How In Parallax's Name Do You Get Sinestro's Gloves Exactly?

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by LoneLantern, Sep 17, 2014.

1. LoneLantern New Player

Hey again everyone. I'm not sure if this is the correct place to ask this, but a lot of people who have replied to previous posts of mine before don't seem to steer me wrong, so I might as well give it a shot. I got a question about a certain pair of gloves - Sinestro's Banded Gloves.

I just recently completed the Sinestro Story Mission where I beat the crap out of John Stewart (Sorry John Stewart fans! He's still cool!), and received the Sniper Signet from him. I also read not that long ago that his loot does not contain the Sinestro Gloves - unlike how heroes have it when they face Sinestro. Since my main character/the character that went through the Sinestro Mission is a Yellow Lantern - a damn proud one at that - I thought it only fair he'd have those gloves, and hopefully some day soon the Disciple of Parallax gear to complete the look, but I don't know how to get the gloves BESIDES FROM THE BROKER/AUCTIONEER AS A VILLAIN. ((Also, Premium membership is what I have, before anyone says "Just buy it, it's cheap." I'd need to get one of the "access escrow" items from the marketplace, although I personally wish I didn't have to, nor anyone else had to. *rant-mode off*))

Could someone help a Yellow Lantern out and tell me how it's obtained besides looking to see it up for sale? Thanks in advance. :)
    • Like x 1
  2. TH0R New Player

They drop from Metropolis City Hall boss duo or normal mission, it doesn't matter if you're Hero or Villain.
    • Like x 8
  3. Volkenraider Loyal Player

It drops in the Metropolis City Hall duo/solo for Heroes as far as I'm aware

You can either make a hero and try your luck there or as you mentioned the broker.

If you are on EUPS I'd gladly give you one but dunno which server you are on

EDIT: Comment above says it drops as a villain too so try it out then ^^
    • Like x 2
  4. Jafin 10000 Post Club

Pretty sure they only drop in the hero version of the Metropolis City Hall solo and duo. It doesn't make sense for them to drop from the villain version because you defeat John Stewart, not Sinestro.
    • Like x 1
  5. the swoosh New Player

you have to go to sinestro and dance for him
    • Like x 1
  6. GregDawe New Player

And do it without Fear
    • Like x 3
  7. LadyLightning Issue Tracker Volunteer

It drops for villain too. I did the duo with a league mate and we both got it.
  8. the swoosh New Player

and if you a bit unlucky he will slap you and keep his gloves :(
  9. Delta795 New Player

I don't know if they drop for villians as everything I see says they drop from Sinestro
    http://dcuniverseonline.wikia.com/wiki/Iconic_Equipment
    http://dcuniverseonline.wikia.com/wiki/Sinestro's_Banded_Gauntlets

If you are on USPS let me know and i can send you a pair
  10. Spacedude2 New Player

So you gotta knock the gloves off of Sinestro to get them? That's classic!
  11. X-zero Loyal Player

Pretty sure you can get them from villain side in the duo, but if you can't make a hero and level them up a little for a free way. If nothing else to be able to use both brokers.
  12. Gargamond Dedicated Player

The drop rate for these hands on hero side is actually really high. I would guess around 25% chance it drops on hero side. Not sure about villain side, because of feat sharing I don't really run duos on my villains.
    • Like x 1
  13. Echo Blue Committed Player

Hello Everybody,

Sinestro's gloves do drop for villiains in the Metropolis City Hall duo. I specifically had to grind that instance to get "bracers" for my Skeletor and Faker toons.

FYI: Faker is the evil purple version of He-man
  14. Dezaras Loyal Player

I'd just call him He-ish Man.
  15. MenToc Active Player

You can also get them from the weekly boxes from the same tier level.
  16. itsaywok New Player

They do drop from both "versions" of Metropolis City Hall for Villains.

Remember, in Joker's Funhouse you have a chance to get either Harley's or Robin's Iconic drop.
  17. the solowing Steadfast Player

they drop for villians as well jaffy, i get them all the time
  18. TH0R New Player

So many things in DCUO doesn't make sense but there they are... :D I'm sure that it drops in Villain side from John Stewart normal or duo mission
  19. Jafin 10000 Post Club

I feel like I've been lied to for almost four years. :O
  20. Perseus Chase Committed Player

I beat Senestro up so bad, that he give me his gloves.

joke aside, I get it from Metro City Hall. You can also buy it from the broker if you want it.