Shield Broken Please Fix

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Akroma, Sep 5, 2014.

1. Akroma New Player

Shield the magnum shot portion of the shield was accidentally nerfed. it only does half as much damage as it used to please fix this. it was the longest combo in the game and was far from over powered but it has had its max damage reduced. please fix this. i love using the shield on my precision build but now it's almost pointless since the range will now start to fall behind other weapons.
    • Like x 3
  2. spack2k Steadfast Player

i think all wm got "acidentally" nerfed, it happened on my weapon aswell, a handblaster.
  3. Spacedude2 New Player

I'm a shield user, are you saying the third range throw doesn't do the damage it did before?
  4. Koolandria New Player

Do you think they could accidentally nerf a weapon. It would be very unlikely that a portion of dmg on a specific move would take a hit and not others. However they just wanted your replays and time for the newer raids. there laughing in the backround like this
    "Well just wait till they get higher stats and then bring them back down to the previous tier make them think they got stronger"
    Best idea revenue iv ever seen 1st money of replays with no chance of gear then change values of Dps so you thinks its you and buy respec tokens and add a new am to gadgets to get more respec.
    That move was brilliant
    • Like x 1
  5. Akroma New Player

i havent noticed anything with hb. i can still get 15k-18k crits fully buffed with explosive shot.
  6. Koolandria New Player

with what power rage i was hitting 26000
    • Like x 1
  7. Amneyosis New Player

They nerfed most weapon masteries some more then others, tbh this was in poor taste and a terrible fix for balance....
    • Like x 1
  8. Koolandria New Player

Yea without notice is crazy evertime you get strong they f it up. I mean really been hitting the same since AF1 it seems
  9. WalterlightOmega Committed Player

i noticed the brawling wm combo where he stomps on the ground takes a while to animate
    • Like x 1
  10. Koolandria New Player

They picked the perfect time to nerf everything with shady stuff like that they deserve there fan base jumping on destiny
    • Like x 1
  11. Jcal Dedicated Player

• Like x 2
  12. Sabigya Steadfast Player

It has one of the highest damage out of range WM. Think the only thing currently beating is 1H pulse beam mastery.
  13. D4rkwond3r New Player

THERE has been 50% damage reduction in SHIELD WM to Magnum Shot. Is it Ninja Nerf or intended? Well i opened a topic as well and the answer was to lock the discussion. One Hand has been nerfed too. At the moment the only VIABLE weapons for DPS are HB and DW nerf those two also please.... and we will all bite the dust. I hope we get an official REPLY and a fix asap if it was intended.
    • Like x 2
  14. Akroma New Player

if this was done purposely the devs need to respond
    • Like x 2
  15. Radiohead New Player

they did respond on fnl. It will be fixed in next gu or maybe hotfix
  16. Akroma New Player

oh ill have to re watch that. if its next gu then thats a month where you are gimped if you are using it.
  17. Radiohead New Player

yeah apparently it's shield and 1H that are broken atm. Sucks bc those are the only 2 weapons i have on hero lol. Back to HB until the fix i guess =/
  18. FEARtheSPUR Well-Known Player

they where talking about innates in those weapon tree. nothing about the damage nerf.
    • Like x 3
  19. Jcal Dedicated Player

That comment was actually concerning a bug with the crit attack damage innates located in the fifth row of the Shield and One Handed weapon trees. Forum user Shiny Mackerel reported this quite some time ago.

The damage nerf was not addressed and I was really hoping Tunso would've explained some of these ninja changes that have been going on.
    • Like x 2
  20. DarkThorn Dedicated Player

https://forums.station.sony.com/dcuo/index.php?threads/weapons-ninja-nerfed.220331/#post-2806251

Apparently there have been some animation compression changes taking place. Also, the discussions taking place in that thread which was also about Shield's damage reduction, Shield's Magnum Round Mastery was the only combo reduced and is now 70% of what it was prior to GU40. There have been no other reports of actual damage loss across the board on other weapons- at least none reported with actual data to support it. I think those of us who have been on the forums a long time know that if there was a noticeable, across the board reduction to weapon damage, these threads would be lit up with pages and pages of complaints... yet, we're not seeing that kind of reaction, other than in regards to Shield.

If anyone wants to see weapon comparisons, check out shiny mackerel's guide... https://forums.station.sony.com/dcu...eapons-in-dcuo-weapon-mastery-edition.210326/
    • Like x 1