Cannot launch game: cmd crash on launch

Discussion in 'Game Support' started by SnagyAtom, Oct 8, 2014.

1. SnagyAtom Level 30

I need some help, every time i try to launch the game from the launcher it always crashes and pops up a CMD window.
    " info: wws_crashreport version 3.5.0
    info: cannot connect to 67.37.172.254 "

can someone help me get through this plz
  2. SnagyAtom Level 30

and just to add, does DCUO have any issues with Windows 10?
  3. LadyLightning Issue Tracker Volunteer

Is your security software maybe blocking the game?
    Do you have the latest launcher and game version?
    Did you try "Validate Game Assets" in the lauchnpad?
  4. TSR-AlexS Customer Service

Shouldnt have a problem running on Windows 10.
    Lightning's right. Please check to make sure all antivirus/firewall programs have the game set as an exception.
    Please also try validating the launchpad to see if it makes a difference.
  5. SnagyAtom Level 30

So yh, ty fr advice:
    Windows 10 blocks all antivirus expect windows defender.
    Reinstalled, validated, tried changing servers back and forth and all. But i do know that its failing whenever it gets to the point where it validate game server. Do you have a way to modify the settings of the way i access the game server. in some games i have to modify the files by changing the IP or something.
  6. SnagyAtom Level 30

7. Randall_Danger New Player

Did you ever solve the issue? I am having the same problem in Windows 10. Running the game through steam
  8. Randall_Danger New Player

Did you ever solve the issue? I am having the same problem in Windows 10. Running the game through steam
  9. SnagyAtom Level 30

Nah havent bn able to play DC since then, well Im hoping its something in microsoft Windows 10 OS settings otherwise I thts it for me
  10. darkgamerx Level 30

Other games worked perfectly fine on 10. I think it has to do with DCUO simply not supporting windows 10 yet and I can understand why they aren't bothering with adding support yet. I heard the new build 9888 of W10 will use a newer kernel 10.0. No point in adding support today when there can be a dramatic change tomorrow. The latest version of 10 was so unstable for me that I ended up rolling back to 8.1. Explorer.exe would go into meltdown mode and I would constantly have to restart it via task manager, keyboard wouldn't light up etc. I'm probably going to wait until the consumer build before I switch back to 10.
  11. SnagyAtom Level 30

I understand if its a OS support matter I wasnt gonna get anywhere, but all I wanted to know was the specific cause since its always something like something is denying me access to DCUO servers. I have had this same issue in another game (on different OS though) and I remember being able to add an exeption for its IP in my registry (forgot specific area bn a long time) and other various app exceptions and it worked

Gonna get exact details on what I exactly did
  12. Cortana Level 30

Sadly, even the latest Consumer-build of Windows 10 Pro TP will still not work with the current DCUO direct-launcher.
    Every other SOE Game played on Windows 10 launches fine. But DCUO? Crasher-city... :(
    The same launcher-setup works fine on Windows 8.1 64bit. But we left that Windows OS behind this morning.
  13. Xanth New Player

I couldn't get my local shares to work until I added the server to the Credential manager in Windows 10. I'm wondering if there's something in there that need adjusting. I tried adding in 64.37.172.132 and 170 as generic credentials, but that didn't work.