Why no love for Non?

Discussion in 'Battle of the Legends (PvP)' started by Miggly, Jul 24, 2014.

1. ACW37162 Loyal Player

Way way to serious but your right and my humor is lost here
  2. Hero of Justice New Player

It's the internet - emoticons and the /s disclaimers are your friends! :D Sorry for jumping on it though, if you can keep a straight face as well as you can disguise your sarcasm on the web, you'd do pretty darned good at poker :p
    • Like x 1
  3. Sodam Yat Dedicated Player

He just wouldnt fit properly in Legends.

Most ppl dont realise that Non was actually Jor Els mentor and one of Kryptons top scientists, but now hes a mindless drone who only fights when Zod tells him to fight after the Kryptonian Science Counsel lobotomised him for trying to warn Kryptonians of the planets impending destruction.

They could add him ofc, but to keep things in-line with DC canon, unless it was a 2v2 with a Zod ordering him to fight, then Non would just sit there drooling while the other players win the match.
    • Like x 1
  4. ACW37162 Loyal Player

Poker face is great it's the math part I have a problem with
    • Like x 1
  5. Sabigya Steadfast Player

Well Devs typically add low health to characters that have strong dots/attacks. [Horrid reasoning if you ask me]. IE Atro.
    Kyle seems to be an offensive character so its safe to assume he will either have a lower medium health pool or a low one.
    Still gotta wait for shiny to test it out.
    [I seriously hope he is not as broken as Atro is].
    He is like the combination of Hal [Starfing ram], JS [Pencil move] Saint [Lantern and Shield]. Bit powerful if you ask me.
    • Like x 1
  6. DaiKaiJu New Player

TO HARD TO TELL IF YELLING OR JUST TYPING IN CAPS!...

"See what I did there?"

But yea, Not trying to gang up on you. But yea, Kyle looks like he going to be another Hal/JS/Saint player.
    It's not bad since he should be a little more versatile for many maps, but I can't see him having health like Hal.
    He would be lucky to have just a bit more health than Circe, Atroc, And Saint. Anything less makes him a "pure" glass canon.
  7. Sabigya Steadfast Player

So basically every day 2v2 pugging.
    • Like x 1
  8. Sodam Yat Dedicated Player

Lol +1

Kinda, with 2v2 pugs you usually get some person whos recently started getting good at PVE, thinks those same skills apply in PVP, drags you down with them in record time, repeats this 40-50 times, and then decides to ask their League/Friends for some PVP tips.

Non on the other hand learns a bit faster than these guys. But in keeping with DC Canon he would only listen to Zod, or Ursa/Faora if Zod told him to listen to her. Ofc this is all just theoretical and forgetting the fact that Legends is a simulation and not the actual characters fighting each other. It all really comes down to how "good" of a copy this simulation Non is compared to the actual Non. If hes a spot-on replica he wouldnt fight without orders.
  9. Sabigya Steadfast Player

I just think we should be done with kryptions right now. 5 of the moves are basically copy pasted into the characters..
    Pugging 2v2 sucks even more when you know the enemy is bad and if your teammate put a little effort it would have been an easy win :p.
  10. Sodam Yat Dedicated Player

Its nothin to worry about tbh, no content is going to be added to DCUO unless its somehow linked to the current/upcoming DLC or an anniversary. And Non has no long term links to Lanterns, Amazons or New Gods. Look at the last few/upcoming legends for instance:

Supergirl- Trained partly by Kal El, but mostly by Diana and the Amazons- Amazon Fury
    Wondergirl- Again trained by the Amazons- Amazon Fury
    Classic Batman- Batman 75
    New 52 Batman- Batman 75
    ????? Batman- Batman 75
    Kyle Rayner (Green/Blue)- Former Green Lantern 2814.4 and current solo White Lantern- War of the Light
    Guy Gardner (Green/Red)- Former Green Lantern 2814.2 and current Leader of the Red Lanterns- War of the Light

This thread, just like all the other Legends threads or New Power threads, are all just "Wishlists" rather than something thats likely to happen anytime soon. If i had to guess? Id say we're more likely to get Kalibak, Orion, Mr Miracle, Barda, Steppenwolf, Mantis etc etc as Legends next near to Halls of Power Part III and then the next few will be based on the next 3 Trilogies starting in 2016.
  11. Hero of Justice New Player

Yep, I agree with all of those observations, all I'm saying is that we still can only do educated gueses at this point. If I had to say, I'd guess the same as you, but not as powerful as Atro since he lacks his SC and the AOE on the DOT. But until it's actually been used and tested it's impossible to say for sure. People thought differently of Supergirl and Wonder Girl as well before they were released, we could tell what they had in common with Kryptonians/Amazon Legends but there were still some surprises.

Not at all. He certainly borrows from several other Lanterns, that's pretty apparent from the preview. But I still want to see a few things first, like the damage and effects of his powers, before I say for sure what he'll be like. His health in particular I'm interested in seeing, conventional wisdom says it will be low, but many (including myself) thought the same for Supergirl and it turns out she has quite decent health, probably a hair below average. So I still think it's best to wait and see. :)
    • Like x 1