Unnatuned Loot A SHAM

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Lando, Aug 19, 2014.

1. Lando Level 30

so pretty sure everyone got excited about unnatuned loot.... what Soe neglected to mention was now theres like a 2% chance of getting ANY loot.... I Ran all new content apart from Lockdown in the last 13Hrs and got 1 piece of loot I already had.... Wtf soe?? just a way to troll us??? at least TD and duos had higher chance of dropping loot new DLC chance is way too low imo...
    • Like x 1
  2. Little Sister New Player

So run Lockdown.
    • Like x 4
  3. ShadowCyborg92 Loyal Player

they did mention it. u just didnt look
    • Like x 8
  4. TheViolator New Player

That's some bad luck man, and that's all it is. I ran Artifact 3 days ago and got 4 pieces of gear. You just were unlucky.
    • Like x 2
  5. Jafin 10000 Post Club

So the numerous times they told us that loot drops would be very rare means they neglected to mention that the loot drops would be very rare? We were told way before DLC 11 dropped how rare the gear would be.

TD and duos had a higher chance of gear drops because the gear they dropped had lower stats than the vendor gear. The gear that drops in the new raids has higher stats than the vendor gear which is why it is rare. The DLC 11 alerts drop plenty of gear, so much so that I have almost a full set of 93 for my off role yet the only three pieces of 94 gear I have had drop have been a face, necklace and trinket.
    • Like x 6
  6. KHALONofOGUN 10000 Post Club

I've had days were all of my T6 capable toons get nothing but loot...other days I get lucky and get decent pieces. It's the luck of the draw. By keeping the loot drop chance small, we won't out pace the content so early (unless you go H.A.M. on the replays, in which case, that's all on you). The loot drop is for the chase besides marks. It's not meant to be 100% must have guarantee (that's why the 94 Drop gear style is available in the Rare Style Vendor). Just keep playing and hope you get lucky...:)
    • Like x 2
  7. Gargamond Dedicated Player

I'm pretty sure your chance of getting gear is around 15%, which is pretty high considering there are two alerts which reset daily. What you have experienced today, my friend, is what oldschool Dungeonmasters like me call a "statistical anomaly".
    • Like x 3
  8. LowFlyingMoon Loyal Player

"All new content (except Lockdown)"? Wooooow! You mean you ran 2 raids and 2 alerts and you haven't been given a full set of 94 gear? Oh, my - you better submit a ticket. Maybe even contact your lawyer... Just so you know - it's perfectly possible to reset raids 5-10 times and get nothing of any use. Rare and random is... err... rare and random.

Now, did you get marks? Well, then - go and buy yourself some lv94 gear, instead of complaining, like a spoiled brat. It will hold you over until your luck improves.
    • Like x 3
  9. Teldon New Player

• Like x 3
  10. Breakforce Loyal Player

Did you really just expect them to give you all the gear immediately?
    • Like x 2
  11. Lightws Dedicated Player

You asked for drops that will drop in any role.

So for business it makes more sense to make the drops harder to get.

Complain more please they obviously can't help you anymore then this.
    • Like x 2
  12. Aqua Surge Loyal Player

I did lockdown about 16 times and still no neck, got the chest only once and my healer role doesn't even have the chest. I got marks about 11 times and the face about 3 times.
  13. Ice Lantern New Player

I've been very unlucky and it has been very frustrating. I had no problems with how they did Vestments and knew right away that this new loot system would not be a good tradeoff, especially for those who play both roles.
  14. Chilog Well-Known Player

I've gotten full 93 gear with three pieces of 94 gear. All gear was unattuned except for two pieces of the 94 gear (I got imperial insect armor from artifacts). That's just for my healer gear. I got another five pieces of 93 gear for DPS role. This loot system is working great for me, but I understand if I was in the position of not getting gear as often I would be upset too.
  15. Schimaera Devoted Player

I ran Prime Battleground for over two years and still no helmet. Loot table is definately off.
    I ran A&B only a few times since I skipped WotL1 when I took a break for half a year but STILL no rings! This is totally unfair and SOE is definately trolling me!
    About the Necklace though...well thats another story ;)

You pay your money and you take your chances.
  16. ChibiMechaX78 New Player

I really dont care what any of you say. I really dont like running instances that are not only headaches to begin with but also getting nothing for my efforts is basically deterring me from even wanting to play the new content. Its not fun not being rewarded.

