Gimme The Loot: LOOT gets League Hall

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Web, Jul 24, 2014.

1. Remander Steadfast Player

I'm going to be working on my new alt to max content Prestige. Seems one of the sweet spots is CR 53. The entry point to band 2 is CR 56. CR 53 will let you access T3 Hard Alerts and Expert Raids. So, technically, from CR 53-55, you are still considered T1 and can get max Prestige from all T1-3 content. :D
    • Like x 2
  2. Tre Day New Player

Lol, I agree, but still, they had a goal to achieve something and they busted their butts to get it done. Got to appreciate them on that.

It also proves that a little extra 'elbow grease' never hurts. :D
    • Like x 1
  3. Web Well-Known Player

Hard work beats league size when league size don't work hard.
    • Like x 2
  4. DamsonX New Player

just make sure you don't pick up any good loot from those instances you are grinding. try doing it with max inventory so that no high level weapons will sneak in and up your CR total.

research/plan plan plan

good luck
    • Like x 3
  5. Web Well-Known Player

Thanks Spytle!
  6. jpharrah1010 Steadfast Player

I'm not willing to use replays dont got that kind cash ... I didn't feel like reading through the dramatics ... But thanks for lettin me know . And congrats guys it looks cool
  7. Piqued Pixie Active Player

Thank you for pointing out this genius tidbit here.
    • Like x 2
  8. Gunny New Player

Jesus Christ people.

Why do you really feel the need to sit here and trash Loot for using replays on getting a hall? Most of you guys are simply just hating on the fact they did it, and will proceed to go to any lengths necessary to devalue their feat to make yourselves feel better.

It was not done by purely replaying content - that would be beyond expensive. Those 5 players had to contribute a HUGE amount of playing time, AND also learned to optimize the prestige system in such a short period of time. Most players on this game lack such determination and organization to carry out such an optimal strategy to get a league hall that quickly with so few players.

Its not just sitting around with 106 mains spamming T6 alert thinking you're making a ton of prestige - that'd take an extreme amount of time.

Using T1 alts, capping them at 39 CR, and possibly picking up as much SP from feat sharing as possible, then doing T1 alerts... a group of four players can earn 1200 prestige by each resetting a t1 alert - 108 replays, 27 for each league member. Select the fastest alert, they can probably complete it in as little as 10-15 minutes per run - faster times with repetition and optimizing the completion speeds.

To get 60k prestige, they'd get 10k or so for free by running all T1 solos duos and alerts, and then each 1200 prestige is obtained with 108 replays. This would take 42 runs to achieve.... so it would take 4536 replays - 1134 from each player - to get the 60k prestige collectively. Assuming they found a way to complete an alert in 10 minutes, these 4 players would have to grind over 7 hours to do it.

The example above, however, applies to an alert being ran by 4 leaguemates, whereas there were 5 leaguemates in the league. Any prestige earned by the 5th player in the league makes the grind above happen with fewer replays - and in less time.

1134 replays per person .... that's a little over 30 bucks per person - assuming you paid full price like a fool. 50% sale, they did it for probably 16 bucks a head for 4 people - and that's assuming the 5th player did absolutely nothing to contribute - which probably was not the case.

All of you ***hats sitting here claiming they dropped 400 bucks to get a league hall are full of yourselves and are making up numbers out of thin air to devalue their achievement.

-----------------------------------------

This was all before reset on Thursday. Once Thursday was done, they could either try repeating this again to get the league hall ASAP, or they could ride out the week by making additional alts, then running all T1 content daily on them.

To put that 16 bucks per player into perspective, to make an alt with all buyable feats, it costs roughly 25 bucks in replays @ 50% discount to make. To gain all movement mode feats + return to your original movement mode, it costs 15 bucks w/ the 50% discount - 6 SP for 15 dollars... which is routinely done and even encouraged in these forums.

Switching powers for SP even less of a value for SP - some just switch powers on a whim just because they wish to try other things out.

