Solution to high CR players in low level instances

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Baku Panurple, Sep 14, 2014.

1. Baku Panurple New Player

Make Walk-in teleporters for every mission (challenge, duo, alert, etc.) (with the CR requirement currently in place to prevent low-level walk-ins from being squished accidentally or power leveled). This will allow a 108 to enter and attempt to gain the 1 piece for style feat and not ruin the game for those just starting (and crying about high levels leaving them behind). These could be placed in the Hall of Heroes or something like that. Just putting it out there...
    • Like x 17
  2. Volkenraider Loyal Player

Don't quote me on this but I believe that they have mentioned on doing something similar in the past, yeah would be neat.. It has been asked for quite some time
    • Like x 3
  3. LanternLove Well-Known Player

Why not make it so like for example; a player can't access any t1 content if he has any t5 or t6 gear equipped or in his inventory. That way high cr players can still play but they"d be forced to equip lower level gear to run the content so as not to be over geared.
  4. Volkenraider Loyal Player

Why? By default you eliminate the whole point of progression... Why should I carry t1 gear that takes up space and its useless after that 1 instance?
    • Like x 20
  5. Quantum Edge Steadfast Player

Why should I keep T1 equipment in my inventory to run a T4 mission that takes place in a T1 instance?
    • Like x 3
  6. VintageWine Dedicated Player

Why? Why should I waste my precious space in my inventory and my bank? :confused: No.

I agree that portals should be allowed for pretty much everything, it would suck if someone came up with the idea of not allowing high CRs in low instances because we need feats from there.

By the way, not every high CR is like that. :)
    • Like x 7
  7. Minnion Devoted Player

On top of that how about we also have a teliporter mod that lets us walk in from our own personal teliporter as well.
    • Like x 7
  8. Captain Neos Committed Player

The idea of level sync has been tossed around for this, your gear stats are capped at the maximum amount of available from gear of that tier. For example t1 gear and mods give a maximum of 500 precision so that would be the maximum registered FROM GEAR. Sp wise stats remain untouched. That way you do not need to lug around full inventories, you would still be op for the content but not to that large a gap for the people who are at level.
  9. Chungweishan New Player

The simplest methods would be:
    1. Not allowing high-CR players to queue with low-CR players.
    2. Allowing the option to Force Entry by yourself or partial teams into missions. Forget the teleporter goofiness. People are lazy, that's why they use the On Duty Tab and Queue in the first place.

I'm not against high-CR players doing whatever content they want. I have a problem with high-CR players interfering with the progression of new players.
    • Like x 2
  10. VintageWine Dedicated Player

A very simple way and not too complex is to just make teleporters. How hard can that be? lol.

Making high CRs not queue for low content stuff would make all of them rage because we need styles and feats from there, can we try keeping this on the 1st page please? These things tend to fall on deaf ears.
    • Like x 1
  11. ChuckLess New Player

Worst idea of the week...
    • Like x 7
  12. LordStrongsword New Player

Best solution to avoid the issue is to make your own group. Level syncs are ridiculous, seeing some feats are too challenging for some players at tier. Progression is part of the game, and to put an artificial limit on gear is out of line. People have been at the mercy of RNG since January 2011 and have not completed all of the low tier styles yet.
    • Like x 3
  13. VintageWine Dedicated Player

I'm actually quite tired of hearing that line "make your own group" for when we all know that making your own group isn't always going to be easy, heck, even when you do make your own group for somethings people still skip regardless.

Why should someone spend more time in LFG trying to form a group for Ace Chem, Star Labs and such for when that time they are spending trying to form a group they could have been in the content already trying to get it done. Once again making your own group isn't always going to be the answer, try again. ;)
    • Like x 2
  14. Red Death34 New Player

I formed a raid group in 5 min today. Forming a group is easy. Its not difficult. I myself need feats from lower tier raids and alerts. And from what i have seen, lower tier players like when higher tier players help them. They get feats they would not normally get at their level.
    • Like x 3
  15. Sir Arcanium New Player

I can't believe people keep talking about this. You spend maybe a month at worst in tier 1-4. Maybe a little longer if you don't play enough to get the raids and a few alerts done in a week. Why draw up a whole new system just to cater to that small window of players? And no new system is going to make every one happy.

No one wants to be nerfed when going back into Oolong or such to get that one piece of gear that you still need. Like others have said what is the point of progressing threw the game if nothing ever gets better? Every instance might as well be an iconic legends mission then.

Separating the player que's is another horrible idea. You say you have trouble forming a group to get into Ace chem now, try waiting an hour for the que to pop because you want nothing but on level people. Never mind if you force the role specific option. Most true T1 players barely know what their role is, let alone how to do it. I understand higher gear players can rob a lot of the fun the old content used to have. But I highly doubt you want to be stuck failing missions like we used to back in the day.

Teleporter's into every instance would sort of have the same problem. Higher geared players would be fine, but lower content que's would be all but dead if threads like this are the responses higher geared players get towards helping others. Even if they do rush threw the instance. I will say I always thought it was funny that some content had walk ins, and some didn't. There didn't seem to be a lot of reason to it either. I mean you could walk into some Duo's, like with Trigon for no reason that I can really think of.

Like other people have said to, the menu is convenient. In 99% of cases n one wants to run around the watch tower, Gotham wastelands etc to find the portal into an instance if their running it every day for feats.
    • Like x 1
  16. ShadowCyborg92 Loyal Player

True but this will not always be the case. It is true that making groups is not easy.I was LFGing for an hr and got nothin for t5 or t6 raids/alerts. Another good reason to have a walk in for everything.
    • Like x 1
  17. Schimaera Devoted Player

I'd rather have an instance generator mod for my base teleporter. Something like "On-Duty Instances"-Teleporter Mod so I can teleport into the instance from my lair. Everyone who has the teleporter mod can use any base teleporter he has access to to do so as well. If they are grouped with me, they'll join the same instance.

The Name "on duty teleporter mod" should clarify it for newer players that these are instances you can access from On Duty. So if they look there they'll know exactly for what group size the content is originally made for and how high the CR requirement is.
    Besides, new players won't get their hands on a base teleporter too soon.
    • Like x 5
  18. Luckyme92781 Well-Known Player

I love the idea about having a teleporter mod for this.
    • Like x 2
  19. Gargamond Dedicated Player

Anyone who wants a challenge in tier 1 instances should join a league to do it, not force their ideals on others. I personally have been kicked twice in the last 2 days for being OP for content, and it's really annoying in a random queue. If I were to build a group for the same raids, it would take hours in LFG because no one in LFG is looking for these instances anymore. The only shot you have of getting in to tier 2 raids anymore is by random queue.
    • Like x 2
  20. oasenhoheit Loyal Player

I opened THIS request a long while ago to wish for a walk- or queue-in with smaller groups.
    I was told, that either on SOE live or one of the live-streams it was mentioned, that the 4th Slot for a teleporter-mod was supposed for a Feature like that, which sounds very promising to me. :)

What I DON'T want to happen:
    • completely lock out high-CR-Players from low content
    • forcing high-CR-Players to wear low gear
    • Tuning down high-CR-Players in low content
    • buffing low-CR-content if done by high-CR-players (I start to smash through the Turf-missions with my alts now for the feats and styles only and love how easy they are now in T6-gear, while they were a huge )
    • Like x 5