Legends Superman Make Up thread

Discussion in 'Battle of the Legends (PvP)' started by StarshipAwesome, Aug 9, 2014.

1. StarshipAwesome Well-Known Player

I was just watching FNL from yesterday and there was talk about how DCUO missed the chance with Superman, but that they were gonna do something for the Superman fans.

Therefore, here's my idea. Two variants of Superman, if it's possible to get the license for them. A Blue Superman and a Red Superman. But, these guys would be a combo of hand blasters, electricity and quantum powers with teleportation thrown in.

So, since we have pre-order Batman, Future Batman, Gray and Blue Batman, Modern Batman and New 52 Batman, what variants of Superman would people like to see?
  2. The Enquirer Steadfast Player

I'd like to see a variant that's actually decent enough to be worth playing as. Even with the recent heat vision buff he's still absolutely pitiful.
    • Like x 2
  3. StarshipAwesome Well-Known Player

But, as far as the way he looks? What would you want to see? Kingdom Come Supes? The Supes we saw in the opening cinematic that hasn't shaved for a while? Action Comics #1 Superman?
  4. John Brawler Committed Player

mullet superman, seriously, let me fight with the original super mullet.
    • Like x 1
  5. The Enquirer Steadfast Player

[IMG]
  6. John Brawler Committed Player

i say again MULLET!
  7. The Enquirer Steadfast Player

Never said I was opposed to the idea.

I'll be good for it on one condition. He talks like a stereotypical surfer.

I actually wouldn't mind "Hereafter" Superman.
    [IMG]
  8. DaiKaiJu New Player

nb4 "New52" Superman

Someone is going tp want it.

I like the idea, although they need to Think of what they can do to make the current Superman more playable.

"HeatVision" is the only thing wirth spamming and it's not that great a move.
    Give Sperman more health or something. He has no Stun moves like batman and batman has more health.
  9. Hero of Justice New Player

His no. 1 isn't terrible either, it's probably the move I use most with him. Until recently I avoided HV like the plague since it was so easy to counter and did such terrible damage. I still haven't used Freeze Breath in months :confused: I don't think he needs more health, just more damage ability. You are right, at the moment Batman is far better, even though he's not a damage-focused character either. He does have much better CC and support as well.
    • Like x 2
  10. Hero of Justice New Player

On topic... :p

I would like to see a Superman suit inspired by the Man of Steel version - they obviously don't have that liscense, but they can do something similar to it like they just did with Modern Batman. The one he uses now is pretty much the classic look, I think they would have to do a "no-underpants" version if they were to do more skins for him :)
    • Like x 1
  11. Kharhaz Committed Player

Why not go for a Clark Kent style?

Starts of in a suit, acrobat style, and then a supercharge power which turns him into superman with all his powers. That would be awesome !

Just a sidenote, thanks for the buff devs. Since the League hall release I have noticed a more durable superman in which I am finishing 1st or 2nd in the tables and was actually able to go 1v2 against Atrocitus and Bane and survive ! THANK YOU !
  12. Sabigya Steadfast Player

I would love to see a new style for superman. The "Not The Worst Legend In The Game" style.
    • Like x 1
  13. The Enquirer Steadfast Player

The reason superman can go toe to toe with those characters is because DoTs were severely reduced. The buff itself hardly did anything for the character sadly as it only effected heat vision and the damage out you get from a full blast of heat vision pales in comparison to the damage from a few simple powers and the damage mitigation isn't enough to make it worth using in practical combat.
  14. Kharhaz Committed Player

That also. However if I went toe to toe against say Huntress, I would be at a disadvantage, he had no duration. I have played a fair few games, and barely won against a very talented Nightwing. Thats my point. I Barely won, a week or so ago I would have lost decisively. Superman has definitely been beefed up a bit. Although nothing has been mentioned, he does seem more durable.
  15. The Enquirer Steadfast Player

He hasn't received any buffs other than the heat vision buff so it means either the competition has gotten worse or you've gotten better :p
    • Like x 1
  16. Kharhaz Committed Player

Lol, well I guess I have gotten better !
    • Like x 1
  17. Sir That Guy Loyal Player

[IMG] we need this one, he look a million times more badass than the original
  18. Miggly Committed Player

• Red Son
    • GodFall
    • Action Comics New 52 first appearance(he on has the jeans, boots, small cape, and the "S" shirt.)
  19. space outlaw Well-Known Player

he may look a million time better than the original badass but can he fight a million time better than the original badass is the question?
  20. jpharrah1010 Steadfast Player

Toff topic I absolutely hat timms art style tiny heads big bodies it looks horrible