Celestial Powerset Guide/Discussion

Discussion in 'Oracle’s Database (Guides)' started by Kristyana, Aug 29, 2013.

1. Remander Steadfast Player

That is my experience with it, yes. Take, for instance, RcW. The full combo takes 4.5 seconds, but you can clip it into itself and cut that time to 2.8 seconds. In less time than that, you can do a WM combo for considerably more damage, even without putting a might cast in the crit window (if fact, the might burst of Celestial is so poor, you're better off just repeating the WM precision combo). Take, for instance, Spin Chop into Dual Flurry. That also takes 2.8 seconds. I can crit between 10 and 12k on just the Dual Flurry portion. You'll never see anything close to that with RcW. Ever. The main problem for Celestial is that it's always been a precision-based powerset. It has a weak might burst with strong, backloaded, clippable, precision burst + short DoT. So, basically, we were set up to be superior with WM right out of the gate. Until they change Celestial (or WM), there's no point in using any combos except PcDL, DLcP, and perhaps BcM and DMcB situationally.
    • Like x 2
  2. LeRassTyphon Well-Known Player

first

basically RcW into RcW time frame = spin chop time frame
    PcDL, DLcP into X combo = mass detonation time frame

so the power were set up to do the dmg of those type of combo that with anoint taked in considaration all the time

and RcW into RcW time frame< to any WM
    PcDL, DLcP into X comb <to any WM

before WM you haved to use your combo into any other one to keep the dmg equivalent to any other powerset
    weapon dmg + clipping power in the same amount of time

now celestial have to work on the same based of time and dmg but other power set have the option to speed up damage up that base of damage

anoint all ready taked in considaration all the time been lower to a point it s not enough beneficial to celestial user himself but still for the powerset weapon dmg + clipping power

aniont have to be beneficial for celestial user in the first place

making higher the might dmg for celesial wont help most of them are single target

making WoPcCS/CscWop a range attack like circle of destructucion or give it a great range like gailing erruption will be more beneficial
    ranging solution is the best PVE/PVP

speed up the power is a noway option it like asking to lower the dmg dmg are based on time remeber
    with all his vulnerability low dmg are not good for healer power them dont have immunity like troll power

all of that to say if you cant use combo who are the first mecanic of your power to a buff lodaout abusing of WM
    the power is broken nothing more nothing less

try to argue on this just make thing longer to an change ( same thing happened with elect )

Ps: on the healing side battle healing is hurt a lot too but this is for an other post
  3. Nikola27 New Player

hi. i'm new to celestial and i probably have a stupid question but here it goes, i have read that when people use celestial dps they dont use their weapons. how, coz my "mana" gets too low to use the powers all the time.
  4. Mei Ritsuko Well-Known Player

That was in the past become wm came out now you better used wm if you be a competitive dps
  5. Gokaigerbay New Player

so McB is noticebly slower for me.
    Anyone want to test AnB for healing?
    I heard they moved Divine Light to target 4 instead of 8 again, but I feel like they moved Amonish-Blight back to 4 instead of 8 as well.
    • Like x 1
  6. Sage-Rapha Steadfast Player

McB was Ninja Nerfed.
    If they moved Divine Light to 4 again in healing, im gonna cry.
    Admonish cBlight is still 8 to what I know.
  7. Gokaigerbay New Player

Do you know if the McB nerf is just a slower startup, or is the actual healing ratio lower as well.
  8. Mei Ritsuko Well-Known Player

Might if I join the Celestial Army? I just switch to Celestial Yesterday :p
  9. Remander Steadfast Player

It's 4 glyphs for DL, as it should be. Not sure when it went to 8, actually. That was a bug. Yeah, as far as I know, AcB still heals 8. I still need to look at McB. Can't believe they would slow it down. Can only guess it was PvP QQ.
  10. Remander Steadfast Player

Welcome aboard!
  11. Mei Ritsuko Well-Known Player

Thanks got sick of hearing people saying that Celestial is too weak but so far I'm doing pretty good damage ;)
    • Like x 1
  12. Starbrand Dedicated Player

Gonna try to do some Celestial again (I like the underdogs :p)

So, RcW produces less damage than WM combos? Even clipped with a buff...?

What about running with the 3 buffs, something like:

Annoint > WM > RcW > DarkP > WM > RcW > Bene... and repeat.

You can put some DLcP and BcMal for some Prec dots...

And Cursed Idol, is it worthy yet?

Thanks for any answer!

p.s.: very cool explanation about Skill Points distribution, Remander :)
    • Like x 1
  13. Remander Steadfast Player

Unfortunately, I haven't been able to find a way to make RcW viable. I was running a very complex rotation using the 3 buffs, which was very much like you describe. It's simply inferior. I'm going to post a separate "loadout guide" that details my current approach, as I've found I need to repeat it here. It's keeps getting buried, and the OP hasn't been updated in a long time. Honestly, I see no point in creating a full guide, given the limited options we now have. If and when they tweak Celestial (or WM), I'll probably put together a more comprehensive guide of my own. Look for my post in this forum.
    • Like x 1
  14. Remander Steadfast Player

15. Sage-Rapha Steadfast Player

Oh.. I thought it they nerfed dl's healing.
    I never saw 8 glyphs though.

AcB better still heal 8. ;)

And even in pvp, it wasn't that bad that it had to be slowed down
  16. Gokaigerbay New Player

Its a shame if PvP is once again ruining PvE, especially when its such a small aspect of the game.

McB already required a different non-traditional stat build, and it was already losing ground in SM with it being slower than you would have liked. I don't want to have to go to Consume Souls, its such a boring HoT power.
  17. Starbrand Dedicated Player

Well, I did some tests in Test Server.

Remander is right, there is no point in doing any combos... besides PcDL for groups and DLcP for single.

This situation makes Celestial just an jewelry hanged on WM, a pitty.

I will do something little different than him.

Trinket>PcDL> WM (until P is free again) > repeat...

...or the same rotation with DLcP for Single target.

As he pointed in "skill points in the weapon mastery era", I think the 2 dps iconics are important because of the Crits, so I will drop DP (I am heavily prec and I will use heavily WM), use Curse Idol and Robot Sidekick...

Not a big difference from Remander rotation, just some other "toppies".
    • Like x 1
  18. Mettigel Hawaii New Player

Yes its absolutly sensless to use any combo. I tried it out in the t6a, three times with the same leaque mate.
    First time i was going with annoint, PcDL,BcM,RcW (or ScH),Robot sidekick,Cursed Idol, weaponmastery bow to full auto dual pistols.
    I does 500k less dmg. Power in was something about 83k
    The second run, I just use only my buffs annoint, benediction (no combo), cursed idol and my weaponmastery bow to full auto dual pistols and doeas 270k less dmg by 50k power in.
    In the third run, i used wither,annoint,benediction, robot sidekick, divine light and cursed idol. The rotation was wither clipped directly with benediction and annoint, doing two times the WM, divine light, doing two times WM and again wither clipped with annoint. Sometimes i throw in a SC. Finally i doeas 120k more dmg by 70k power in.
    I used also the precison neck mod, wich gives me 170 precision after 9 hits for 6 sec. and 2 WM Bow to dual pistols deos 9 hits in 6 sec.
    But it is also a boring playstale and this is not sense that celestial should be played.
  19. Fighter Well-Known Player

I am thinking of switching back to Celestial. What is the most effective dps load out and rotation ATM?
  20. Remander Steadfast Player

I'm in the process of putting together an updated guide. Should be ready soon.