Aura's In The MarketPlace?!

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by TrueOlympus, Aug 5, 2014.

1. Bast10n Committed Player

Exceptional Recovery Kits sold for 2,000,000 each on USPS Hero before the release of Total Recovery kits in the Marketplace. Now they sell for 250,000...

That is almost 1/10 of what they used to sell for... We are also seeing the same with the Collections tied to amenities.
    • Like x 1
  2. Scarlet Rise Loyal Player

Ergo, the developers cannot win with everyone.
    If its not a 100% then someone is losing out and may direct their anger toward the developers.
    • Like x 1
  3. Mad9 New Player

Such is not the case on EUPC, it sold for anywhere between 80000-150000 before Total Recovery and sells identically for the same price range even now.
    • Like x 1
  4. DarkThorn Dedicated Player

1) Cost will soon be known once the downtime is completed.
    2) All other 'styles' are account bound, I don't foresee auras being any different. Although I don't see 500 MC as being reasonable, most 'styles' cost 200 MC and are account bound.
    3) Currently the only way to get auras are luck of the drawn in lockboxes or paying exorbitant amounts through the broker- particularly for the new slim auras. You don't just 'get them' if you're Legendary, it is luck of the draw, and even then you don't get a color choice; at least through the MP we will have a choice. As they stated in the patch notes, they are being added (although this info is outdated because they were already added before this DLC) to the lockboxes in addition to being placed on the MP. As I've stated before, this gives players OPTIONS of spending real money, in-game currency through the broker, or waiting for a lucky lockbox drop.
    • Like x 1
  5. MEBegnalsFan Devoted Player

I remember when the green aura came out...the first few to hit the broker was $45 million plus; I bought mine for under $1 miillion when when the Booster Bundle was released...some put in a green Aura for 750K...I bought it...haven't seen one that cheap in a while...with the aura's moving to the marketplace, pricing in the broker will drop very fast...We may see Aura that were close to 1 million now being 50K...
  6. DarkThorn Dedicated Player

I remember a couple months back seeing regular Purple auras going for $30k, over the past month or so the price has gone up on all auras in the broker, but I'm sure with this change we will see the prices drop again- which is OK because it gives players a reasonable option of either paying MC or in-game currency through the broker.
    • Like x 2
  7. RapidRay Committed Player

Here's hoping that the devs put SOMETHING NEW into the Promethium Lockboxes. The auras had a good value in the broker, but that will be short lived now.
    As it is now, everything else they contain can be found in the broker with the exception of the occasional AUX-4 and ATK-4 Soders.

Just an idea....how about adding some (not all) of the rare styles and making them NO SELL / NO TRADE but account bound. We could trade them to alts via the shared bank as we do the Soders. That would be worthy of "Legendary perks".
    • Like x 1
  8. CrazyArtBrown Dedicated Player

You seem to be confusing greed with supply and demand. Things that are rare cost a lot. When they become less rare, they cost less. That is how it's supposed to work.

The only flat out greedy behavior I've seen on the broker are people buying cheap items in order to drive the price up. I watched that happen with some of the rare collection pieces once, someone was buying all of the ones I was looking for out and then re-listing them with a price bump. I just laugh at people trying to fight supply and demand like that though, because they usually get burned by the way prices trend down over time. No one bought those pieces at the inflated prices, because new sellers showed up and undercut them.

There have been periods when auras went up over time, so that a greedy player could buy some and then sell them later at a big profit. Plasmic auras were pretty inexpensive the week after the last Booster Bundle compared to now. But this aura in the marketplace surprise shows why that's a risky game to play. Some of the people who speculated on slim auras just to drive the prices up got burned.
  9. Whizzkid Dedicated Player

Yea, because when 1000 people ask for something and two people don't want it then they should clearly not do it :rolleyes:. Sorry, but you know as well as I do that majority rules and I'm sure the Devs have seen more than enough threads on this as well *** "CAN I HAVE A FREE AURA PLZZ" shouts in game to implement it. There are people that were also upset that they'd lose money off of collection sales when amenities were heading to the MP.
  10. Bast10n Committed Player

And their concerns were rightly justified. As predicted, the Broker prices of exceptional recovery kits and Collections (tied to amenities) dropped drastically.
    • Like x 1
  11. Fools Fire Loyal Player

How about people stocking up on seasonal items & collections and then posting them 6 months later. :D
  12. Octantis New Player

As a Premium, I love this.

And for the sake of argumentation, Champions Online gives every player (free and subscriber) a free aura at the beginning, so ....
  13. DarkThorn Dedicated Player

Prices are: Slim 450 MC, Original 270 MC. Each are 'account bound'.
    • Like x 2
  14. Mepps Sr. Community Manager

Which means, you can move that item between characters using the shared bank before it is consumed. Just for clarity.
    • Like x 3
  15. BernUnit81 Devoted Player

Maybe a silly questions, but I will ask anyway. If I buy 2 auras [lets say 1 slim red and 1 slim green], Could I take the slim green to the WT and put it in my shared bank and then access my other toon [ a lantern] and give the slim green to him?
  16. Remander Steadfast Player

Heh, so they are really trying to capitalize on the slim auras. Sorry, but I don't see paying a 66% premium for a "low fat" aura. That's a little ridiculous.
    • Like x 5
  17. Remander Steadfast Player

Yeah, that's what Mepps meant. They are account bound until consumed. You can move them around to different toons of yours, but when you consume the aura, it becomes bound to that toon.
    • Like x 1
  18. Aqua Surge Loyal Player

Can these be redeemed on other toons?
  19. Black Dawn Steadfast Player

Like armories. Cool.

Yes.
  20. Wreckshot Well-Known Player

Yeah, seems like a cash grab - people don't have them so we'll charge more. However, I'm not going to moan because they're below 500SC, which, seems like a fair price for an aura.

My only concern is that when we finally get plasmic auras in the store, they'll be extortionate. Here's hoping the devs get a say in the price and not Sony.