Fire Build Help

Discussion in 'War Room (Powers, Artifacts, & Builds)' started by Mister-006, Jul 23, 2014.

1. Mister-006 New Player

Hello guys and gals! I'm new to DCUO and this is the first post I'm making here on the forums. So rather than just going into the game half-cocked, I was wondering if I could get some help from you kind people. As the thread title says, I'm looking for help on a Fire-based build. Mainly I was wanting to go ranged just because that's what I'm used to playing in other MMO's and I figured Fire would be fun. I understand that most people use this as melee/tank, but would it be possible to use a ranged build with Fire? Also, secondly, if that is viable would hand blasters be a good choice? I figured it'd compliment the general theme of my character, looks neat, and might do decent ranged damage.

Thanks in advance to anyone that takes the time out of their day to respond. I'm eagerly looking forward to any insight you all may be able to give me.
  2. xskateXX Well-Known Player

3. PKMN12 New Player

you can use whatever weapon you want, but understand you will be using the WEapon mastery combo's to do good damage, thus you will likely be in Melee if you use handblasters. Ranged is not really a major thing anymore except for certain bosses.
  4. Salute64 New Player

DC Universe Online is one of the funner games I've played.

I'm currently a fiery hand blaster too.
    As you progress the acquirement of these handy fiery weapons are useful and fun indeed.
    Get as many as you can to build the power damage of your character.

With that said, and what I have learned when doing "alerts" missions found you in the duty section.
    You will have starting out a few options mainly "tank" or "damage."
    I said that to say this, I found it very helpful to acquire some "brawl" powers.
    This are the skill powers that allow your character to have a some devastating punches.
    Which also come in very handy during battles.
    You want your "tank" and "damage" to be diverse and damaging all at the same time.

A back draft - pulling the villain or hero down or back to you is useful, but have some powers that can heal and do real damage or the back draft becomes pretty much pointless.

Not enough can be said about upgrading your amour and doing r&d throughout the game.

Have "soda" ready to go when in battle.
  5. CrazyArtBrown Dedicated Player

Melee damage players do awesome damage until they die from boss attacks. I think it's bad to encourage that style of play heavily, because it doesn't work well for any hard content in the game. Right now damage players who focus on melee attacks are essentially saying "I only care about easy content where I can't be killed". That's fine, but I wouldn't call it a good approach to teach people.
    • Like x 1