Using Census for the benefit of all

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Bytecode, Sep 21, 2014.

1. Treasure Love New Player

2. ErnieB Loyal Player

As much as the OP can try to defend it, we all know this will eventually just end up as a disaster, specially with SM 2 coming soon, but even before this people where excluded by mere misinformation, so why not be excluded by facts. Anyway I like him trying to do a good thing, but really giving away too much always ends up bad, it is a timed learned lesson you would think people know by now. But since he's not giving up on it yet (though i'm sure someday things will get bad enough hi might) i would like to suggest the app to show players stats on both roles, right now it shows dps stats, but I play both roles and my toons and can't see the support stats for them. Also it's nice to see only about 57 k players have actually gotten EO across all systems, even though at one time it was use as a benchmark of who where the hardcore players and who where just casual, guess that means pretty much to majority of the community is casual then.
    • Like x 1
  3. Twilight Man New Player

True, it does not take much to see the positive and negative ways these apps will change DCUO.

Enjoy the ride while it lasts.
    • Like x 1
  4. Bast10n Committed Player

I am okay with the data being used as you described. Because you are taking large cuts of data. What I have a problem with is...

How long was FESTER665 logged in over the weekend?
    How long was FESTER665 logged on this Month?

I basically just took the questions from your post and scoped it down to just you. Hopefully you can see how information at that level can be perceived as invasive.

I can also see how knowing how many total players logged in over X amount of time would be information DCUO and it's in investors would want to keep out of their competitors hands.
    • Like x 2
  5. Dezaras Loyal Player

Ok these things are growing on me.

If only because my character has a page on the internet. Makes me feel a little more integrated into the DCU lol.
    • Like x 1
  6. FESTER665 Devoted Player

It shows your stats in whatever role you logged off in. If you're in healer stance when you log off it should show the healer numbers.

It shows my numbers as tank because I was in that stance when I logged off last.

Nope. I could care less if people see how often I played this weekend, or over the last year, or since the beginning of the game. Again, agree to disagree on it. Unfortunately they need to enable those lines to get the large cuts you're talking about from what I can tell... I'd rather them be back on.
    • Like x 2
  7. MyrVell Committed Player

Too bad the app doesn't show how many of those 57k only got EO while rwhile Dox in a box was going on.
  8. Amanda Bailey Devoted Player

I always have been open and honest about my stats so this dramatic change doesn't effect me but to an extent. I do feel my privacy was invaded because first off, it's never been not said players could look at our information with the Census. We weren't informed of this upcoming change, and I'm sure yourself or Sore could have given us a heads up.. Personally, that makes me feel like you have a certain entitlement of power over my head, and I do not like that at all. Not even the Developers of this game told us what was going on (not saying you had an idea of what was going on) but, seriously, not cool.

We pay for this game too. I don't think many of us read the Terms and Agreements, but I'm sure most of us assumed we WOULD have some sort of privacy because what game doesn't ya know? If enough players demand for a change, they will have to do something about it and frankly that's whether or not you like it because in this case, money speaks.

Honestly, I do like the App a lot but I do not like disrespect, if it's centered at me or not, disrespect in general is wrong, and you have disrespected many people. You should know this, you stated you have read comments. I'm completely biased in this situation because we all know something could be done to create peace between everyone and this App, but you choose to ignore it.

What makes you any different than the players you made this App target?

Both parties or set amount of individuals are doing wrong to the community but you fail to realize, two wrongs doesn't make it right.
    • Like x 2
  9. FameYack Committed Player

I was thinking having all your 8 man team up close to a Supply Drop would help but then i remember 25k hp as the new Pvp 3 standard so i think just sodas and some luck could help both Damage and Heal feats

I just don't know how much sodas will heal and how often you will use it, there are SC as well though
  10. Aqua Surge Loyal Player

FOS 8 vs 8. Spam heals and HoTs etc. Also you can have a league go in there naked and get hurt on purpose except the troll and tank and heal away. You'll get the feat easy.
  11. FESTER665 Devoted Player

So I need to make a healer essentially. :mad:
  12. Aqua Surge Loyal Player

Yes, it is a healer feat. :p

Did you change your powers into a healer powerset before? It shouldn't be visible to others I believe
    • Like x 1
  13. FESTER665 Devoted Player

My toon was originally an electric DPS, so it may be from that?

I didn't think there was a difference when it came to arenas though and the changing of powers was only for a few styles and races? Not sure....
  14. Bytecode Well-Known Player

Hey all, I'm taking a chance it's lunch time here at work so I'll reply to a couple posts. Unfortunately I won't be able to answer everything in a good timing, but I promise I'll answer everything as soon as I have a chance (evenings Pacific Time or weekends).

You have a point, and I touch that from another perspective in my first post, when I say skill points don't mean smooth runs necessarily. I see your point that it feels nosy or even rude, and although I don't see it that way, I respect your opinion. In my perspective, I do see value on open knowledge, and how it can help other people make progress.

Unfortunately, SOE doesn't provide data yet on which kind of content you play. As you pointed out very well, that'd be valuable to know if you're more of a solo or raid runner. Let's keep an eye open for that, and perhaps create a navigation by that kind of info later.

Be sure I feel the same respect for you and for everyone in here. Thanks for expressing your point of view neutrally. That's very nice.
  15. Bytecode Well-Known Player

Oh yeah, I mean I want that, badly. Did you know that's actually one of my key motivations to build this app? When I first asked Mepps about Census, even before it was available for DCUO, I had exactly that idea in mind. Probably because I'm too lazy to filter out all the of irrelevant stuff on youtube, blogs, forums, etc. :D Oh boy (or girl), I wish I had way more hours in my day, just to play DCUO.

But... unfortunately, that data isn't available on Census, at least not yet. As soon as I connect with them - and for some reason I'm not being able too - I'll make that suggestion, and as soon as that data is available I'll definitely prioritize building that feature.
    • Like x 2
  16. Bytecode Well-Known Player

I think I already got this answered with my previous reply where I explained it's not that simple, so please take a look at that. It's not doable at the moment but I'm open to exploring it if available in the future.
  17. Sbel Devoted Player

It's visible on all characters.

I've heard that you can do it using healing barrels in the batcave. One guy mentioned he had good luck doing it with fire tank. I've never gotten around doing that feat...
  18. Hraesvelg Always Right

That's the way we used to do it back in the day, but it was easier to sync queues and get some friends in there to make sure they were beating just enough. I finally broke down and hopped on a healer alt, went into the Safehouse arena wearing PvE gear and just spammed like crazy. It popped, then I bought it on my ice main. Best 3 replays I've ever spent.
    • Like x 2
  19. Crimson Jonni New Player

This is how i got that feat. On my pvp loadout i respecced and put extra sp into resto and dom(Hardlight toon btw lol) then i put the regenerative shielding mod on, carried some colas and i grabbed triage and restore. Then in 1v1, i stood there and let the other guy wail on me till my screen turned grey, popped a shield, restore, triage, cola, and barrels, rinse and repeat. I'm sure that guy i fought was pissed when i began to kill him and win, but its a good laugh xD
    • Like x 1
  20. HardlineHero Committed Player

Regarding people using census for the benefit of all: a person is smart, people are dumb.
    • Like x 1