It's time bring the speed and skill back...undo GU36

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Quanflux, Sep 19, 2014.

1. Whizzkid Dedicated Player

Keep in mind, you would also be allowing those same things to me as well ;). I do think it would be an interesting clash to see because it's essentially faster but lesser damage against slower but greater damage. You'd have the WM crits/AM's, Hard hitting precision combos and all of those things at your disposal whereas I'd have insane clipping speed, and multiple power interactions proc'ing every second. I wish I could revisit the "former glory" of some powers except with all of the power "revamp" updates but we both know that will never happen so this thread, as all others before it about the matter, is futile.
  2. Furrinator746 New Player

The skill gap is whats wrong with that, i get where your coming from, but with everyone being able to do easy damage what is there to strive for.
  3. Furrinator746 New Player

Couldnt of said it better myself.
  4. Furrinator746 New Player

True, but alot of players dont deal with the forums that dislike wm.
  5. Furrinator746 New Player

JC is not there, whats on the server is not JC. May be easy doing it on a sparring target, but in paradox (back when it was fun/hard) where you had to look out for things and to also to be able to maintain the combo and the speed of the combo was not easy
  6. thedemonocus Loyal Player

JC is there maybe you just forgot how to do it
    • Like x 1
  7. Zerefu New Player

At the end of the day, 9 months ago I would be excited when Thursday reset came around. Post Youtube videos and do my best to be a great player. Play everyday absolutely with my 10 bazillion friends online around the clock and everyone sending out tells for runs left and right.

I log into the forums more than I log into the actual game lately. Regardless of why, who and what, I have no feel to renew my legendary and log on, nor do my friends or leaguemates and the last time I did log on it took me 30 minutes of shouting 108 healer to get into a group...with 1 guy in it.

I'm going to say again that this is only how my experience has been lately. I'm not blaming the developers, not WM, not Halls Of Power nor Destiny. To be quite honest I don't know why no one in my realm of knowledge is playing and why Youtubers like myself and more popular ones like StarrySky and Kaiser have slowed down or altogether stopped posting videos. I really couldn't say why. And the big thing is that I don't care anymore.
  8. Red Skorpion Dedicated Player

HL, Gadgets and rage all benifited from being able to JC honestly most powers could but not to the same extent... but weapon clips were about speed ... and rotation was more fluent and my Phase DODGE I MISS SO FREAKING MUCH RIGHT NOW
    • Like x 1
  9. Minnion Devoted Player

A faster time in the instance? To see if you and and your buddies can beat the next SM when it comes out?(Assuming that it has a limited number of rounds this time around like last time...)

Being able to keep everything off your buddies as a tank?

Keeping everyones health full as a healer?

Balancing crowd control, and debuffs with keeping everyone's power full as a controller?

Unlocking all the styles in the game?

Completing your top tier PvP gear set?(Where "everyone being able to do easy damage" actually increases the overall difficulty of winning a PvP match? Granted you get a consolation prize if you loose, but that's only so latecomers to the PvP scene actually have a chance at playing without a handycap that favors those who have been playing longer.)

Completing as many feats as possible?(Yeah some are luck based, some are a dull grind, and still others are just a pain due to them relying on the kind of teamwork not normally found in a pug...)

Making your lair look pretty?

Making your league hall look cool?

Unlocking all of the proficiencies for your league hall?

Paying the rent in your base?

Obtaining all blueprints in the game?

Becoming a virtual millionaire?

Find all the Briefings/investigations in the game?

Make some friends?

Beat your best time on a solo run?

Master the daily toy-man missions?(Including the obstacle coarse.)