I run ps4 so Intergang isnt always a headache to run for me but poor ppl have ps3s so therefore i have to constantly be patient and wait for them. When they lag they occasionally die. I go with the flow so i just wait.

Breach has bosses with large health pools, im really patient and i want the loot so i pull through every time. Only a lot of the time i run breach i get nothing but trash, base items... And weapon drops galore... When ive got preferred weapon. Hardly any gear let alone extra marks for my trouble because for some reason ive literally gotten just 1 mark of fury and 1 symbol twice the same alert back by back in two days.

I run the raids, not so bad, fun actually.

Necro is fun to do but ive still gotten no gear the even when i ran it twice and i used replay badges.

Artifacts, fun raid, last boss just takes awhile. I pull through for the loot.

Lockdown, ive beaten it only once because most groups i do it with have poor coordination. Plus i got trash for my trouble after beating it the one time. A base item... A freaking base item.

My luck is bad, i get that, however the thing that pulls me through the long battles, the waiting to invite ppl who dced or have to leave cuz the fights last too long, is the loot and the fun that comes with it.

Sometimes its fun and sometimes its not depending of the ppl are fun to be with but when its not fun and get ANOTHER base item or weapon drop it really puts a damper on me even wanting to run these instances. My patience isnt being rewarded even more im insulted for even getting base items as boss drops, let alone trash and not getting extra marks.

You can say what you want but after so many times of running the new instances and not getting anything out of it most of the time Im thinking about quitting after so many tries.

Up until now ive been one helluva patient man. I would literally try for 2-4 hours just to get my loot and marks. I would stay to the bitter end. I would keep trying and trying with the group i had like a real go getting trooper. Quitting is something that leaves a bad taste in my mouth so i dont do it but getting my time hopes up for loot and being denied even extra marks or getting a base item really hurts my enjoyment of the game it saddens me.

It would be fine if i kept getting weapon drops or gear that i dont even need because at least next time ill get something and if not i get extra marks. Not anymore. My patience has held out this long due to the fact there is a chance that i will get loot next boss so keep going. The CHANCE of getting loot at all kept me going but after the chances being so slim i really dont see much point. Its like the instance itself is lockbox and i was hoping for an aura but we all know how rare those are so you never expect an aura because it will just be a base item more often than not. That comparison between instances being like lockboxes now is just a comparison to how it feels to me not a literal one.

... But knowing myself ill keep running the instances but it wont be as enjoyable.

Sorry for my long rant. Im not one of those people who comes to the forums to complain about everything. I usually suggest ideas.
    Its just this one part of the game that stinks for me.

If a person tells me "are you expecting handouts? They arent going to give it to you for free. They dont want people to gear up quickly."

I dont want a handout, i just want the game to be fun and part of the fun was the loot for your trouble. They dont want people to gear up too quickly but there is a difference between gearing up slowly and not getting geared up at all.

If i have one idea that i may suggest is that the best gear we can get should be bought with marks. So that way even one mark feels like progress. The best gear being dropped is just a gamble... Im not a gambling person.

Sure progressing through gear drops vs grinding currency to buy gear gives a different feeling while progressing. On one hand if you finally get that gear dropped it gives a sweet feeling.

Through the grinding you constantly progressing but you are missing out on that sweet feeling.

Having both at the same time was great when it happened.

Whenever you level up you need better gear so the random boss drops giving you gear was sweet but you also got marks that went towards the better gear but at least in the meantime you got something sweet and you will eventually get the better gear one mark at a time. This is something that happened during when amazon fury was the highest end game content and i believe that was a better design than it is now.

Again sorry for my long post. If you read this far you nearly have as much patience as i do.
    • Like x 1
  17. TroEL Dedicated Player

[IMG]
    • Like x 2
  18. Crimson Jonni New Player

Sweet merciful buddah, 16 times :eek: i've only ran it like once cause i always miss out when everyone runs lol
  19. Perseus Chase Committed Player

i got 5-6 gears drop from 8 raids....so I dont know...maybe just my luck. :oops:
  20. Gucciana Committed Player

cant always get what ya want
    • Like x 2