Fire Tanking

Discussion in 'War Room (Powers, Artifacts, & Builds)' started by Goldbloodedd, Sep 24, 2014.

1. Revoemag Committed Player

Only thing fire tanking needs is a good aoe range pull..give it that and fire tanking is best IMO.
    • Like x 1
  2. CarlynnCarnage 10000 Post Club

I just use low pressure. You have to be flight, but it is an amazing pull.
    • Like x 3
  3. blazeing fire111 Devoted Player

Correct me if i am wrong but superspeed has no aoe pull? I think they should add a AOE pull to each movement pulls.
  4. Cable Committed Player

Fire tanking is the hard-mode enabled of the tank powers. You are punished more severely for missing counter mechanics, you have to have a grasp of how your powers work in the harder content, and you learn the importance of blocking early on. I think for those that start out as fire tanks compared to others generally are better tanks because of this. I'm not saying all fire tanks are more skilled than those who play the other powers, I'm just saying for those new to tanking fire really requires you to learn what you're doing. I find it to be the most fun and rewarding style of all the tank powers as well.
    • Like x 1
  5. CarlynnCarnage 10000 Post Club

It just has tornado pull. It is kind of like the lasso.
    • Like x 1
  6. VariableFire Loyal Player

Fire tanking is difficult to be self-sufficient with. You will KNOW if you're running with bad and/or weak healers if you are a fire tank. In addition, Fire Tanking needs a lot more SP to match the same effectiveness of the other tanks, even with healers backing the fire tank.

Maybe if Tank mode increased the chance of every heal being a crit to 100% it might match up with the other tanks. The problem is they designed Fire with a High Risk/High Reward mentality across both roles but while they have been sorting out the DPS side of that recently, they've barely touched on Tanking. Yes, they threw a bone with Stoke Flames having a reduced cooldown. SF still costs too much power for too little healing. Fire Tanks never got their promised healing buff (okay, for a month but then it was declared too much and nerfed to be weaker than before).
    • Like x 2
  7. Newsflash New Player

No, it's more like a hairdryer that doesn't work properly.
  8. Newsflash New Player

Basically right. Having 2x Health and 2x Healing is the equivalent of having 50% Mitigation, that's why people used PVP gear in PVP because it gave them 2x the Health and effectively adjusted for having zero defense.

Problem for Fire is it's meant to heal all the damage back. Whereas other tanking classes can be self reliant in managing their own mitigation the Fire tank is unfortunately saddled with needing a healer because it's self heals aren't good enough. So you need a good healer... a bad healer gets you killed most of the time and groups will nearly always blame wipes on you, the tank.

I still maintain Fire needs a Defense or mitigation bonus as part of it's tank buff.

When you consider that to heal you have to come out of block... without any kind of tank bonus to defense/mitigation this opens you to sustaining a bucketload more damage. Unless you have immunity, coming out of block to heal might actually make the situation worse than it would have been just staying put and blocking. Basically the same reason why no Fire tanks bother to use HL shield.

Then there's the fact Healing has a Power cost attached to it, whereas defense/mitigation is free. Anyone that's trolled for a Fire Tank that wants to taunt & pull regularly AND self heal will tell you how painful it is.
  9. AtrocitusOmega Committed Player

Why wont the devs just give fire a pull have they ever answered that question? No tank should be using iconic powers or movement mode abilities to pull adds smh
  10. Korlick Loyal Player

The block buff from the neck mod should last a little bit after we come out of block. Something like the block-breaker window.

Fire already have a pull. You dont need iconic or movement mode abilities to pull adds.
    • Like x 2
  11. Newsflash New Player

Enduring Block mod, nice idea it could work :)
  12. space outlaw Well-Known Player

fire tanks is like earth tanks you really need to rely on the healer a lot

if fire tanks have high health then fire tanks should have high restoration to heal themselves but its hard to see that when im doing t6 missions its like fire tanks have to spam two or three power to keep the health up. its just sad:(

but Ice and Rage tanks pssh don't even have to rely on healers muchjust as long as you stick with your rotation and have power and you will do just fine
  13. xskateXX Well-Known Player

not only that
    if burnin determination is up and u need to move,
    then yea HL SHIELD will be affective
  14. CarlynnCarnage 10000 Post Club

I give up.
    • Like x 1
  15. AtrocitusOmega Committed Player

I meant a long range full
  16. Korlick Loyal Player

No it wont. It doesnt matter if B.D. is active or not, HL Shield still would be useless and inmediatly broken after casting it.
  17. St IronMagic Well-Known Player

Fire tanked all the content except Lockdown (waiting for 1 piece).

I assure you fire tanks do not need a shield. What they need is the player to know their powers and execute them perfectly. The best compliment you'll ever get from a healer is "I barely had to heal you". Believe me. You also need to master "Smart Blocking". Being stuck in block is boring and most fire tanks switch powers because they hate blocking all the time. You can attack and participate with smart blocking while doing your job. I can't speak for others, but its something I've mastered on my own.
  18. Sarith Strayk New Player

I'm Fire dominant, usually do Damage role, and practically never get healed because I'm always way out in front in the middle of a bunch of bad guys and anyone trying to get in there and heal me will just get themselves KOed too.
  19. CarlynnCarnage 10000 Post Club

When you are in damage role you should not be out front in the middle of the bad guys. Only the tank should be.
  20. Spacedude2 New Player

I like what they did with Thermal Absorption. You get healing and power back.