Premium needs a cash cap increase

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by GhostsAndMagic, Sep 29, 2014.

1. FESTER665 Devoted Player

What content can they not get that they paid for? They can get everything they paid for, but just have to perform work-arounds to do so.

Again, not saying they shouldn't make things a little less stressful, just that they need to be careful to not take it too far and cost themselves memberships.
    • Like x 1
  2. Minnion Devoted Player

I tend to agree with the sentiment that the players are content... Premium should be good enough to keep former subscribers interested in the game while their subscription is lapsed.(Which from what I've read is a weak point as you just loose so dang much when your sub ends, much of it full time subscribers simply take for granted, like the extra inventory space or character slots...)
  3. SethZoulMonEl 10000 Post Club

The R&D Plans are still part of the DLCs, so they are not entirely separate. A Premium player can research the plans, but he/she cannot use the majority of them above level I. The latest DLC is at level VI. That just doesn't sit right with me.

If the DCUO team said that the best r&d is intentionally not available to Premiums, that is fine, but level I is way too far below the best r&d.

*None of the above affects me beyond that it doesn't seem right. I can subscribe if I wish to or work around it. That's beside the point. It just seems too restrictive to me considering how important r&d has become in the game. Synthetics help, but they send the wrong message to the players. Instead of being a stepping stone, they're viewed as a lazy way to mod (which is unfortunately how they are actually used by many players).
  4. Rockhound665 Steadfast Player

This has nothing to do with subscribing or not. It's what we call a strawman argument. And a bad one at that. So what you're saying is that free players should have the same accesses as paid players. Typical. Yeah, that's a sound business philosophy. :rolleyes: And premium players already get the content they're paying for. THEY'RE NOT PAYING FOR ANYTHING ASIDE FROM THE DLC'S AND THAT GIVES YOU ACCESS! Please tell me you're not this obtuse.
    • Like x 1
  5. SethZoulMonEl 10000 Post Club

It's sound in that a free player would have to work a lot harder for that access. Take the option that free players had to reach tier 5, for example. They had one instance available to run: Inner Sanctum. How many free players would you expect to run that hundreds or even thousands of times just to reach tier 5? The access is there, but by no means is it convenient enough for the majority of players to take advantage of it. Most will pay for DLCs or subscribe to pass that hurdle.
  6. FESTER665 Devoted Player

If a non-member can research the plan and make a mod (if they trade for the appropriate materials) from a DLC they don't own, how is the plan "tied to the DLC" ??? If it said "you cannot research this VI plan without owning AF1 or HoP1" then you would be correct.

Unfortunately this isn't the case. The strength of the plan is tied to tiers, but the plans and materials are not tied to a DLC.
    • Like x 1
  7. Rockhound665 Steadfast Player

As has been said ad nauseum is that there are already perimeters in place to open up escrow but this guy wants everything legendaries get just by paying $40 a year.
    • Like x 2
  8. SethZoulMonEl 10000 Post Club

The plans drop in the DLC content. Without the DLC content, they wouldn't exist. That was all I meant. I know players can trade for them without actually owning the DLC. That's not exactly the point I was trying to make. I was referring to drops only, so if a player buys a DLC and gets plans through drops in that DLC, the Premium player is unable to and will always be unable to make the mod from that plan as things currently stand.

Again, most of my concern lies in the fact that VI mods are currently the best, and premium players can only make level I mods with the current system (not including using real cash to do so).
  9. Tazzaxe Dedicated Player

Please clarify a bit of confusion for me. I'm legendary, I was never premium.

If a Premium Player gives me oh say 18 Exobytes 1 Focusing Element VI maybe a half a stack of Support Bits. I go buy the merchant item in exchange for those bits and my time. I make them a Precision VI mod and hand it back they can use it right? They dont need to purchase one of the latest DLC's to actually apply that to armor ? Am I correct on this?
    • Like x 2
  10. SethZoulMonEl 10000 Post Club

I have been paying a lot more than $40 a year. This isn't about me. This is about the limitations the system imposes on players that result in a reduction in the population of the game. I'd be more inclined to continue to pay more than $40 a year if there was a better system in place.
    • Like x 1
  11. SethZoulMonEl 10000 Post Club

Yes, that is correct.
  12. Rockhound665 Steadfast Player

Oh cry me a river. When this game first started at a time when subscribing was not an option, we had to grind a lot harder than what you're describing here. This game is a cakewalk compared to the first year. How would you have liked to have to earn Marks of Allegiance AND renown in order to purchase .5 gear? And as for grinding for MoT, try doing Kahndaq and Outer over and over and over again...once a week. Do you know how long it used to take to get 1 piece of T1 gear? But now it's easy as you now get MoT in lower content and you have the option(there's that word again) to buy replay badges so you can run those raids/alerts/duos 100 times if you fork out enough cash. Where I come from that's called pay to win except you don't want to pay anything to do it.
    • Like x 1
  13. Rockhound665 Steadfast Player

But none of that stuff is required to play this game. Again you simply cannot be this obtuse. And do you have evidence of this reduction in population? And from what I gather you want this game to be 100% free so to draw in more players. Again, there's no way you can be this economically ignorant.
    • Like x 1
  14. Tazzaxe Dedicated Player

Then the limitation does not exist they can still do it through trading with items easily obtainable in game. Simply farm exobits and do a bunch of TD's right?
    • Like x 1
  15. Foe Evah New Player

Content, repair costs, R&D, soders, etc., all have increased significantly since this three-tier plan has been announced. I think a cash cap increase is overdue to premium players, especially considering that it isn't that much higher than freemium and that a number of these players may have bought grand majority of DLCs and have the same exact cap as someone who bought one, or even none but spent $10 in the market place. A cash bumb for every DLC purchase, or even a gifted escrow per, seems reasonable to me. However, for as many threads as we've had, it's pretty clear that it will stay this way. For folks will either be able to hustle through Premium or give in and sub for legendary, even if temporarily. I would much rather have it where they would make legendary more attractive to outweigh the benefit of being able to use your in-game-wallet, but whatever, because obviously the other perks aren't that great if pumping the cash cap to something like 5k is simply not viable and that huge of a loss in legendary players.
  16. FESTER665 Devoted Player

And that statement is incorrect. A non-member who owns the DLC can get the plan as a drop and make the mod, he just needs to perform a in game work-around to get the materials by trading with a member. This is the part that is intended. They want the member to be needed in order to get certain items. If a non-member could buy all the materials necessary then a member wouldn't be needed in the equation.

If you don't want to be inconvenienced by spending more time in game to perform trades for materials, then you're able to either use another micro-transaction on escrow or subscribe.
    • Like x 1
  17. Rockhound665 Steadfast Player

You're speaking facts guy. Stop it. Some people don't want to hear it.
    • Like x 1
  18. SethZoulMonEl 10000 Post Club

So what you are saying is:
    • Players used to have to grind a lot to progress.
    • Today, players can still grind a lot to progress, or they can pay to make it go faster.
    I'm merely asking for an extension on that same reasoning. Grind a lot for r&d, or subscribe/pay to make r&d easier.
  19. Rockhound665 Steadfast Player

*sigh* You know, explaining this is starting to feel like explaining calculus to my dogs with the exception that after a while the dogs will actually begin to understand calculus. What part of there are escrow tokens for sale that isn't being understood here?
    • Like x 1
  20. Rockhound665 Steadfast Player

[IMG]
    • Like x 1