Surely there must be something more to strive for outside of top damage.... It's not like DPS is all that matters in this game, right?
    • Like x 9
  10. John Brawler Committed Player

so, in other words removing traits that were exploited by "skilled" players is bad because dps doesn't require "skill" anymore (regarding in this case i'm using the term skill very very very loosely) and because lower "skilled" players are capable of coming near what you "skilled" players were doing so now they can play the game. however, re-implementing these exploited traits is good because now the "skilled" players who used it can once again lord it over the less "skilled" and kick them from content because they don't do it.

so, in other words you stopped having fun when you no longer could do more damage then someone not using clipping, but if someone is having fun with the new way of playing it doesn't matter.
    • Like x 5
  11. willflynne 10000 Post Club

You said the following.

not fact just because you say looking over this thread there are more people who say they do miss the game before gu36

Underlined added.

Looking over this thread, not just at replies but also likes for replies, the support just isn't there for going back. And when you add in that more than a few of the posts supporting going back can easily come off as looking down their nose at other players or trying to put themselves upon pedestals above everyone else, it doesn't exactly help the arguments for going back.
    • Like x 4
  12. xRI0Tx Well-Known Player

Yep it's there.. With a dovetail..

If you can't appreciate the level of dexterity it took to execute K007 combo or a phase dodge/grenade spam rotation on a playstation controller then your input is pointless..

I can nail my WM timing 99 times out of 100. The one time that I miss is more than likely due to server lag.

Executing high end HL combos or phase dodge rotations at OPTIMAL speed 99 times out of 100 was simply unheard of on USPS.

It took skill and practice. I know this because of how few people could actually do it in raids and put out true high end damage. Players running the exact same loadout and rotation could finish miles apart just because of speed and rotation errors.

I have yet to meet a person who struggles with weapon mastery.. Maybe that's good for the community of players who couldn't compete using pre36 clipping playstyles. But to say that a real clipping playstyle still exists is false. And to say WM is a better gauge of skill is also false.
    • Like x 1
  13. Lord Raiden Dedicated Player

Just remove the dovetails. That's what made everything slow, especially for combo powers, HL in particular.
    • Like x 1
  14. Solmes202 Loyal Player

Clipping took no more skill than WM. I clipped all the time, there was NO special skill required for it. It is just that many players did not use clipping because they thought it was difficult or didn't like the idea. MANY DPS who DID clip are just expressing sour grapes because the DEVS came up with a way to put everyone on a level playing field.
    • Like x 4
  15. Forced Penance New Player

Play your support role if DPS has become too easy
    • Like x 1
  16. Aqua Surge Loyal Player

I could and only powerset I could not keep up with was CL until it's precision combo was nerf. You are clearly a FOTM player for not knowing the previous era correctly.

The power issues was a direct cause of PD which why it gotten the nerf hammer. It didn't make you better, it only made you a power hogger.
    • Like x 2
  17. Splinter Cell Dedicated Player

Personally, I <3 the Gadgets AM and even embrace it along with WM in my rotations. Jump cancelling, and fire hosing everything does not a skilled player make. Clipping was dull and it really only benefited select powers. There was no balance in it. That said, as Gale mentioned in the first page, the horse is non-existent now. Dead, gone, live with it.
    • Like x 6
  18. DCUController New Player

I personally think they should of done how their doing the AM and WM ordeals, like you can benefit from both WM and AM you have to pick 1 or the other.

thats really all they had to do with JC, not rid it of the game all together as they did and make ppl who used it including myself, dislike WM.

but as someone here said adapt or leave. which those who hated WM that much left those who didnt care 1 way or another are still here as am I. :p
  19. DCUController New Player

idk about you but as a troll player myself, on USPS, trollers are the most needed role in all content, with in the friends I play with, Im always getting asked to run stuff as Im usually the higher geared trolled/most experienced troll.

so trolls are in every group basically, its more healers or tanks getting alienated nowadays.
    • Like x 3
  20. drzdonn Well-Known Player

I do not truly mind either way but, (food for thought):

I do have a fire DPS friend who, pre 36, went hardlight for about a month, after the first day as the power he had learned to jc well enough that when we ran Nexus with a HL player/friend of ours who had been that power since launch and had established himself as the best DPS in that league, their damage out by the end of the run was nearly identical. The difference was less then 10k.

Take it as you will. FYI, he went back to fire, and the HL player is now rage.