Rage Tanks aren't so efficient anymore

Discussion in 'War Room (Powers, Artifacts, & Builds)' started by Dragnahr Anderson, Aug 15, 2014.

1. Dragnahr Anderson New Player

Recently around the usps server I've been hearing alot about rage nerfs and how the healing and dreadful blast was affected. For starters dreadful blast is so slow now but the damage is still okay i have to say that wasn't affected much,. But the healing, the power i use for healing as a Rage Tank is "Severe Punishment" i believe almost everyone uses that. Recently "severe punishment" has not been healing back or if it does, it takes longer and that is neither good or bad, i know people use that move in pvp battles so losers complain about it and that in return affects the people who actually use the move and like not to get kicked from raid groups because everyone says rage Tanks are bad now although we manage well in alerts and lower content raids, seems everyone switched to ice because Rage Tanks don't shout as often now.
  2. Koolandria New Player

Not a rage tank But i see alot of them getting Knocked around a little more than usual and they crash alot more often maybe thats a big reason. Didnt know about the healing being off though.
  3. Dragnahr Anderson New Player

Yeah apparently that was if enough bad pvp players complain, anything can get nerf'd(pardon spelling) or buffed #myopinion
    • Like x 1
  4. Sabigya Steadfast Player

Blame the DPS side overusing the mechanic.
    • Like x 4
  5. Doc Holliday New Player

Or just blame pvp complainers. That's where all the nerf talk is born.

What's even the point of pvp any more?
    • Like x 6
  6. Pew New Player

With a main rage tank in the raids our healers usually go afk a lot. js
  7. Lightws Dedicated Player

Sometimes severe punishment does bug yes but it always has. Other then that there's nothing wrong with anything rage related.
  8. Matrix242 Active Player

I don't think there's anything wrong with rage tanking. My health and power bar are almost always full. Rage crash doesn't really affect me because I always keep up remorseless recovery or redirected rage up and my health is always buffed. Although I am not geared enough for the t6 raids I feel that when I am things will be quite easy. I believe rage takes skill to master to it's fullest.
    • Like x 1
  9. 13igtyme Devoted Player

If most of the tanks went ice it's not because of a nerf or bug. It's because those players can't beat the new content unless they are ice. Pugs are so bad it makes me sick.
    • Like x 6
  10. Matrix242 Active Player

Exactly, they know that ice is really easy to use with little effort. Rage takes a little more effort, skill, practice and timing but can be very rewarding if done correctly.
  11. Zeikial Committed Player

Rage tanks who utilize combat mechanics and remorseless recovery, along with good timing on their rage time, and immunities will never drop in a raid with a healer, their health will never drop below half. Then you have the ones that rage crash and scream over the mic heals heals heals. <----- stay away from those
    • Like x 1
  12. Zeikial Committed Player

13. ItzMrLeon New Player

A lot of Rage Tanks seem to forget that it's not all about rage canceling. Moves like Outrage and Dreadful Blast are great when timed, but having buffers like Violence or Bloodlust used together are great ways to not die from crashing. And yes, the buffers do stack. Let's not forget the all important block which everyone (not just tanks) forget to do. My main is Rage and it's plenty efficient if you know how to use it.
  14. La Shark Dedicated Player

I've noticed lately pug rage tanks thinking weapon mastery combos are more important the cancelling rage crash:confused:
    • Like x 2
  15. Dragnahr Anderson New Player

Really o_O?
  16. Saybro Committed Player

Because players don't take the time to learn and were carried through **** without learning.
  17. Dragnahr Anderson New Player

true that, back when walk ins were still in
  18. Xang New Player

Sorry to say but thats Operateor Error and not something wrong with the powerset. The powerset is fine even after being butttouched (for no reason IMO).
  19. BigAl Devoted Player

I am having no issues beyond my own errors.

The power doesn't make the player, the player makes the power.
    • Like x 1
  20. FloodingGotham New Player

When the tank has more healing out than the healer, it's time to kick the healer and get another dpsssssss.