League Hall: Security Breach - Mantis

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Purple_Haze, Aug 8, 2014.

1. Perseus Chase Committed Player

I love fighting Mantis.

Tip: tank him near the wall, he can't kick the nullifier. If a tank make sure to have him face the wall, he can't absorb the nullifier energy.
  2. HeirToThaThrone Committed Player

I noticed this happening in my run today, but it didnt seem to be working one the first day I ran it. The tank and healer were both knocking him out of his nullifier-drainy-thing-attack.

Mantis himself doesnt seem to have a ton of health, just a really annoying mechanic.
  3. Blue Spectrex New Player

Yes i don't think it was working on the first day either, but it does now.
  4. ACW37162 Loyal Player

Think they added this is one of the hot fixes.

When he does pulse beam to drain the repulser charge, lunge him, it's interruptible, and will continue to hold a charge if interrupt him. This makes a huge differences especially in the cornor.

I could go with the AoE effect of the repulor being a little bit bigger it does feel small
    • Like x 1
  5. Purple_Haze Level 30

IT IS?!
  6. Purple_Haze Level 30

• Like x 2
  7. ApolloMystique New Player

nerf it…it'd tedious and boring
  8. ApolloMystique New Player

9. Korlick Loyal Player

1) You can make the Nullifier charge last longer by lunging Mantis when he tries to discharge it. And fighting him in a corner, so he cant kick the Nullifier away. It will always stay in the corner and in range.
    2) Yes. I agree. The room is too big for this fight.
    3) Are you running with a tank? If yes, you shouldnt be get knocked down. If the tank is running with the Nullifier and getting knocked down, change the strategy. Since Mantis is shielded, DPS should carry the Nullifier.
    If no, then run with a tank.
    4) You want him to stay there and take your punches? where´s the fun/challenge in that?
    5) If you are fighting him for over 30 minutes, then...you are not doing right. I mean...you are not using very well the Nullifier (based on your first point) or get better DPS.

I think the fight and its mechanic is fine. But it can be a little bit tedious and boring if you have a bad group.
    • Like x 1
  10. realTREDD New Player

good lord complain a little more, maybe you shouldnt be in **** groups with no burn, i finish that entire alert in 25-30 minutes every time.
    no complaints devs.
  11. Hyppoli Well-Known Player

I ve done this in 30 mins so is not that difficult, tank need good positioning and ppl be quick with the nullifier.
  12. The dark knight New Player

From your OP, it seems you have the basic mechanic figured out. However, judging from your group needing 30 minutes for this fight, there are several possibilities why you find it so hard:
    • the dps or maybe the whole group was exactly cr 100 with 50 SP (and although the CR requirement for this alert is cr100, it isn't intended for a whole group of cr100s, as it is the second stage of T6). You were just undergeared and underskilled.
    • you haven't had the idea of tanking mantis into a corner, where it's unlikely he'll be able to kick the nullifier away (although it happens at times)
    • your DPS or the entire group were just bad at what they are doing/supposed to do
    So except from gearing up and the corner thing, another few tips for that fight:
    • tank needs to hold aggro all the time (or he should at least try his best to do so)
    • mana and healing are always good to have in this fight, especially the tank needs mana to hold aggro, and as mantis takes close to no damage at all, what would you think which role should do the nullifier thing? yes, the dps. if a target doesn't take damage, a dps is useless. the dps needs to get over his ego. so get the dps to do the nullifier recharges and throws because during that phase he is otherwise useless. As the troll is free to provide mana, the tank should be able to hold aggro and the dps going for that nullifier won't be knocked down while doing so.
    • Anybody - and I do mean ANYBODY - who is standing in his flame AoE should block and roll out quickly. It is no justification for the DPS to say "Heal me!!!!! I can't break my rotation". Yes, he can. He just doesn't want to. Those are different things however. So no matter what role you are or what you are doing - as soon as you stand in that flame AoE, block and roll out immediately (I have actually seen people jump INTO that flame AoE, lol^^)
    • And as always: Keep your eyes open wide. If somebody goes down, break your rotation (no matter how important you think of your DPSing) and try to revive (unless you are a tank, which means you'll have aggro and even with shields your revive might be unsuccesful, and moreover you need to hold aggro).
    • For the DPS: if your hits are not showing numbers, you are not hitting anything. Make sure you have a clear line of fire at all times. (the DPS in your group might have had the nullifier in front of him, which could explain why it took so long. I have even seen a dps standing behind one of the entrance pillars wasting mana trying to hit mantis standing on the other side of the second pillar of the same entrance -.-)
    And to the devs: Don't change a thing. It's one of the best alerts we have had in a long time.
  13. MentosTroll Loyal Player

Please, stop complaining about the difficulty. It's hard yes, but we're undergeared right now, that's to be expected
  14. Crimson Jonni New Player

I would complain that its hard cause it is quite an easy fight. Imo it just gets boring after a while Lol. But the rest of the alert makes up for it
    • Like x 1
  15. Archangel Rafael New Player

Indeed I had not.
    So, ok I can see making some adjustments to how the nullifier mechanic works. Personally, I didn't think it was a problem but I had read a few things about the fight before playing it.

Keep him in the corner to curtail kicking and interrupt his attempts to drain. Seemed fine to me.
    • Like x 1
  16. BigAl Devoted Player

In a nut shell.
  17. Blight KOBRA Commander

It's a lousy boss fight and I'm not surprised so many people aren't even participating in this alert.
  18. light FX Steadfast Player

The issue i have with it is mantis health. Fight takes wayyyy to long. And ive run it with 2 dps, 1 tank, 1 troll and good dps too and still takes awhile. And the people that say with better gear it will go faster? Yea ok well me and a few other ran it on test in all 94 gear and it still takes long. The fight is straight boring as all hell.

Devs why cant u listen to our feedback? Most of us dont want reused mechanics. Most of us agree that high health does NOT equal a challenge. What it equals is boring. As soon as i get the last feat from that alert im 100% done with it and refuse to run that snooze fest ever again. Simple tank and spank with the other bosses is enough to put a person to sleep and it actually did just that to me. I ran it and went and passed out for 5 hrs yesterday because that thing is soooooo boring.
  19. Erin Arror Dedicated Player

[IMG]
    • Like x 1
  20. light FX Steadfast Player

How can anyone even begin to justify quitting a game because its hard? If people left because of origin then its because they refused to pay attention and learn raid mechanics. Those raid were not hard if u paid attention. Its sad that people expect to finish every instance on the 1rst day and get all the gear the 1rst day. The dcuo community has gone down the tubes because of the high % of players that expect that stuff. This is an mmo, if people dont understand what that means then i suggest look it up.