What does the Server Status on the DCUO website refer to?

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by HiggletyPigglety, Sep 2, 2014.

1. HiggletyPigglety New Player

Has anyone else noticed the server status window on the main DCUO website doesn't actually show the true status of the game servers? I'm talking about the server status section on the website, halfway down the page on the right:

https://www.dcuniverseonline.com/home

Currently the game is down for GU40. But it still says all servers are up, and ~70% full - except for EUPC.

So what does little section on their main website refer to? And why can't it be more useful? Why do I have to go to the forums or twitter to see what the game status is?

Does this bother anyone else, or is it just me?
    • Like x 2
  2. Im Charlie New Player

its just to attract new people. like the 18 million players registered article.
    • Like x 1
  3. spack2k Steadfast Player

haha good point
    • Like x 1
  4. SethZoulMonEl 10000 Post Club

This was brought up in another thread. Mepps claimed there was "a bit of a delay" in how the information is displayed. A four hour delay is quite a bit.
    • Like x 2
  5. Gargamond Dedicated Player

I think that means the servers are switched on and the activity gauges show the fraction of full capacity. I'm personally accessing SOE servers ATM to download GU40, so the gauges should at least show that type of activity.
    • Like x 2
  6. HiggletyPigglety New Player

I wondered...

Thanks for the link. I tried to find a thread on the topic before posting, but didn't have any luck.

Yeah, I have it downloaded and installing now, too. Maybe that is the activity....
    • Like x 1
  7. SethZoulMonEl 10000 Post Club

They locked it anyway. Guess they don't like us bringing back 3 month old threads that are still pertinent, but it's okay to bring back threads that are over a year old and also pertinent.
  8. HiggletyPigglety New Player

LOL I did see those ones before.
  9. Inpent New Player

THERE IS ALWAYS A DELAY!!!
  10. Ivar New Player

Heh, yeah. I wondered about that one too.
    Guess that thing is pretty much useless.

Also the patch is already up? OZOM, 1.16GBo_O download started.