Munitions = Gadgets 2.0

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Proxystar, Aug 15, 2014.

1. Naija born Well-Known Player

the same way people said that celestial would be a copy cat of sorcery, just be patient you haven't seen the power play out yet, am pretty sure it would be different from gadgets
    • Like x 6
  2. The dark knight New Player

Actually, I have seen a few people show their support here on the forums for a powerset like this, which is probably why they decided to go with it, although the number of supporters for this powerset is vastly outnumbered by the number of supporters for a water powerset, which they still refuse to do. -.-
    • Like x 3
  3. Radium Devoted Player

Celestial=Sorcery
    Rage=Hard Light/Fire

Just cause something looks like its similar on paper doesn't mean that its going to end up that way, just like its been shown before in people claiming this.
    • Like x 2
  4. Multiverse 15000 Post Club

Yeah I am puzzled about that one too.

So what... insteadt of Sticky Bomb we will have Non-Sticky Bomb??

Also how will it work with weapons other then Rifle or Dual-Pistol???

Not sure how someone using a sword will make use of munitions. Did not realised swords even had munitioons. ;)

Or maybe it is just the name throwing me off??

I guess it will just be you throwing soem sort of grenades?? or taking out some sort of rocket launcher when you use your weapon?? or take out some sort of gun even if your weapon is actually a sword???

But I agree that it does seem a lot like Gadget 2.0.
    • Like x 1
  5. Burning_Baron Loyal Player

Think War Machine, Iron man, Steel to a certain extent, Lex Luthor, Death Stroke, Red Hood, Arsenal and other heavy weapons people. Gadgets right now is more James Bond and Less Rambo. I wouldn't say those two characters are the same. Imagine being able to Hold a mini gun in your hand and spray enemies and then pull out a rocket launcher and blow them to smithereens. Instead of a sticky bomb you fire a missile barrage that stuns foes. There is so much heavy weaponry out there that they could do a lot to differentiate it from Gadgets.

Serum seems to be the most interesting one from a design perspective. I am curious to see how they pull off Grappling but it also means I can make Earth 2 Thomas Wayne who is essentially Hourman and Batman at the same time. I do wonder why they went with Serum and not just straight up Super Strength. A lot of people who want pure might characters will find that they theme is broken because thier powers will involved them injecting themselves. Hopefully it plays out like bane does in Legends so people who role play don't have to be constantly reminded their power is not innate and is temporary.
    • Like x 4
  6. Multiverse 15000 Post Club

I had an Iron-Man character at some point....
    Gadget + Flying + Hand Blast = Iron-Man

That is Iron-Man.
    The same with Luthor.
    The same with Steel.... just replace the Hand Blast with a BIG freekin Hammer.

Although your example makes more sense with War Machine since War Machine is pretty much Iron-Man... but with Heavier Weaponry.

So.... Amunitions will be a heavier weaponry version of Gadget???

So.... Gadget 2.0 as was mentioned??

I thought DeathStroke was Weapon Mastery??
    WM Rifle + Gadget + Accrobat = Deathstroke.

As for Serum.... I can already see various parent groups accusing DCUO of encouragin Drug use to their children. ;)
    • Like x 1
  7. Archangel Rafael New Player

Serums ? WtH is "serums" ? I mean Ill reserve judgement but that doesn't have much promise in my book.

WtH SuperHero uses "bullets" and "serums" ? I dunno. It's gonna take a lot for me to be on board with this.

on the other hand, it's w/e to me. Im not really itching for new powers.
    • Like x 1
  8. Hero of Justice New Player

At first glance I'm surprised that Munitions is going to be one of the next three powers, it does sound very similar to Gadgets. But of course it's way too early to tell, people are bringing up the Celestial/Sorcery thing which is valid. We'll have to wait and see, I'm just a little bit wary at the moment with the current (admittedly very limited) information.
  9. Im Charlie New Player

gadgets = tactical

munitions = blow **** up
    • Like x 3
  10. Burning_Baron Loyal Player

Iron man uses way heavier artillery than what is found in gadgets. Gadgets is a poor representation of the powerset. Lex wears a power suit to compete with superman. None of the abilities in the gadgets trees have anything remotely as powerful as the lex uses. Lex is a walk WMD just like Iron man and War Machine. Deathstroke uses heavy artillery which is what munitions is going for. Gadgets is by far an espionage based class with several powers causing small scale expolsions and powers aim and either silenly killing or incapacitating enemies. Mutions is all about blowing stuff up. There is a big difference. Saying Gadgets and Munitions is the same is like saying a powerset based exclsuively on gravity is the same thing as Magnitism. They both stem from the same principles in physics just like Gadgets and munitions stem from technology.

