know without a doubt that a shadow land 1v1 will take much much shorter then a ace chem? So much shorter that you should get less marks for it? Heck winning a 1v1 takes WAY more skill than winning a team oriented ace chem so why shouldn't i get more for that 1v1 than the guy who does no fighting and just sits a node letting the team do all the work. So we are trying to base earned marks on time vs skill, AND roger that high speed.
    • Like x 1
  7. space outlaw Well-Known Player

hmmmm i do like the sound of that and is worth and daring to get in to 8vs8 matches even though you will go up against a better formed team who could domanite the match or have a pug group that doesnt know what they are doing, but it is much more worth going in to if they do that part.. it could get more people to play if they increase the mark in bigger matches
    • Like x 1
  8. The Enquirer Steadfast Player

No, and it's entirely possible some maps give you way more credit than others in spite of being smaller. You just need to look at the average time it takes to complete most maps.

Not in arenas. Arenas get more competitive once you hit 4s and up. That distinction is something that needs to be reflected as well.

I've also previously promoted a rewards system that involves basing it off of how well you and your team performed and rewards everyone for higher levels of performance. Baby steps.

You seem abnormally opposed to this idea and aggressive for no reason.

If the only reason you're playing PvP is to see slightly higher numbers pop off someone else's head rather than because you enjoy it I suggest seeing a therapist as that's likely an unhealthy addiction you've got there.

Bringing back something like influence and having it convertable to valor would be a good system to reward some skill.

I'm not necessarily sure about time spent on map as that could lead to people abusing it. If the reward is small, small to the point where it doesn't make sense to try and hide for the duration of the map, then I won't see it really being too much of a problem. It would be a good solution to rewarding extremely long matches.

Also speaking in terms of dumb pics, here you go:
    [IMG]
  9. PortgasD Well-Known Player

I would love for the bigger arena and legends maps to have bigger incentives for playing them! While the bigger maps are a lot of fun its really for queues for them to pop being that the rewards are the same as easier to coordinate/smaller maps! If rewards could be adjusted to give them more reward for playing that would be perfect!
  10. Giggles Loyal Player

If people get too bored of the grind, there is no "longevity". I did it 4 times, I can tell you that it is boring beyond belief. I'm still here because I thoroughly enjoy the game, but let me tell you, I will never start over again, it is way to boring of a grind. I'd be surprised at how many new players actually stick with PvP after going from cash to Hush gear. I think one of the biggest problems with this game is everything is so tedious, and becomes a chore with how the grind is set up.

PvP is about competition and fighting. Why we have so many sets of gear is beyond me. There should not be so many sets, at least in my opinion. There should be cash gear, and then the best gear, kind of like how it was back at launch with cash set, influence set, and mark of victory set. :)
    • Like x 2
  11. savageprime New Player

ITS ONLY A GRIND IF YOU MAKE IT ONE!
    I would go to say that one of the things you like about DCUO is the fact that it is so ongoing and takes a investment in your character. Grind to get feats and grind to get gear, thats what it is. You remove that and allow this game to be over in 2 months than why pay a subscription? Why even play a mmo that's over in 2 months or less? You think WoW would still be going if you could get the best of everything in the game in 2 months and be done? Really whats the point?

Where is your thread about having to gather thousands and thousands of times for a feat. A thousand lair battles and such? Its ALL a grind that you do at your own pace. You dont HAVE to get all the best pvp gear in 1 day. Take a couple weeks and do it at your leisure. It becomes a chore/tedious grind when you try and burn through it all in a day.

But as always this game caters to the new beginner and crybabies so touché. I have stopped my sub and am merely here out of love for the game to try and save it but its going downhill fast to yours and like minded peoples liking.
    • Like x 1
  12. The Enquirer Steadfast Player

By this logic once you unlock the best PvP gear there's no reason to ever PvP again.
    • Like x 1
  13. MetaMax75 Devoted Player

I'm not running lair battles anymore. I don't see a need to throttle the marks, and I sure as (redacted) am not solo queuing into 2v2 lb's anymore if 35 marks is my most likely outcome.
  14. Giggles Loyal Player

I think what you are failing to understand is that many people enjoy PvP just for the sake of fun. The issue is not really PvP, it's to get into gear that makes a difference you have to jump through so many hoops, that by the time you actually achieve the set, you are like "wow... This took forever". As I said, I have every single feat in the game, so it's not a matter of me complaining personally, it is a matter of me admitting that something needs to be adjusted because it was not fun, and I do not think a newer player who has way less vested time in this game is going to enjoy it enough to finish the new best set or stick around.

Then, who cares if they make things more accessible to new players? I have every single feat that exists in the game right now, and I have no problem with them making things more enjoyable for others. The problem with MMOs are the people who share your mentally, that "Since I had it hard, they should have it hard too". You talked about longevity earlier, do you really think if they continue to make things as tedious as it currently is, that they are going to keep people interested? No they aren't.

Obtaining PvP gear is way more complicated than it should be. There should not be 4-5 different sets. There should 2, maybe 3 sets at most. It should take around 200 wins total to finish all 2 or 3. Not 213 wins for one single set. Everyone claims they want PvP to thrive, but when anyone mentions streamlining PvP to make it more accessible to all types of players, those same "PvP advocates" throw a fit over any changes. News flash, friend, if you want PvP to stay as active as it is now, long passed the time that everyone finishes their new sets, they have to make the road to the end enjoyable so people don't get disgusted with PvP before they reach the end. :)
    • Like x 2
  15. MEBegnalsFan Devoted Player

8 vs 8 should award 2x the marks of other maps...simply due to the fact it requires more coordination between players.
  16. CaptainPoptart Committed Player

I understand lairs was a quick way to earn marks but really 200 down to 75 and if u lose you get 35 marks why not take the map out the game it would of been better if you reduce it to like 150 per win and 75 per lost that makes more sense
  17. The Enquirer Steadfast Player

Do the math. If you get 200 marks for winning you get just about 67 marks per kill. If that were to translate over to other maps the rewards would be ridiculous. Even with 150 that's still 50 marks per kill. That's still way too high. Right now you earn 25 marks per kill if you win and a maximum of just about 17 if you lose. It's pretty darn fair considering these matches only take a couple of minutes if the players are decent. If they're good players who understand how to inflict high burst damage it could be over in less than that.
  18. ACW37162 Loyal Player

I fully endorse this idea for the next PvP season.

Which gives the developers time to roll the idea around, take suggestion, and make tweets after weeks and months of meetings and talk.

Not during an ongoing season where the weeks and moths of meetings and information came to a decision that was changed in a day and half.
    • Like x 1
  19. The Enquirer Steadfast Player

I don't even know why they'd wait until next season. They already adjusted one map. Even if they don't perfect the system until next season, they might as well still fix this one.
  20. ACW37162 Loyal Player

I think a little bit of patience would have gone a long way here.

In this sense waiting is imortant for two reason one if I understood SOE live correctly pop seasons are supposed to start coming closer together and two sometime back there were meetings where they came to a consensus or at least a decision about this changing things this soon into the season undermines someone in the office especially since this is not something I consider a cord gameplay issue.