Spytles latest tweet

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Nemisor, Aug 7, 2014.

1. Notangie New Player

I stopped playing because of the 4,1,1,2 or worse 5,1,1,1 trend. If a healer can't find a group willing to take her why bother even trying. I really loved this game, but they only want to stack dps.
    • Like x 2
  2. Minarum New Player

After the first day, I don't blame Spytle. And it's about time he/they stood up for their content. This was a much needed release since Origin Crisis and Battle for Earth. They've already made many sacrifices and changes semi ruining the grind for the style you can purchase... But oh well.

They do have a lot of health, but run 4 dps or get the 93-94 gear then try again...
    • Like x 2
  3. SuperiorMouse New Player

the boss health pools are large. the adds hit sufficiently hard enough to require both tanks and crowd control. the excessive health also turns the instance into endurance runs which force players to become accustomed to working together for longer and building teamwork skills. the design direction is intended and consistent with player feedback.
    • Like x 14
  4. Jake New Player

We can't get it unless we play the new lame dlc there guy. I shouldn't be forced to go dps just to gear up
    • Like x 2
  5. Seth Grey New Player

I hope there isn't a nerf. The bosses are going to get easier as we gear up. HOWEVER the fact that Spytle thinks we're asking for a nerf is concerning. We're saying the long health pools are boring...not difficult. There's a big difference.

I've said this several times at the forum...the devs should adopt mechanics that are innovative like the first boss of GOT where you had to kill adds at regular intervals with some clever mechanic to make the boss vulnerable...it'll take the same amount of time but it'll be much more refreshing than to have to repeat the same combo for the 1000th time on the same boss.

PLEASE HEAR US DEVS:
    NO NERF. NO REPETITIVE CONTENT EITHER. GIVE US MORE INNOVATIVE BATTLES.
    • Like x 5
  6. light FX Steadfast Player

Id have to say i agree with u here. The health is a little too high. I read the thread and saw what some others were saying and i agree with what kaiser said also. But the health could be lowered some. I did necro yesterday and 2day. 1rst run was a little more challenging and fun id say because we had to lunge the boss. But 2day nah we didnt have that and it was simply tank and spank. I like tanking alot in this game but i was bored to death and how long the fights were taking.

And i ran all this new content on test in full 94 gear and it wasnt much faster. I get why they do it but like u said high health doesnt equal hard. It equals boring for most people. And none of the content should be nerfed at all. I finished necro and the op yesterday and 2day and almost finished lockdown 2day too (mantis dead, wiped on kalibak at 25% health). And thats the 1rst two days. And people have finished lockdown already. If the raids are being beaten the 1rst few days we dont need any nerfs. So im glad spytle said what he did.
    • Like x 1
  7. Ebon Angel New Player

3 DPS. 15 mill-13 mill damage each. Boss fight takes more than 20 minutes.

What is there to learn here? That insane health doesn't equal difficulty.

Your reply seemed to be dismissive. Kind of like the tweet. If you enjoy the lengthy fights, I am glad for you. There are just others that don't want to spend forever in one fight. I enjoy the concept of every instance in this DLC, but just adding extreme health will not hold my interest for long.
    • Like x 7
  8. Zeikial Committed Player

TD 30 min max that's without skipping adds, intergang 33min, ( League hall alert 45min <----that's with out any new gear) right now the longest alert in the game. Where people are getting that its taking forrrrreeevver to do these alerts is beyond me.
    • Like x 6
  9. Wreckshot Well-Known Player

As it's been stated already, the problem isn't the difficulty, it's the health.

The difficulty is superb. Certain attacks wipe the party, but there's a way to deal with them once you know how. I like that, that adds a challenge and makes things really exciting.

But adding loads of health to a boss, doesn't make it tough, it makes it boring, and it makes the challenge feel artificial.

I'd also like to point out, although I'm moaning, this DLC is one of the best I've played. I think we're being so vocal because it's so close to being perfect that any issues stand out all the much more.

EDIT

Also, for those worried by Jens' tweet, do keep in mind he's only got a 140 characters to make a statement. So if it seems a little bit 'off' it's probably not. It's just Twitter...

