League Halls: Too Out of Reach

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by BlueVariable, Sep 24, 2014.

1. BlueVariable Committed Player

Assumptions of peoples gaming habits and opinions aside, for a low key league with say, just a few members, it is more of a grind to get a league hall than it needs to be. I'm not asking for special treatment and anyone who actually took the time to read the post would have realized I am not asking for anything on a "silver platter" so to speak.
    I was simply saying that at its current state, obtaining a league hall is really made for larger communities, and in a certain sense, shirks the little groups of players.

I've had my League since the game was in Beta, and have kept it relatively small on purpose because it wasn't meant for people to get lost and forgotten in. So I'm sorry our community isn't a gigantic gathering of hardcore players, but just because we are low-key, does not mean we "obviously" don't want a hall bad enough since we aren't grinding hours every day out of our lives.

There could be a better mechanism in place for obtaining it, but if they are gearing league halls towards larger organizations, then all the power to them. Us smaller leagues will make do in our own bases.
  2. TKMcClone Steadfast Player

I'm working on earning one solo.... wanna buy it :D ?
  3. Unida Dedicated Player

i totally expected the gear donation nerf to make things a lot tougher to earn prestige but it really hasnt even mattered.
    we have a core group of around 15-18 players and its been a breeze. we maintain a core 5 profs (it really falls off after these ones...) and have nearly 200K prestige in the bank.

i can see it being hard on smaller leagues with erratic play time, but with an ok size and a good amount of activity you can easily crush.
    • Like x 1
  4. WhiteW0lf Devoted Player

Hey man! Long time no see!

Yes, for very small leagues such as my own it is very time consuming. My league has TWO.. That's right TWO active players. We have been working hard to get up there and are currently at 98k prestige. We will get there in the near future.

I understand where you are coming from but I also understand why they did it that way. It's a balance. For really big leagues its a cake walk, for really small leagues its a hassle. But for the average league it's just right.
    • Like x 2
  5. Anhur Committed Player

It's supposedly "balanced", the system is based on the averages - I understand the curve is steepest for smaller leagues, you've stated the flaw but not suggested a superior or alternative option - all I could foresee as a working model would be options with incremental increases, for example;
    • Free - you cannot place items, you cannot unlock statues, you cannot activate boosts, it is purely a league hub.
    • 5,000 - a limitation on the number of items that can be placed (5 per room), a limitation on statues (2), a limitation of the number of boosts that be activated (2).
    • 10,000 - a limitation on the number of items that can be placed (10 per room), a limitation on statues (4), a limitation of the number of boosts that be activated (4).
    • 15,000 - a limitation on the number of items that can be placed (15 per room), a limitation on statues (6), a limitation of the number of boosts that be activated (6).
    So on and so forth, all the way up to the 100,000/125,000 which has zero limitations, you can upgrade to the next level once per month (costing only the difference, so going from 5,000 to 10,000 would cost 5,000, since you've already spent 5,000) - the limitations are a necessity considering the amounts spent.

You'd be happy with something along those lines?
    • Like x 3
  6. randomkeyhits Dedicated Player

I don't feel the league hall cost is too much given what it is meant to be, a collaborative effort. Plus the first instancing just gives us a baseline for what league halls are. The devs can now, if they want, expand the functionality and features over time, halls can grow like the rest of the game.

Its not hard to gain prestige, even as a solo player, especially if you have some alts. I'm only running stuff where I still have a weekly/monthly box outstanding on a toon and I've already hit 107k, 18K and I'll have the base. Then finally I can work on improving my shared bank space (yet another hint to the devs.... MP slots plox....)

Halls are a direct effort vs reward system and is easier when the effort is shared, you know there may be a moral in there somewhere...
    • Like x 1
  7. DCFanatical Dedicated Player

Which is why I asked about what you consider small.

Obviously, people have grinded hours a day. I won't suggest otherwise. But the grind isn't all that large depending on how many active members you have (and I am talking less then 20 members here).

The question is, are you actively working on a League hall or not? and, How many members do you have?

If you aren't actively working on a hall (in otherwords effeciently working on prestige) and Have say 5 active people. Yeah it may take a while. Since I assume you are more running content to run it. Rather then trying to cap out prestige.

But at the same time, that seems to contradict everything you have said here. If you ARE worried about prestige, and want a League Hall as fast as possible, why aren't you efficiently working on it.

Depending on the time you have, 2-4 hours a day of running content will drastically add to your prestige. This does not count any gear you donate. Nor does it count prestige earned from Bases.

Without knowing more about you or your league, it is hard to say what you should or shouldn't be doing. But keep in mind, I have never said anything about adding more members. Yes, more people will divide the load. making it easier on each individual. But my whole point was that it is perfectly obtainable WITHOUT having to be a larger league.
  8. TheRealDeathern New Player

This was a common complaint (small leagues unable to obtain...) when league halls were introduced, but a complaint that diminished as time passed. Why? For various reasons, but the primary being that it just wasn't true. Several small leagues, including LOOT, a 5 person league that managed to actually get their league hall first, proved it could be done.