-----------------------------------------

Just because you believe that their choice to get their league hall using some replays is a poor one doesn't give you the right to come on here and denounce the achievement. Especially as to go so far as to fabricate some asinine numbers to try and say they made an unthinkable decision to put down enough money to buy a PS4... just to get a league hall in 2 days... cmon, it really was nowhere near that kind of money.
    • Like x 13
  9. Web Well-Known Player

@Gunny

I really appreciate you taking the time to make this post.
    I've been saying this all day and people haven't really been listening, the fact is we made a conscious decision to get a hall as fast as we could.
    We used replays, we never bought one at full price and have had them accumulated for triple station cash and 50% off replays forever.
    The thing I disliked was people inventing ever changing criteria on what is a legitimate accomplishment because they didn't like what we did.
    We planned(well mostly Block) a strategy to gain prestige as fast as possible to maximize time which included rolling fresh 30 alts weeks ago in anticipation of this release. There was tons of research done on test on what the best course of action would be.
    We only have 5 people we don't have 100 members, we needed to work harder if we wanted a hall, and we did.
    • Like x 6
  10. Web Well-Known Player

I also believe we are getting a lot of flack because people have no clue who the &$@$ we are and have never heard of us, so basically it's almost like it's impossible to imagine an unknown league accomplishing this.
    • Like x 2
  11. Im Charlie New Player

So they achieved a league hall with alts wearing enough gear to be 1 cr under the requirement for t2?

If thats the case i might get on my alt that i never play on and delete all his gear then buy full t3 gear and mod it 1 cr under t4 requirement and run t3 content.

i mean 168 sp on a t3 toon with enough sp for crits/WM? that ***** OP.

But anyways, CONGRATS guys. nice achievement.
  12. XxRudgerxX Well-Known Player

You aren't getting the hate. It's the fact that people are using this as a symbol sent from god that all small leagues should just shut up about their problems when you used replays. That's alright, your choice, but the fact that people are telling others to shut over it isn't. This proves a small league can get it quickly with a little financial aid, but people are twisting it to prove people wrong. It's not discrimination against a small league.
    • Like x 2
  13. Web Well-Known Player

I see your point, but we didn't set out to be a symbol to any argument; we just wanted a base. But we are getting a lot of hate regardless of motive.
    • Like x 1
  14. Tank New Player

Just as a point of reference, the Replay Badges used to unlock Feats/Skill Points was GREATER then the amount use to reset instances by far.
  15. Sbel Devoted Player

Verb
    earnt

(UK, commonly used) simple past tense and past participle of earn
    Usage notes
    Written, this is an uncommon (<0.5% as common as earned in the British National Corpus) but entirely acceptable alternative form of the simple past and past participle earned. This form is, however, more commonly spoken than written.

http://en.wiktionary.org/wiki/earnt
    • Like x 1
  16. Proxystar #Perception

"This is an uncommon (<0.5% as common as earned in the British National Corpus) but entirely acceptable alternative form of the simple past and past participle earned. Still considered to be incorrect by many, who are largely unaware of the historical development of the English language."

You can thank me for educating you later.

Edit: Oh and thanks previous poster - for pointing it out as well LOL
    • Like x 4
  17. Caligulus Committed Player

Is he wrong for thinking an archaic version of a word, that is "0.5% as common as "earned" and obviously falling out of usage, was the wrong spelling?

Thanks for educating him, you're exceptionally smart. I guess that heavy majority of English speakers are stupid for not following the minuscule majority. Again, thanks for that education; we've all learned so much.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Anyway, I love how everyone is up in arms because they weren't basically handed these league halls. What's so wrong about an update, revealing something you have to work for? Hell, I know most of the games I play do this, because it provides an incentive. If you're so entitled to think you can't afford spending about a week, while you already do spend weeks rerunning the same missions over and over for the next best thing - an example being this halls or whatever - I don't see how you guys even continue playing this game. I mean, I see the constant whining all the time, but damn, spend some time and work for a reward, you already do it everyday anyway.

Hell, I spent a week just to get 1 component for an item on a game, and an update came out almost a week ago for another game and I JUST got the reward. Stop complaining.
    • Like x 1
  18. Sbel Devoted Player

If you're gonna* nitpick, people are gonna* pick your nits.

"heavy majority" vs "minuscule majority" :confused: Are we talking about weight now? That's rather personal information, ya* know.

* gonna and ya are not actual words.
    • Like x 3
  19. Caligulus Committed Player

This was a quality post.
    • Like x 1
  20. Cacca Well-Known Player

"Tell him Biggie took it, what the **** he gonna do?

I hope apologetic or I'm a have to set it
    and if I said it the ****sucker won't forget it

Gimme da loot, gimme da loot!

A true mother***** going out for the loot!"
    • Like x 2