Legends PvE?

Discussion in 'Battle of the Legends (PvP)' started by Robogost, Aug 15, 2014.

1. Robogost Well-Known Player

Anyone know about this? I saw a picture of it from soe live and I'm actually excited about it. Perhaps its like icon solos with larter groups? I hope so. I actually like icon solos. An alert with legends characters would be so cool to me.
    • Like x 2
  2. Ice Clown New Player

yes it would be sooo good to play that
  3. Robogost Well-Known Player

Yeah people would be against it though. But im cool with getting thrown back into arkham as a 4 man squad of nightwing batman robin and huntress
    • Like x 2
  4. Ice Clown New Player

i dont mind going back to arkham just as long as its new enemies we're fighting with new storylines
  5. The Enquirer Steadfast Player

I'd love it, but I don't know how you could complete instances without support roles but either way I'm very, very excited about this.
  6. SpadeofSlade's Active Player

Funny...I was thinking about something like this literally the other day and thinking about how it would work, although I suppose the idea of a PvE legends isn't exactly an uncommon thought.

I just hope it isn't fleshed out 'too much' I mean I'm all for it, but they'd maybe have to do it like Legends where there are only four or five instances max and nothing more. Otherwise playing as existing DC characters would be something that becomes too significant in DCUO as a whole and it loses that feel of a character created MMO that it's supposed to have. Also in addition to that I think it would be better if the characters from Legends PvP and Legends PvP were separate.

My thoughts were just have 4 different characters for each separate 4 player based content (So 16 total, maybe some overlapping and lowering that) Each character would represent a different role and there would be one of each character, so there wouldn't be a case where everybody goes for the same role. In other words...if a character is already taken, you gotta pick someone else.
  7. Sabigya Steadfast Player

Guessing they will tone down damage and replace that with more counter mechanics. I can already hear cries of T6 people because they can't burn through everything by spamming 123456.
    I seriously hope the enemies block/blockbreak/interrput A LOT.
    • Like x 1
  8. Sage-Rapha Steadfast Player

I really am looking forward to this. If it is open world too... omgee!!!
  9. Dcon34DCUO Loyal Player

I really can't wait til the Legends panel so we can get more info on this.
  10. Robogost Well-Known Player

I can think of a few.
    Alerts:
    Wonder Woman, Circe, Wonger Girl, and Cheetah in the oblivian bar/shadowlands
    Batman, Huntress, Robin, and Nightwing in Arkham Asylum or Gotham Operation
    Batman, Superman, Robin, and Supergirl in a Gotham/Metropolis Operation
    Duos:
    Hal Jordan and Sinestro (could end up with a fight at the end but the fight has no real consequences)
    Flash and Green Arrow
    Supergirl and Wondergirl
    Trios (I wish lol)
    Superman, Batman, and Wonder Woman
    Lex, Joker, and Circe
    Would a Raid be too much to ask for? Lol. I feel like I'd be pushing the envolope with a raid. I'll take what I get though ;)
    • Like x 1
  11. SkullGang Devoted Player

Great idea but I have no idea how roles are going to work.
  12. Sage-Rapha Steadfast Player

I want Donna Troy to get her own solo mission.
  13. Sabigya Steadfast Player

Donna could do the whole raven being taken over trigon quest or something new.
    • Like x 1
  14. Sage-Rapha Steadfast Player

Im cool with that
    • Like x 1
  15. Sabigya Steadfast Player

I am assuming they are going to tone down the damage of the enemies and replace that with counter mechanics. Same as how the 4 Solos work.
    I really hope its hard, and rewarding.
    • Great way to introduce lore
    • Great way to teach players counter mechanics and realize the punishment of failing to utilize the counter mechanics.
    • Great way to weed out bad players
    • Great way to force players to focus on the content and not sit in the back spamming WM > 1 > 2 > 3 WM > 5 > 6 > Repeat.
    • Like x 3
  16. Naija born Well-Known Player

am pretty excited about this, cant wait to see how they play out. am guessing they may tweak some legends characters to work as support roles
  17. ncgreenlantern Loyal Player

The solo's are bad enough I'm really not looking forward to seeing alerts and raids added to the mix.
  18. Robogost Well-Known Player

Why do you say the solos are bad? I never understood the hate. One of my favorite parts of pve.
  19. DaiKaiJu New Player

I might just Re-sub completely if this is true........

Sign me up!
  20. Zeldelia New Player

Imagine doing Prime Battleground as Batman, Superman, Wonder Woman, and other members of the Justice League. I get so excited thinking about it lol.