IMO, a league hall was intended to be something that was worked towards and gradually earned over time. Its one of the few "rewards" in game that cannot be earned in a weekend. It should remain this way, not because my smaller league has one and yours don't, but rather to give players a goal and objective that will keep them enticed to play.

On a side note, there are now donation boxes in either the HOD or Watchtower that were un-available when we were building prestige to buy ours, to donate items in to make the path toward league hall ownership faster. Had the community not cried over the larger rewards we used to get for donating items, you may have a league hall by now. Regardless you can still access them and get prestige whereas we couldn't before.

It does take time to get one. That's OK. Everything in the game doesn't have to be earned in a weekend.
    • Like x 1
  9. TheRealDeathern New Player

We've hit the hard cap every week with nothing but T6 players. Part of that was due to donations, but the revamp of that system slowed it down from hitting the cap in 30 seconds to taking a few days...
    • Like x 1
  10. Kal~el Committed Player

Totally disagree. When a league of only 5 people is the first to get a league hall throw a serious dent in your reasoning.
  11. Veritasum Loyal Player

My me league is 50K prestige in. We'll (I) get there eventually.
  12. Shadowdragon Devoted Player

This is the right focus. It'll feel less frustrating that way. As others have said, you're not missing a whole lot by not having one. League Halls had their high when they first came out because they were new and everyone wanted one... just like any other new feature in the game. After obtaining and decorating, things died down fast. Personal bases are more practical and functional. Just think of it as a bonus when it comes. I'm sure you'll have yours way before my 5-month SilverAge Tyranny roadmap!
  13. Sorwen Well-Known Player

"Just do T6's" would be great if I didn't have just one character that just got some T2 gear. A guild that consists of me and 2 new players(friends that just started a little over a week ago). Not anytime soon is an understatement.

See something like that would be awesome. Let everyone get one, it is a game it is supposed to be fun. Then you have stuff for the large guilds to build on and for those that just want to feel better than everyone else.
  14. TheRealDeathern New Player

I waited three years to get a league hall. It took forever for the DEVs to finally incorporate them into the game despite the community desire to have them. Even when they were finally announced, they got pushed back due to the PS4 release. I guess time waiting is relative... You always have the option to locate a league with them already. Join their ranks with your buds, and problem would be solved. Leagues love to add friend groups. More times than not, those players stay in the league because their friends are part of it as well. Best of luck.
  15. DCFanatical Dedicated Player

Admittedly, this size of group is going to make things hard. But keep in mind, T6 is used because it seems to be where most forum users are. But Prestige gains are not exclusive to T6. If I understand the system correctly, A T2 toon running a T2 alert will earn the same amount of Prestige as a T6 running a T6 alert.

as far as overall Prestige gains, I would have to look at the numbers for both since the numbers assume running everything at T6, I would have to look to see if the number of Alerts, duos, and Challenges are the same. But if Memory serves me correctly, it should be about equal at the moment. I think T2 actually has MORE challenges that T6, so you could even be getting more Prestige then a T6 person.

But yeah, 3 people, 2 of which are not yet level 30, are going to have a hard time no matter how you slice it. But you are pretty much looking at an extreme end. I realize this is going to sound harsh, but no company can add a system like League Halls for every type of situation. And I am not sure they should. Otherwise it would be too easy for a League of one to get everything in the League Hall, and that really isn't the point of the system. And can even be considered detrimental to the idea of encouraging people to form leagues in the first place.
  16. Sorwen Well-Known Player

But most of us are asking for it to be way too easy(at least as some people see it) get a League Hall not way too easy to get everything. Its fine if you have to work for the end, but to slog just for the entry into it is a bit much. Honestly the game doesn't do anything to really stop the League of One. It does more to prevent the casual than number.
  17. TheRealDeathern New Player

The hall really wasn't designed for a league of one to gain access easily as a league typically consists of more than one, and in some cases a lot more than one. To be honest the league hall doesn't have any features that one cannot get either in their lair or by visiting either the HOD or the Watchtower. In essence, you are missing very little if anything at this point by not having one. Despite this, I understand the desire to have one. Opening the doors to the league hall felt like an accomplishment for my league, it was rewarding because we worked to get it. Had the doors just opened up and they said here you go... it just wouldn't have had the same value. It would have felt a lot like a smaller HOD/Watchtower, and lot less like something we earned and take pride in...
    • Like x 1
  18. Plum Crazy Committed Player

My league is very small, and by that I mean its basically me and my friend. We got in dc together and formed the league really as a just a easy communication thing lol. We just yesterday hit 125k and got our hall, the first thing I did was look at the proficiency thing and saw its 25k a piece , and it last a month lol. To be honest prestige can easily be earned if your active enough but ever since TD my dc interest has not been high and its slowly dwindles everyday, but I agree the prices are a bit inflated but can you imagine what it would of been like say 3 years ago without replay badges?
  19. evil keebler elf Well-Known Player

Its really not that bad once you get the league hall. The league im in consists of around 10 or so active ppl and we have no problem keeping the hall buffs going. Granted we dont get every single buff. We have about 6 or 7 active buffs going and have over 100k prestige saved up