Or he's finally snapped and is in the process of doubling boss HP. Hopefully the former, though. :)
    • Like x 1
  10. Seth Grey New Player

Apart from the poor loot drop rate/table and long health pool (and the nullifier thing that's already being fixed) this DLC IS fun to play. :)
    I do hope, however, there are more open world solos in future DLCs. I loved that about Amazon Fury. :D
    • Like x 3
  11. Ice Lantern New Player

For the raids I find that the boss HP's are fine. With the exception of Relics (which is way too easy) the amount of health the bosses have does make the raid harder because you have to sustain the level of play for longer.

For the alerts, I find that the boss HP's may be a little too high simply because the boss fights are so mindnumblingly easy. That said, if it's not really a big deal if they leave them as is. There's just too many people out there who really shouldn't be DPSing.
    • Like x 4
  12. junglejim New Player

I'm with spytle 2 raids are easy lockdown is tough but pbg tough not paradox tough maybe comparable with nexus at launch. We need a raid like this my only complaint is that I can and have done lockdown and received 0 gear. Marks are nice and all but some sort of ring or something wouldve been gravy
    • Like x 1
  13. Black Wren New Player

I like the new content but the adds and boss health are ridiculous. I finished the t6 op and it was okay but the final boss was boring. Having too much health does not equal difficult, it equal hand cramp. Helped the league hall alert for mantis spent 30 minute fighting him because of high health and nullifier recharge. We wiped the twice and it was more annoying that his health just won't go down than having to recharge nullifier. Then, today we did raid and got to Kaliban with him we had to deal with high health, light beam that killed, adds poping in and His one hit kill move. Don't mind the other mechanics but the high health and healing adds with just other kill. Mechanics makes a boss fight fun and interesting. High health makes it too prolonged and annoying.

Another thing is that this new content is still t6 and cr 100 is required to do it. So a group of 100 cr player should be able to complete it but they won't because of crazy health pools. Last night there was a complainer in the raid saying that some were under gear because they were not 106 cr which annoyed me because cr requirement is 100. Player will be excluded from content because they aren't over geared for it.

The new content isn't that long but what make it long is the crazy health that mobs and bosses have.
  14. Crimson Jonni New Player

The only gripes about the alert and op i have:
    For the op, i really dislike how everything seems to be crammed into the middle. There is a relatively large area and i wish it would be more spread out, when you have 5-6 groups of heroes and 5-6 groups of villains in a mad dash for the objective in the middle, it gets extremely laggy

For the alert, only thing i dont like is how often the nullifier needs to be recharged. The frequent need for a recharge, the damage sponge aura Mantis has, and the fact that he punts it away every second is kind of annoying. Even when we tank him in the corner, i cant put out veryuch damage before the thing needs recharging again. And to top it off, he has an absurd amount of health as well. Its not about needing more burn moreso than it is that this fight alone takes about half of the entire alert.

And this is just a little issue but is there some sort of explanation for mantis attacking our league halls specifically? I mean since we dont have any cutscenes or anything like that for the alert, story's kinda hard to follow.

I love the operation though, Oolong is such an appealing location
  15. Tule New Player

Try reading the post, it isn't.

Nex and Dox were nerfed because of the player base hated "1 shot mechanics". So its hard to blame them for this new "difficulty" style. Then again I thought they did really well with AB.

Far as HoP, can't tell yet, wont have dlc until tomorrow.
  16. Ogat New Player

There is nothing to nerf just 5 instances of high hp punching bags, that don't take THAT long to kill at all.
  17. smoove76 Committed Player

:eek: WHAT??? you mean WE now ( like in times past ) got to fully fight ALL the adds in the rooms, & hallways, instead of just having the EXPLOIT .......OOPS sorry " OPTION " of just flying over the adds heads to safety just to get to the pushover Sub & main bosses and finishing in 15- 20 mins time....... EH! I can live with that! :) # THE GRIND IS BACK!!! :cool:
    • Like x 6
  18. Ogat New Player

You can still rush by the adds in the necropolis raid, and the necropolis portion of the Artifacts op.
  19. smoove76 Committed Player

Maybe, but why would I ?
    • Like x 3
  20. Ogat New Player

You may do as You please just pointing out the obvious.