Controllers are NOT only power output!

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Scarecrow4479, Aug 29, 2014.

1. Scarecrow4479 Well-Known Player

This slight bit of rage is directed toward the heroes that I've worked with in Raids.
    I have my character made to have one PoT technique as well as an ability to lower defense and DPS of the enemy. Of course, all they look at is the power output in the battle so votes become initiated to boot me before we even finish or I'm even talked to.
    I'm getting tired of people assuming that Power output is all controllers are good for and booting people due to them not meeting their specifications.
    • Like x 1
  2. ARI ATARI New Player

nope its not all they do.
    but its still required of them.
    if the group doesnt have power its the controllers fault

when im controlling i put out power, end of story
    • Like x 5
  3. Red McCarthyism New Player

As a troll primary, I agree you aren't just a battery.

However, that's your primary function. If you are getting booted from multiple groups, maybe you should examine your rotation.

I use wm and use powers to rack up damage and debuff, but at the end of each one I clip a power dump or pot. I can pretty much do my own thing and keep the group powered at the same time.
    • Like x 3
  4. Little Sister New Player

We are batteries. Get used to it.
    • Like x 5
  5. Regora New Player

True that.
  6. Tre Day New Player

I REFUSE!!

:p

But seriously, I put out power AND debuff, so as long as we get through the content intact, it's all biscuits and gravy (or substitute whatever breakfast makes you happy :p ).

If someone is solo-controlling though (by choice, mind you), yeah, you hardly get any sympathy from me. It's your grave you're digging. :p
    • Like x 5
  7. Im Charlie New Player

If you don't have power to do both, then you are under geared. the second troll should be close to half the power out of the primary troll.

if you are 93+ geared trolling a t6 raid and can't give out sufficient power, its either you're rotation, weapon combo, or lack of understanding when and what to do.
  8. Tom Sawyer New Player

Ummm..........no. Speak for yourself.
    • Like x 4
  9. undrline Issue Tracker Volunteer

PoT move
    Power Dump
    Power SC
    Defensive Debuff
    Healing Debuff or Damage Debuff or big CC move (swap situational)
    Personal shield for picking people up (not because it's your job, but your high dom will allow you not to be interrupted)

ta da! should be every troll's loadout.

First three are power output, the majority of the job. PoT and Debuff moves double as Crowd Control.
    • Like x 2
  10. Gotcha Girl Well-Known Player

This thread again...
    • Like x 2
  11. TheHeartbreakkid New Player

Only the bad trolls admit they can only battery. The good ones admit the game refuses they can do anything more and accept the fact and truck on. :)
    • Like x 5
  12. Greenman_x Steadfast Player

We're only useful as batteries.

We interfere with the duties of a Tank too much to do anything Crowd control wise, and our debuffs are severely underutilized to the point where 2 are completely unnecessary and the other is there for slightly more burn.

Until something changes we ARE only useful for power output.
    • Like x 3
  13. FEARtheSPUR Well-Known Player

Hate to break it to you but yes you are only a battery in pve. Only debuff you need is defense in 99.9% of pve.
    If you are not using a power dump move... I would kick you too.

Heal and attack debuff are not needed in pve. Maybe you should try out pvp.
  14. rival exe New Player

Maybe they don't even need to look at the leader boards. Maybe they can see that their blue bars are empty half the time while yours is full.
    • Like x 3
  15. undrline Issue Tracker Volunteer

When I tank, I appreciate when the troll can grab what I miss, what's too far away, and what I can't come out of block to grab. CC'ing what's already under control is not controlling, it's chaos. Encasements that roll away and panic that breaks up a gathered group are not the best choices for debuffs.
    • Like x 3
  16. undrline Issue Tracker Volunteer

So long as they're looking at the healer and tank bars, too.
    • Like x 1
  17. rival exe New Player

[IMG]
    • Like x 3
  18. oODarkMatterOo New Player

I started 2 dps lately and I have come across some bad trollers, from not keeping that pot up to worrying about doing damage instead of giving out power, or when the group power bar is below half yet the troller is at max doing ww combos, as i play mainly as a troller I always look at the blue bars and if everyones close to full then I do some cc in between wm clippin w/instant power to many trollers have gear but no sp no white mods or wrong colored mods(red in blue socket drives me crazy)
  19. Little Sister New Player

20. rival exe New Player

They who? I didn't really specify which role I was talking about. My statement goes for anyone of any role. If I'm in a group on my tank/healer and I'm not getting power I say something. If I'm on my DPS I tell the troll to switch to DPS and let me take over. :cool: