Fire tanks long range taunts not working

Discussion in 'Old Arkham (Bug Archive)' started by jackrawlings, Aug 11, 2014.

1. jackrawlings New Player

Fireball is not grabbing aggro. Please look into this ASAP devs.
    • Like x 14
  2. Korlick Loyal Player

And not only Fireball. ANy ranged power isnt grabbing aggro.
    • Like x 8
  3. Alex Denton Dedicated Player

... It's working on EUPC. I hope it gets fixed soon guys :)
    • Like x 1
  4. urf01 Well-Known Player

i noticed this as well, and it's also happening with earth..idk whats going on but it needs to be fixed asap, taunting is obviously extremely important for tanking
    • Like x 2
  5. jackrawlings New Player

Now that you mention it I remember a buddy saying he was having the same problem with rage. May be a tank problem across all powers.
  6. Soulburn32 Loyal Player

Absorb heat as well
    • Like x 3
  7. TrueOlympus New Player

I'm noticing this with Both Earth and Fire. +1

please fix
    • Like x 1
  8. SpicyMoonlight Devoted Player

I've even tried to hit the bosses before taunting, but still do not get their attention far away without bosses/adds picking random people out of the group.
    • Like x 1
  9. PspaceJason Well-Known Player

This problem seems to be effecting other tank powers as well. I just made a post in another thread, that I'm going to copy here.

I just did some testing at the sparring target on my Fire tank, and I'm seeing some interesting results.

Typically, we assume that the message on the combat log saying "(Character)'s Innate Power hits Sparring Target" relates to a taunt. I don't know if this has ever been confirmed, but I'm seeing something strange that seems to relate to the ranged taunting issues people are experiencing (myself included).

Right now, if I walk up in arm's reach of the target and activate any power, I'm seeing the "… Innate power hits Sparring Target" message 4x in my combat log. The power I use doesn't matter. It works for Hard Light Shield, Fiery Weapon, Absorb Heat, Fireball, anything.

If I go back to about medium range and hit any of these same powers, I only see the "… Innate Power hits Sparring Target" message 2x in my log.

What's strange is that there's a range where if I take one more step backwards from the Target, I no longer see ANY of the "…Innate Power hits…" message. It doesn't matter what power I use. Fireball, Absorb Heat, Backdraft, Meteor Strike. I'll get the damage log from the ranged powers, but no "…Innate Power…" message.

This range is the exact range of Backdraft. If I'm at the maximum range where Backdraft hits the Target with a yellow number, I see the "…Innate Power hits Sparring Target" message 2x. This applies to any single power I use.

If I move exactly one step away, so that Backdraft doesn't hit the Target with a might tick, then NO power I use, ranged or not, will activate the "…Innate Power hits Sparring Target" message in my log.

Again, at very close range I see the "…Innate Power" message 4x in my combat log. For ANY power.

I have a feeling this is related. Sorry if all the quotations are a pain to read, I just wanted to explain as thoroughly as possible.
    • Like x 3
  10. Mepps Sr. Community Manager

We are investigating. Thank you for the reports.
    • Like x 5
  11. Dogico Loyal Player

12. Lacedog Loyal Player

13. Sphlinkx Active Player

Posted this a couple of weeks prior, no response from the community or devs. Haven't touched my fire tank since thanks to the embarrassment I faced in paradox.
  14. Clutch_GT New Player

• Like x 1
  15. IIIIINASTYIIIII New Player

Fire Tanking. Literally the Red headed step-child of DCUO since the self heal revamp. #thnxKrys
    • Like x 1
  16. Command Overlord Well-Known Player

I have learned that as long as you use powers as fire and use weapon attacks, even at range they come right to you.
    • Like x 1
  17. YetAnotherFireTank New Player

I haven't experienced any aggro problems with my fire tank. In t6 alerts and raids bosses stick to me as leeches. No need to use weapon or juju dolls.
  18. Scar-Red Nova Dedicated Player

~1:17 For some video proof where he just refuses to come back even after his aggro break
    • Like x 1
  19. Korlick Loyal Player

Sometimes works and sometimes dont.
    Anyway, it shouldnt be that way.
  20. YetAnotherFireTank New Player

on 1:20 You were supossed to avoid that attack and stay away from the boss. Bruno attacks no only based on aggro but also on proximity, its the same with one of the lex's in Nexus (cant remember who)... you can confirm what i'm sayin by using sidekicks or backups. He will chase them no matter if the tank is casting ranged or non ranged powers every 2 seconds.

The mechanics with bruno in this specific attack:

1. He goes after someone from time to time (runs like a mad man blanding his hammer).
    2. If he hits the target he will perform a full combo to attempt killin the objective and if you survive he will try to chase you a little bit more. (keep runnng and stop atacking him is advisable)
    3. If he doesnt hit the target (check at 3:47) he jumps back to the tank and performs the same combo.
    4. ----- rinse and repeat ----
    So , in this case isn't really an aggro problem but boss combat mechanics instead.