Why don't the devs make PVP DLCs anymore ;(

Discussion in 'Battle of the Legends (PvP)' started by MidnightTiger, Oct 2, 2014.

1. MidnightTiger Well-Known Player

Yes, I admit, PVE is VERY fun, but so is PVP. I'm not asking for a whole trilogy, but just one more DLC.
    And don't bring up that Last Laugh crap on me. The only reason that sold so low was because A) Feats were messed up. And B) The safehouse arenas are able to be played by F2P.
    But look at Home Turf, that sold so well!
    Now, if you explore the forums a little, the PVP community is A LOT more active than the PVE community. People ask for new legends all the time!
    And if you use the excuse that Home Turf sold well only because of the introduction to lairs, then developers can just create one similar but for League Halls.
    3 new arenas.
    -6 player free-for-all IN THE LEAGUE HALL
    -6 player free-for-all IN THE HALL OF DOOM
    -6 player free-for-all IN THE WATCHTOWER
    See, the f2ps can play the normal arenas and can't complain, and the people who buy the DLC won't feel like they bought it for nothing.
    -8 new legends:
    Non/Superboy
    Ares/Martian Manhunter
    Black Manta/Aquaman (UNLESS THE DEVS MAKE AN AQUAMAN DLC THEN I'D BE TOTALLY COOL WITH IT)
    Poison Ivy/Batgirl (Any Batgirl, doesn't matter to me, I love all of them :3 )
    So, any thoughts? :D
  2. Volkenraider Loyal Player

They segregate the community to much and PVP isn't for everyone which is something that I respect,

The Last Laugh wasn't a success so don't expect a PVP DLC
    • Like x 3
  3. ncgreenlantern Loyal Player

1.The map rotation has been awful so a pvp dlc with new maps to me will feel like a ripoff there's still a broken map from the Last laugh dlc

2. There's no replay badges in pvp and that's 100% how it should be when they did the pvp dlc Last Laugh they add lockouts and replay badges to pvp and to me that killed pvp faster then the home turf mods .
  4. ThunderlesStorm New Player

Pvp community is active but small. A pvp DLC will not sell as well as a pve one.
    • Like x 1
  5. Chungweishan New Player

Only on the forums is the PvP Community more active, and by active meaning only the same noops are complaining and arguing amongst each other (including myself).

• Last Laugh sold poorly because there aren't a lot of PvP-players. It was the only means to get the best Armor. The DLC-maps separated the small PvP-playerbase, which eventually led to all maps being free (albeit poorly rotated). Most players still hate PvP regardless of the Feats involved.
    • Home Turf sold well not because of Lairs, it was because of all the Mods/Trinket bonuses. Nowadays, it's expected that everyone uses White Mods and Trinkets with the Belt. If you don't, then you're not worthy. HT was such an advantage in PvP, the main PvPers didn't mind redoing PvE-missions for the rent, at least for the first month.
    • Legends are legends. You don't need a PvP-DLC for those. And it's a lot more feasible to sell them individually. Players eat that up because they know the latest Legend is the most unbalanced (good or bad). Obviously I wouldn't mind Legends sold as a pack. However, I do worry about more Legend characters, making it too bloated and unbalanced.
    • It's a shame they didn't incorporate League Halls for PvP when it was released. Personally, I hope they do as end-game content for PvP. Once everyone max-gears in Arenas, they definitely need to do something interesting besides just Arenas. My idea would be wins in League Halls gives you points/marks to build up your Hall (ie. turrets, bat-computer, defense systems) for the next League Hall battle.
    • No one is going to purchase a DLC without the proper Rewards regardless of Content. Most players view PvP as a means to be more powerful in PvE, and don't care about being Tournament Competitive - which is unfortunate.
    • Like x 1
  6. MidnightTiger Well-Known Player

I'm sad because I know you're all right ;(
  7. JonnyD New Player

Pretty much this, at least for PC. Maybe after GU41 we can get more growth and more people down the road. PvP in this game isn't popular enough.
    • Like x 1
  8. Stark Cold New Player

I doubt we'd see a full PvP DLC again. That said, one idea would be to add something related to PvP in each DLC. The same idea as adding at least one piece of 8-man content to every DLC going forward.

They could add a new PvP map, a new Legends character, new gear (when new seasons come out), new styles, new feats, etc. something along those lines.
    • Like x 1
  9. Sabigya Steadfast Player

PvP community is rather small and due to Devs hardcore messing up in properly rotating a map it sent off a bad taste to players.
    If they released another PvP DLC. You will hear massive uproar from PvE players who replay spammed the previous DLC and complaints about lack of content.
    For now they have to release PvE DLC's with a little PvP part to it or release it free in Updates.
  10. Aren Sul Committed Player

There's nothing sadder than a sad Solomon Grundy :(

I'm not a pvp'er in any MMO I've played (really dislike it most of the time). But, I do understand how great it is for people that do like it (it's fast-paced, unpredictable, and often high adrenaline). So here's hoping that even if they don't have another PVP DLC, there's enough PVP innovation in each new DLC to keep people who enjoy it engaged and happy.
    • Like x 1
  11. GhostsAndMagic Dedicated Player

Instead of adding a new dlc, they should just add stuff to last laugh
  12. Maxx_Watt Loyal Player

They decimated a once thriving PvP with TLL, they put what was left of PvP on life support with the 1st PvP season, then pulled the plug with map rotations. Every improvement has made PvP worse.
    • Like x 1
  13. 139 Masks Dedicated Player

I'm very surprised that Green Arrow is not a LEGENDS character - set Deadshot up as the villain side of that one.

Once again, I'm still shocked that the Flash (of any type) has not made it into LEGENDS - set Pied Piper or Grond up as the villain side of this one.

And, of course, I would love to see Kamandi in LEGENDS - any old anthropomorphic animal would do as the villain side of this, but I would like to see an anthropomorphic gorilla in a Superman costume in particular (Yeah, they would put on the Superman costume they found and fling themselves through the air using a catapult! That's a great power, but I guess most of them didn't survive it... seriously, read the comics ...)
  14. Sabigya Steadfast Player

Green Arrow, Flash, Grodd are coming.
    • Like x 3
  15. WickedRhys Well-Known Player

I remember them saying before that they will never do another DLC based around PvP.
  16. 139 Masks Dedicated Player

I guess I'll still have to wait for Kamandi then ...