Celestial revamp, gu41

Discussion in 'War Room (Powers, Artifacts, & Builds)' started by Villainsallday, Jul 31, 2014.

1. Villainsallday New Player

Ok so there is currently a lot of work that needs to be done. Celestial needs a revamp. The combos are too slow, the powers are raven inspired but doesn't seem like it at all, should have powers to where you can summon demons or at least clone yourself, as Circe can do in legends. Or maybe a giant demon transform super charge like the ice elemental, And weapon mastery crit only affect the first move in combo which needs to be placed on the last move.
    Pvp needs a buff, pve gear should be disabled in Pvp instances like how Pvp is disabled in pve instances, players are pvping in Amazon gear and it's annoying for the real pvpers that earn android gear to be 2 shotted by someone in pve. They need to really buff the toughness on the new Pvp gear next season.
    Also support roles are becoming dead, weapon mastery buffed dps and made it really fun but left support roles out so now they are more rare to find. This issue needs to be addressed. Also Pvp gear support role stats needs a dramatic buff as well as Pvp has become broken and now everyone dps making it hard to find support roles in Pvp.
    Styles, add more wings with animations, no more capes or jet packs, and Circe has a cool sash that would be a great waist style
    Last but not least, we need more in game content, to give players more than just Pvp or pve, but we need professions or mini games in game that gives players other chances to make money and earn sp, maybe dcuo cards to farm and battle with or battle pets or something.
    I just hate how the game is becoming dead for I am a huge fan, that has been here for 3 years playing, with games like eso and destiny coming, this game needs to step it up or it won't be around to see 2017
    These (if possible) should be issues that are addressed in the up coming updates
    • Like x 3
  2. MinuteMaster Well-Known Player

I definitely agree that Celestial needs a revamp. The combos are slow, the damage is okay, but the reality is that Celestial won't get a revamp for a LONG time. In fact, it's probably one of the last powers to get a revamp because it was one of the latest ppwwers released. Heck, they JUST did a revamp of Light!
    • Like x 2
  3. ACW37162 Loyal Player

That wasn't a revamp for light,MIT was a death march and is tied or worse then the fire revamp.

Be careful about asking for a revamp you just might get it and it could turn out worse then before

And you can forget about a pet
    • Like x 4
  4. MinuteMaster Well-Known Player

Sorry, but I didn't get what you were trying to say...

There was a revamp for Light, and unless you're making a sarcastic remark, then, well, there was a revamp for Light, in GU 39.

Also, I do think Celestial does need work, but maybe not an entire revamp. The combos are slow and after a while, it doesn't seem fun anymore. It just seems boring.

Finally, I never talked about a pet in my post...
  5. HazeTA New Player

Can't see how this would even be possible with the WM mechanic.

This is happening next PVP season and has been known for quite some time now and if your a 'real PVPer' you shouldn't be getting beat by people in PVE gear.

Can't say I agree, it has buffed support roles to a certain degree, trolls mainly and I enjoying trolling more than ever, DPS for me hasnt changed much if at all. We'll have to agree to disagree on that one.

The new season of PVP will include ONE set of gear for all roles to be modded to the role your playing so we will all have the same base stats, this again has been known for quite a while. I guess you missed the WIP section.

Their about to add the biggest DLC they ever have and are doing ALOT more to the game recently and still to come than ever before. Sounds like you want DC to be an RPG, or something that it isn't.

The game isnt dead, people have been saying it will die or is dying since beta yet here we are. They said it about all the COD's, Battlefields, GTA, Final Fantasy to name just a few and at the end of the day they all come crawling back to DC if they even leave to see if the grass is greener at all.
  6. Alpha vermelho Committed Player

The revamps of celestial need be urgent.
    Is a spectre power ,only 3 character, in all DC, is more powerful than a celestial. I dont want look like rude but devs say that dont will have Black lantern to follow what comics say, but what this comic? if is DC?! spectre accordly comic vine stay below in power only in presence, lucifer and miguel and all of then are celetial. If is we respect what comics say, yes is hard find a black lantern but this same comics say that celestial is ultimate power in DC universe if is that respect a aspect of dc comic need respect all of then.
    I belive that this power should receive a good buff mainly in 3 click combos, cursed idol need change in all aspects in T6 this sc is useless, all spells need be quick, the propose of battle healing that was said about this powerset at the start, we waiting yet
    • Like x 1
  7. Derio 15000 Post Club

Sorry I dont see the devs doing a revamp of celestial for quite some time. Its quite sad really, even though I am celestial I wont leave the powerset.

I expect celestial to get updated in GU50 or GU51. Or right before they release the new controller power next year.

Devs dont care for fixing celestial, we saw that with GU39 and the slowing of malediction and benediction combos.
    Crying out that celestial needs a buff will be the same like earth and electricity, the power wont get fixed until a whole year has passed. So next year come May celestial will be fixed, probably.
    • Like x 6
  8. ACW37162 Loyal Player

HL got a revamp then an update and took two steps backwards, three if you count gu 36.

My point was if you want an update for celestial be careful you may get it and it may not turn out at all how you would expect.

Both Fire and HL have had revamps they wish they wouldn't have.
    • Like x 1
  9. Rich Homie Quan New Player

HL needs a revamp first... A real revamp, not a nerf disguised as a revamp
    • Like x 1
  10. MinuteMaster Well-Known Player

Every power is going to get a "revamp" sooner or later. I'm just saying that Celestial will get its "revamp" later on because it was one of the latest powers released. I don't want a revamp for Celestial. I'm saying it needs one.

And I do agree, a lot of these "revamps" do end up becoming what seems to be a nerf.
  11. ACW37162 Loyal Player

To be honest all celestial needs is a base damage increase for combo powers and some type of small power return or power cost reduction. That is about it actually
  12. The Equalizer Well-Known Player

And a longer Damage over time move to at least get some might damage going while combos are being made.
  13. TheDarknessWithin Loyal Player

Yes, due to to the power set being based on the most powerful characters, it should be doing god-like damage!
    • Like x 2
  14. TheDarknessWithin Loyal Player

It's not hard to fix Celestial, all the Devs need to do is a few fixes, buffs, speed ups and all will be good. There is no need for a full on revamp.
  15. Rich Homie Quan New Player

People should never refer to HL's revamp when they are petitioning for a revamp for their own power. Easy way to take the topic of said power and point out how awful of a job the devs did with hard light.

All they did was add a unwanted pi, range pot and a prec buff in the worst possible spot of a useless dps tree while slowing down the whole power set... Can someone tell me what part of that is a "revamp"?
  16. cadaverhead Well-Known Player

All they really have to do with celestial is reverse the nerf to RcW and it will be fine without even using WM.
    • Like x 1
  17. Acidwyrm New Player

18. Derio 15000 Post Club

HL and celestial need a revamp, but they will do HL first, again, because HL has a actual DLC coming up that caters to their power
  19. Del Maestro Well-Known Player

Fire users don't want the changes they were given? The tank side could have used more change but everything that was done improved fire and fire is in a much better place now. The am doesn't keep up with weapon mastery but fire with wm is one of the best powers in the game and any fire user that wants to go back to pre 39 is just complaining to hear themselves complain.
    • Like x 1
  20. ACW37162 Loyal Player

I personally love fires AM, of the awesome mechanics it's by far the most fun for me.

My point s the guest guru revamp and the latest HL revamps are specifically why you should be very cautious about asking for a revamp