[REQUEST] Please add a feature to manually make statues for league-mates

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by oasenhoheit, Aug 1, 2014.

1. oasenhoheit Loyal Player

I wanted to post in the other Topic about statuaries, but it's closed, so I wrote it on THIS topic but was also told, that it was worth it's own topic:

Did I get it right, that who gets a statue is only dependend on ingame-achievements?
    If yes, then I'd like to suggest to add a Feature, where leagues can also decide to give other People statues, with votes, or People with specific privileges, who can set them up or so.

People in leagues also contribute to them with things, that can't be statistically measured:
    Creating Events, monitoring applications, designing a Website, making Videos, settling disputes etc.

There is so much more, that happens in leagues, which People should be able to get a reward for from their league-mates to show their appreciation. It should not just be limited to ingame-content, which can be statistically measured.

The statues should mean more than just an E-p**n, they should also be a "Thank you!" to members, who put work into the league in other ways than just running content.

I also want to remind you of my topic about changing the basic game-mechanic to make it focussing more on complete accounts instead of single chars.

There are statistics for statuaries, that are based on sells, for example.
    Since the bank, inventory and shared bank is even maxed out very small, if you keep what you get to sell it, a lot of people spread out their items on muels and do the sales on them. This does not count for the statistics, as it is right now.
    People with alts just spread their gaming-time on different chars, but are still just one member of their league.

Same as my sugesstion to reward people for helping their league, when they run content loot-locked.

TL;DR

Please give us the feature to decide who get's a statue and don't just make it dependend on ingame-statistics.
    Please make the statistics count for complete accounts and not just for every single char.
    Please remove the prestige-lockout for people, who are loot-locked, to support teamplay as major part of a league.
    • Like x 44
  2. Dreadwolf New Player

Make it so!
    • Like x 7
  3. oasenhoheit Loyal Player

Any additional feedback to this wish?
  4. Deranya Dedicated Player

^ what he said, but with a less deeper voice

edit: It would be nice to give people a chance to show off. Like, with League Events we would portrait the top 3. Or, I don't know, someone's birthday. Stuff like that would make the manual option incredibly useful.
    • Like x 4
  5. Omega Boy Committed Player

An option to manually pick the people on the statues would be nice.
    • Like x 2
  6. Sylo Committed Player

Its obvious they( SOE ) want to have category's for achievements for getting a statue. Thats fine, except its not working correctly and apparently only started keeping track yesterday. There are enough statue podiums to make "some" based on the achievement system and make some able to be set manually. With the current system now 1 person could end up having a statue in every category.
    • Like x 2
  7. Ronamus Well-Known Player

I do like the different categories for the statuaries, but it would be nice to have 1 or 2 statues that we can set to specific league. Being able to put up our own hall of heroes would be cool. Plus a league specified MVP, not the devs view of an MVP.
    • Like x 3
  8. Superpatriot Dedicated Player

I'm behind this except for what's in red. Without the lockout, there's nothing keeping players from just running a challenge or alert or even a raid repeatedly to keep earning prestige.
    • Like x 2
  9. TheLoneLantern New Player

What difference does that make though, they are still running content?
    • Like x 3
  10. EconoKnight XIII Legion

I think it would be nice for the purpose of a memorial too (which is what large statues have been used for in comics like Teen Titans and Legion).

We have several members in our league who were once very active but have moved on; we haven't seen them in a year or two. We also have one league member who unfortunately did pass away in real life. Those names are still on our league list; I'm sure their last character model is in the system too. It would be really nice to have a section of statues in their memory.
    • Like x 4
  11. Lord Raiden Dedicated Player

In the league I'm in we have a few members that do not play anymore, because of real life situations, and we wanted to put statues of them up out of respect because they were some of the first members in the league. Guess that won't happen.
    • Like x 5
  12. Superpatriot Dedicated Player

Because removing the unlocks would honestly NOT promote "teamplay". It would promote a bunch of people spamming the same challenge over and over instead.
    • Like x 2
  13. Mister Brees New Player

Truth.

If you are going to farm prestige the cheap way, it should cost you something.
    • Like x 3
  14. Skidmarc Committed Player

Right. I would like to have a founders option or something like this if only for one of the statue sets.
    • Like x 3
  15. Ebon Angel New Player

I agree with the manual option of statuary wholeheartedly. In our hall, we found it odd who was picked for each category and wondered how this data was derived. We even had a 4day league member come out on top in some of the available categories. Coupled with the fact that within a league, so many things that have nothing to do with amount played but everything to do with going beyond for the league and mates, those individuals should be honored and we should have an option to do so.
    • Like x 2
  16. Gottcha Well-Known Player

I totally think there should be a user defined statuary option by simply entering a custom Award Name, then either enter a (valid) member name or pick from a drop down list.
    • Like x 2
  17. oasenhoheit Loyal Player

Then limit it to group-content, problem solved. ;)
  18. farm3rb0b Committed Player

As someone who only plays one toon, no alts, I thought this as well. However, if spamming content for Prestige makes someone else happy? Who am I to stand in the way? In the end, everything about the Hall is cosmetic. Even the proficiencies are "eh," in my opinion. There's really nothing that affects anyone else if League A maxes proficiency and League B does not. Those proficiencies will never put my mediocre DPS at the level of someone who has actually practiced and fine-tuned their DPS skills. Anything that gets people running content again is a win in my book. If Prestige has people queueing? Prestige it up, folks.

As for the OP? I definitely like the manual option. Deranya mentioned things like birthdays and I think that and other out-of-game stuff would be cool to have. Especially with 16 statuaries to unlock...I don't know that I'm even a huge fan of 16 of the current categories.
    • Like x 1
  19. jackrawlings New Player

I like it +1
    • Like x 1
  20. Archangel Rafael New Player

I don't think it's gonna happen. Here's why:

It's not like the devs didn't think of this. This stuff has taken over a year to engineer. It's not like no one ever had the idea "make them able to have a statue fo whoever they want". No. The way the statues are is by design.

And what is that design? Well ever category takes some metrics from the game and awards a statue for it. All the metric boild down to "who plays the most of X". It's all about time in-game. The statues are yet another incentive to get players fro grind and farm, to spend time in-game, to keep playing.

The statues are here to get players to play more game. All the statue criteria are basically some form of "who plays the most"? I don't think they will change that.