SOE Live 2014 PVP Season 3 and Beyond Panel

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Trexlight, Aug 29, 2014.

1. JoshuaBagwell Committed Player

cant wait to see the new powers discussion panel and want to find out more on the new dlc structure wonder what each dlc will bring to help me decide if I want to just buy the dlc or resub
  2. Little Sister New Player

There was a new powers panel ?
  3. Trexlight Devoted Player

Hey everyone, here is the link to the video wit hthe FIXED audio. Again, my apologies about the error. Enjoy.

• Like x 3
  4. Trexlight Devoted Player

No there wasnt, all the info they gave was in the Keynote address and in the Q&A I did with Spytle and Pez
    • Like x 1
  5. Little Sister New Player

Thanks, yea I didn't think so.
  6. Kid Sorbet New Player

Any word on Safehouse Rescue at the panel?
  7. Little Sister New Player

Yea if you look up BumblingB's posts, he talked about it yesterday. The devs explained what was wrong with it and I guess it's coming back very soon.
    • Like x 2
  8. tukuan Devoted Player

Given the popularity of Legends largely due to it being a more equal playing field, I gotta disagree. Personally I think we'll see a solid revitalization followed by the usual decrease as people complete sets and move back to PVE or onto other games.

That said even if this falls flat there's always season 4 so I would suggest that perhaps you are should quantify this as a comic book death and not a real-world death.
  9. tukuan Devoted Player

From: https://forums.station.sony.com/dcu...laughs-100th-topic.219494/page-2#post-2791461

• Like x 2
  10. ChaosInternational New Player

I'm just glad to hear they are not opposed to bringing certain things back into play such as PvE trinkets and whatever else they are removing, down the road. Everyone enjoyed the CC trinket.

Unless I missed it, will trolls and tanks still have a 100% dom buff? Tanks abilities are going drastically different if their defensive capacity is no longer based on dom+restoration. Trolls shields work the same way, will they still post update?
  11. Sore Steadfast Player

It'll be interesting to see it in action. Is love to see Arenas back on FNL.
    • Like x 1
  12. ChaosInternational New Player

If other mmo's had the exact same population, a percentage might be a viable comparison. Just for easy math, DCUO has 1000 players, 23% is 230 players. Other mmo's with 5000 but only 10% actively playing PvP would still more than double the amount of PvP players of DCUO at 500.

It's a disingenuous figure at the very least.
  13. Solutha New Player

I haven't had a chance to watch it yet and I may be wrong here but Dps will still get their initial % modifier from powers. Right? This should give them that small edge to stay in dps role. If that is not the case anymore then going DPS in PVP may not be viable anymore. Time will tell.
  14. Stitch Well-Known Player

How does 23% equate to extremely popular?
  15. Eminence Dedicated Player

Thats a huge number, compared to other MMOs.
  16. Greenman_x Steadfast Player

I do arenas for a few weeks at a time every year, then they just lose their luster. These changes seem like they're going in the direction I want them to.

No PVE in PVP is great. I just hope they remove WM.
  17. Eminence Dedicated Player

I think its a straight 35% across all powers in dps stance, from what I read.

There will still be a need for dps, all support roles are losing a little support. Healers getting reduced healing, trolls not gaining additional vit for being in troll stance and tanks losing the power to debuff the trolls. Dps are losing out on some modifier %, but they will still hit 35% harder than everyone on the team, now without a confidence buff(rps).

What their goal is to have groups less dependent on certain support roles and group setups(group composition). Which I am all for, but I will have to wait and see what its like when the update comes out.
  18. Eminence Dedicated Player

I dont think that'll happen. Personally, I dont see a problem with WM and I pvp daily. I haven't really even seen anyone post a good reason to why they should take it out.
    • Like x 1
  19. Greenman_x Steadfast Player

I dont like it because it's too lethal, especially for someone who has any idea of how to play. Just solo q'ing up for arenas for the past week or so, I've just been able to kite around and murder people's faces off in the background while they fight with the people directly in front of them. Sure, every few matches you'll run into the guy that catches on and watches for it, but for the most part its easily exploitable.

Now is it as much of a problem for the guys who are running in arenas daily, probably not, but for a newer player just stepping foot in arenas it's enough to make you not want to go back in ever again.
  20. Zezimar Committed Player

If they nerf the "Haymaker" ( handblaster melee wm combo) & the pulse beam from 1handed wm combo, I'll be fine with WM for pvp.
    But until then, I'll still say that WM should be removed or reviewed for the PvP side.