Character Voices In Character Creation

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Arcaver, Aug 19, 2014.

1. Arcaver Well-Known Player

It seems like everyone has most of the players muted in raids and alerts, cutting off communication with the group. While this does cut out the annoyance of listening to people's music, babies crying, dogs barking, and people yelling in the background, it also cuts out any attempt to communicate during combat. I'd like to suggest allowing players to pick a voice that will announce things during an Alert/Raid/Duo. Something that would just announce something that has to do with your role. If you are a healer and someone is getting low on health, the player would hear their character say something like, "Feeling weak. Must...hold...on" or something along those lines. The player themselves would have the option to opt out of hearing the voice. Myself, I love playing as Bizzaro because he his hilarious to hear. I love hearing him say, "HELLO!" when he knocks someone out.

Thoughts...well constructive thoughts?
    • Like x 1
  2. IdontDps Committed Player

Nah if your squishy i tell the healer let them die its funny that way
  3. Arcaver Well-Known Player

It's not just for the healers though. It would be for Trollers, Tanks, and even DPS as well.
  4. IdontDps Committed Player

listen i like watching my fellow heros die n beg me for help we dont need signs to help keep people alive
  5. Raijin1999 Loyal Player

Audibles? +1, i've suggested them several times before, though when suggesting them it was as part of a UI update that fixed the arrangement and speed of accessing the quicklinks canned chat options. Audibles would be paired with phrases so your character would speak the phrases as selected.

I wanted to see it work through a radial system, which imo, is always the fastest for communication outside of a mic. I used the example of Metal Gear Online, which had the whole voice selection/radial UI interface with audibles, and people loved it. But then again, Kojima's team added their own quirky side to it as well, like having options to make your characters sing the victory theme song after a match. Again, people loved it.

Who the hell knows what the status of DCUO's UI update is now though. Think it was scrapped entirely, tbh.
    Damn you, Kojima, and you're damned unbeatable P.T. demo...