If Munitions is Gadgets 2.0 then Celestial is Sorcery 2.0 because they both use magic. Celestial is just a Holier version of Sorcery??? So.... Sorcery 2.0 as mentioned??
    • Like x 2
  11. Torikumu 10000 Post Club

It's a variation of gadgets... in your head.

Absolutely no information has been given whatsoever about the power set. You can't possibly form an opinion on it until then.
    • Like x 6
  12. Proxystar #Perception

Well actually I am allowed to form an opinion on whatever information is given, whether or not that opinion will change, time will tell.

But to me I cannot see how this power can even be remotely cool, and correct me if i'm wrong, but this is a controller power. Feel free to enlighten me as to how you realistically perceive "blowing #$*% up" to be a power type that restores power to a group? Do they have special bullets that hit the enemies that then in turn throw out power inducing nanobytes that resort power to the group? or is there a ballastic missile that hits an enemy supplying PoT on impact... Yeah I think you get my drift.

To be fair in all honesty I'm not even really a massive fan of the existing gadgets power set so I'm probably somewhat bias towards these types of power classes, because quite frankly I don't see them as "powers" in the first place.
    • Like x 1
  13. Burning_Baron Loyal Player

Not every super hero is blessed with alien DNA, fancy genes, Magic tricks ,or freak accidents. Some have to use the power of science.
    • Like x 4
  14. Burning_Baron Loyal Player

Hour Man, Bane etc etc

Red hood, Death stroke, sportsmasrer, arsenal etc
    • Like x 1
  15. Torikumu 10000 Post Club

The exact same thing could be said about electricity. If I went and stuck a pair of scissors into a wall outlet and turned it on, I'm not going to walk away with a full bill of health, ready to take on the World. Same if I get struck with lightning. Quantum, too. The Large Hadron Collider in Switzerland doesn't restore my energy when I'm feeling drained. I also don't recall sorcery being a thing and blossoming plants certainly don't heal me. Don't even get me started on Celestial.

The point is, it's a video game. Suspend your disbelief. Not everything has to make sense. The only similarities it shares with Gadgets is that in theory it uses devices to inflict damage. That's all. It doesn't mean it's a direct clone or will be a direct clone. I remember when Celestial was announced and all I heard was "Sorcery clone" and other similar things. Celestial and Sorcery aren't even real things that can be done in the real World. Be angry at them if anything.

Wait until it comes out. If you don't like it, don't use it. Don't prematurely jump to conclusions, especially when absolutely no details have been released about it other than it's going to involve Munitions and will act as a controller power set.
    • Like x 5
  16. Whizzkid Dedicated Player

With all this talk of new powers players must have suddenly gained an ability of their own, Foresight :eek:.
    • Like x 2
  17. Archangel Rafael New Player

yeah, hour man, bane ... wher's these etcetera's? Jimmy Olsen as Elongated Lad? These examples are few and thin and I think you already named em all. Crimson Avenger.

Wait and see. don't bother me, but really these do not bode well.
  18. Proxystar #Perception

Even if the game isn't entirely realistic it doesn't need to stretch beyond the realm is reasonable belief. To me this is a let down, we already have "weapons" in this game, and all this does is create a "weapon power" it's ridiculous in my opinion, I'm entitled to that opinion and you're entitled to yours. We'll just have to agree to respect each others differences.
    • Like x 2
  19. Owl Devoted Player

Ballistics is one of the 12 power set animation directories that has been in the game since the Beta.
    It was rumored to be the power set used by GCPD, MPD, Science Police, StarLabs, Lexcorp, Streetgang and Thug NPCs.
    This would make it possibly the most used power set by NPCs in the game.

Note that Atomic & ShapeChange are also directories that have been in the game since Beta. Bane and Elongated man were mentioned by Spytle when the Experimental Serums slide was displayed. So Munitions may be the former Ballistics power while Experimental Serums may be the former ShapeChange power.
    • Like x 1
  20. Burning_Baron Loyal Player

I mean quantity of heroes with a specific power shouldn't be a determining factor. Uniqueness should. I think the devs are trying to shy away from the obvious choice and they are giving us a heavily barquested power in a unique way. If they had just said physical with the same exact mechanics no body would say anything.
    • Like x 3