Physical Powerset (Drug Inspired) I wish it was not.

Discussion in 'War Room (Powers, Artifacts, & Builds)' started by KiaserX, Aug 23, 2014.

1. JdGriM New Player

I'm giving you a hard time :)
  2. La Shark Dedicated Player

I wonder what the route of administration is going to be?
  3. Seth Grey New Player

The word they used was 'serum'. Think of the possibilities. Turn into a Bat like Langstorm, stretch out like Elongated man, may be become a bigger or chunkier version of yourself using Bane's venom. I've been thinking about this since I rewatched the Key Notes last night. Sounds interesting.
    • Like x 3
  4. MoreAwesomeMechanic New Player

So should people with anger management issue that go to support meetings not watch the Avengers or read Hulk comics? Should we remove Sorcery powers from the game so not to expose religious folk to magic? Bottom line is you can't ask for the removal of a power because it might spark something in someone's past to resurface. I doubt there will be anything regarding "addiction" in the power and most likely half of the power won't even deal with injections because they did say they were working on grappling and tackling tech which has nothing to do with drugs or serums.
    • Like x 1
  5. Toxiic Committed Player

Honestly, I'm just mad we get this but not water. :mad::(
    • Like x 2
  6. Badname4445 New Player

As I wrote in the last thread with this title..... Is this a joke?????? IT'S A VIDEO GAME DRUGS ARE NOT EVEN CLOSE TO THE WORST THING IN
    IT. It is parents jobs to teach their children the differences in right and wrong and to of course DONT DO DRUGS. It is not the fault of a fictional world if they do drugs. You sound like one of those idiots "my child shot someone because of call of duty" no your kid shot someone because you sucked as a parent. Call the power heroin for all I care.
    • Like x 2
  7. Badname4445 New Player

And just an FYI spytle already commented on the last thread with this title.
  8. Spacedude2 New Player

Actually the serum could be thought of as an allergic reaction to a vaccine. I've had the Anthrax vaccine, and let me tell you, it wasn't fun getting it. Another could be the side effect of Kryptonian Chemotherapy.
  9. BerzerkerUnit New Player

I explicitly and enthusiastically lack respect for the opinion voiced by the OP (though I did raise my right hand and defend his right to voice it).

Morphine and a variety of other soporiphics as well as a host of prescription drugs make it possible for millions to function like normal humans despite fibromyalgia and a hundred other diseases that cripple people with pain or unmanageable anxiety. These "serums" make it possible for them to operate like a "super" version of their normally dysfunctional selves.

Soldier's disease (morphine addiction) was a thing, but that wasn't a misuse of the drug, it was a coping mechanism for PTSD which wasn't recognized for quite some time.

People with addiction problems are not the norm, they are a dysfunctional minority, and I will not remain silent as the vast majority are told they must make yet another sacrifice of artistic freedom out of sensitivity to the needs of that few. Own your failings and faults, accept them and you'll be able to readily identify when the line of good taste has been crossed at your expense.

I sincerely doubt the devs planned for "experimental serums" to involve anyone smoking a crack pipe or stopping to shoot up in a dirty bathroom stall. I'm guessing their will be some kind of wrist band thing that manages flows and various glows along with ground pounds and the Clownsanity grab and spin. See the difference? I've illustrated the divide while the OP would have us throw out the whole thing.

Hourman rules (pre and post addiction).
    • Like x 3
  10. STAR REACHER Level 30

the name ad description of the power shouldn't be taken seriously yet, and that is for a couple of reasons

1) is still in development, early development, so it's name and description are not final and can be changed
    2) is the last power that we will get out of the 3 they announced, even munitions the very first one that will come out of them is still open to change.

there is no point worrying about this just yet, we barely know anything about them and yet people speculate about the powers and come up with problems that don't even exist
    • Like x 1
  11. Amanda Bailey Devoted Player

Lol!! Do you have to be such a Joy Killer? xD :rolleyes: :p
    • Like x 1
  12. Chuccles New Player

its a game. as in fictional chill the eff out. you dont even have to get the power if you dont want to.
  13. KiaserX Level 30

I waited a few days before posting again in this thread. I do not take back what I said about this particular powerset. We all have 'demons' we face on a regular basis. I am not the type to give too many hoots to the banning of games like Grand Theft Auto. I played it, and did quite a few side missions and killed streetwalkers after they left my car. I am not hypocritical, I just said that I do not think enhancing abilities with drugs is a great idea. I still like the idea of a physical powerset. Can you achieve that with other things like the exobytes? Of course you can. Yes, Captain America has a serum and he is one of the very few that has it. Not every Tom and Harry has that serum.

Now, I will branch out a little bit here by quoting Two-Face, "Bane is addicted to Venom. Now it appears he is addicted to the tampered version. If drugs weren't illegal, I would sympathize more, especially if he weren't working for the Penguin."

We already have the buff colas, with the additional stat increases. We have Neo-Venom in the Iconics tree, I still say there is no need for a drug endused powerset.

For those who think I am being a wuss about the game and find that I should find something else to do on my sparetime, I am, it is called playing DCUO. I could go in my neighborhood and sell drugs, like some of my neighbors do, but that tends to be a bad thing.

I look at storylines too, the Brainiac Exobyte invasion was not from our doing. They touch a person and bestow upon them abilities and changes in their appearance. The various Lantern Corps have given rings that give abilities on a limited basis to the wearer. We fought through to destroy Venom suppliers like Diego, but now are going to say heroes and villians can now take a drug to be super? Why have that Bane story arc in the game?

I believe the developers will be tasteful in how they handle the physical powerset, I just believe that certain decisions should be weighed carefully when dealing with grey areas of super heroics or treachery.
  14. Bendmetal Dedicated Player

omg, just think of a super soldier serum when we associate with this powerset
  15. MinuteMaster Well-Known Player

It's not like DCUO's intent was to promote drugs or anything.
  16. Thunderstrikke Well-Known Player

I don't consider myself uptight by any means, but my first thought when I heard of the serums power set based on Bane was " hmmm.. Kinda surprised they would makes a power based on using drugs. " I mean, dc is a big company with a reputation to take care of. I don't find it offensive personally and could care less, but it does strike me as an odd choice and perhaps poor judgement.
  17. ??? Well-Known Player

#1) The concept clearly is: "Experimental Serums", and this is a comic related game.
    #2) The one thinking and making it about drugs is you.:rolleyes:
    • Like x 2