Hope Powerset

Discussion in 'War Room (Powers, Artifacts, & Builds)' started by SaintWalker46, Aug 4, 2014.

1. ACW37162 Loyal Player

No combos

No go
  2. xskateXX Well-Known Player

sound good for the healer...
    but what with dps role?
    3 attacks?
  3. SaintWalker46 New Player

Good thinking.
  4. SaintWalker46 New Player

I actually wanted to make combos but I didn't want to over complicate it for myself :p
  5. GodofSorcery New Player

Add some PI's
  6. SaintWalker46 New Player

Sure, I'll work on it.
  7. sean04122009 Well-Known Player

On phone srry,
    Nice for healing might want to add some dps power from Kyle and saint walker...
    Combo powers I was thinking strong long range combos......example
    They throw out 3 small gears----(press range)----throw 2 mids size gear{knock back} ---(press range ) 1 giant gear explode on contact
    Another option would be the same 3x range button that focus on blast and beams .... So initial hit 3.small orbs , 2nd hit with a beam ,3rd hit with a sphere that reflect damage as it approaches it's target
    • Like x 1
  8. TrueArchon Dedicated Player

OMG please, NO.
    DC has enough LANTERN. Get off the Lantern, for god's sake.

Bring in another NEW power before shoving ANOTHER lantern down our throats...In fact, let's have FOUR new powers before a new lantern.

Don't get me wrong, the idea in the OP is a good one. Well thought out, and viable, even. But it's...a LANTERN.
  9. SaintWalker46 New Player

Good feedback, thanks for your ideas.
  10. SaintWalker46 New Player

We only have 2 lantern powers....

We have 5 elemental powers, 3 science/tech powers, and 2 magic powers...it's not that big of a deal...
    • Like x 1
  11. Octantis New Player

This is why I can't, in good fanboy conscience, support a Blue Lantern power: it has to have a DPS role.

Now I'll admit that I stopped reading anything Green Lantern after the Lights Out arc with Relic, but it seemed glaringly obvious to me that other than just shooting light beams, Blue Lanterns couldn't do anything. There is a part when Odym is being attacked and the whole time every single member of the Blue Lantern corps are just shielding themselves waiting for Kyle Rayner to show up. Once he does, all their rings say that their offensive capabilities have been unlocked - constructs, weaponry, everything - and they go to town. It was awesome, but extremely dependent on having Will in the vicinity.

I just don't know how that can translate to a stand-alone DPS role and still be accurate to the comics. This is why I feel that if they do add Hop to the game, it'll just be inaccurate to the source material.

At the same time I really, really, want to see a group of 1-1-1-1 (or any 8-man combination) Lanterns just because I think it'd look freakin' sweet.
  12. TrueArchon Dedicated Player

Two playable lantern powers, yes... But with those, especially with the Lantern mythos' own recent DLC, there is also an overabundance of the Red, in addition to yellow around every turn. Also, none of the others are 'themed'.
    Where is the DLC surrounding the Red Mentalists? The Green Gadgeteers? The Yellow Flames?
    ...ok, then. DCUO needs to relax on the Lanterns for a bit. I'm not saying they should STOP...not at all...just give the Lanterns a pause...just feels like too much Lantern, too quickly...

...and for the record...Blue Lanterns are inevitable...and I've got a ton of Blue/Dk Blue Auras completely filling the bank AND Inventory of an alt I created for storage. Preparation is a good thing, and when the broker prices for those leave Earth's atmosphere, bounce off the Moon, skip past Mars, and crash-land somewhere on Jupiter, I'll be ready to rake it in LOLOLOLOL
  13. SaintWalker46 New Player

Yeah, the dps side of Hope powers is kinda weird but I guess could be mirrored after Saint Walker's loadout.
  14. The 13ht Doctor New Player

All of the DLCs are themed and I could argue that there is too much Batman content (as well as many other heroes) but I won't.
    This idea is great for a healer, but, like others pointed out, what about a DPS? I would love to see Blue Light constructs, but I don't know why. I just want to. It truly is a great idea, though.
    • Like x 1
  15. SaintWalker46 New Player

Well, let me put this out there that the reason that it is so healer geared is because I'm a healer. Blue lanterns are capable of being damage role, take Saint Walker for example. If I get enough requests, I'll remake the tree and pay more attention to the damage role side. That was my bad.
  16. The 13ht Doctor New Player

It's fine. I'm not complaining because if we do get Hope powers, I will be a healer. I believe that if you do pay more attention to the Damage role, you should make the first tree for this role. I would love to see constructs. Also, Saint Walker's 'Hope' move in Legends should be used in the healer tree. It truely is an amazing idea, though.
    [IMG]
    • Like x 1
  17. SaintWalker46 New Player

Aw gee thanks, the approval is making me blush :p

Anyway, the "meditate" move was inspired by Saint Walker's "Hope". I had intended for the player to sit in a meditating position for that move.