New Weapons, Body Styles And Other Create A Character Features?

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Arcaver, Aug 2, 2014.

1. Arcaver Well-Known Player

Are we going to be getting any of these any time soon? I know when the body styles were adjusted, there was people wanting the Titanic Trinton body style. I'm more curious about if we're going to be getting any new weapons or anything different to choose from in the create a character?
  2. MinuteMaster Well-Known Player

There will probably be no new weapon styles and/or body styles for a while. It's just too soon. They would have to make an entire different body model, with its own animations, features, etc., they would also need to take EVERY style in the game and make it work for that body type.

As for weapons, it's more plausible that we'd get a new weapon. However, now with the (dare I say) dreadful Weapon Mastery system, they would need to figure out a way to yet add another weapon into the mix. That would cause a lot of balancing issues.
  3. SuperiorMouse New Player

there will not be new weapons added. spytle already indicated this months ago. adding a new weapon requires character animations which are limited by the ps3 platform.

new body types are possible however they were removed to save on resources (again character animations take up ps3 resources) and because several builds had clipping issues with some of the weapon animations.

it is highly unlikely either of these will happen unless support for the ps3 is ended. weapon mastery has no bearing at all on these being upcoming.
  4. Arcaver Well-Known Player

Well that sucks! I've been really hoping that they were going to be doing SOMETHING to the create a character that's different than what's there right now. New bodies, skins, personalities, or movements would be amazing!

Have they said anything about the movements? Are they not adding any more of those either?
  5. SuperiorMouse New Player

weapon types, movement modes, and personalities ALL require extensive character animation. they are the most resource heavy addition to the game possible. it would not be reasonable to expect these. there will only be 3 more powersets added for this same reason (although they do not require unique character animation).

skins and character models are possible. i don't know how likely they are though. i would say "not likely" simply based on the [lack of] importance the devs have placed on character customization options so far.
  6. Chilog Well-Known Player

I just wish there were more mentors to choose from. Making alts is SOO boring when you have to do the same missions. Obviously the later level missions need to be kept the same, but even adding three new mentors would make me feel like there is more uniqueness in this game. And I don't want to have to make a villian just so I can play new missions.
  7. Arcaver Well-Known Player

I couldn't agree more! When I create another character, I spend most of my time flying around getting the briefings and investigation points to level up so I can try to avoid doing all the same old missions as before. I wish that some of the DLC they release would be for the lower levels as well. So that it's mixed up a bit for people who've been playing for a while. I know some players are power leveling, but to me, that kind of cheating. But if they were to add different mentors it would definitely add more interest when creating new characters.
    • Like x 2