Should Barbara Gordon's Batgirl be a Legendary Character ???

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by omega2550, May 10, 2014.

1. Raijin1999 Loyal Player

First and foremost, this. Legends, and legends character purchases, are a source or revenue for SOE. There is little reason to not tap into the DCU to bring in some other legends-only characters. They do not all need to have PVE associations, and we're already seeing some of that with classic Batman's eventual addition, as well as with Future Joker, Arkham Joker, and Future Harley. They do not exist anywhere in the PVE game, only in the opening cutscene. The gains from including random DCU characters over those that only appear in-game would be lopsided in favor of DCU randoms being added (as well as more costume variants of existing legend toons). Since legends is also a confined setup, you also don't have to worry about ram issues as there will not be an open world experience w/legends toons that would result in PS3 complications with caching more than 16 different legends characters at once. IOW, legends maps can handle the diversity. As, I expect, a legends raid, or at least a legends duo/alert. (Do it, SOE. It will sell)

Cassie Cain, Donna Troy and Steph Brown were among those that were sidelined by the New 52 relaunch. DCUO doesn't have to be confined to the same ommisions, and in their own continuity they can do quite a bit. Cassie already is Batgirl in-game, though I do not believe she exists anywhere in any missions outside of being the T2 vendor for Tech Wing bat armor.
    • Like x 1
  2. Greenman New Player

You know that she eventually got back out of that chair and back in the suit right? The writers decided if Batman could come back from a broken back, then there's no reason to keep her disabled forever.
  3. Archangel Rafael New Player

true.
    [IMG]
  4. MrMigraine Devoted Player

Bzzzt.

Betty Kane was the original Batgirl.

[IMG]

Now I'd be happy to see Babs in the Simulator, but I'd like to see Batwoman and Stephanie Brown/Batgirl even more.
    • Like x 3
  5. Archangel Rafael New Player

This is a great plan
  6. omega2550 Well-Known Player

Barbara Gordon could be both Batgirl and Orcale at the same time. She does missions as Batgirl to help out when they need her in the field.

While also doing her work as Orcale as a (quardnator*). When she's not needed in the field.

*= I hope I spelled that right
  7. hudapak Well-Known Player

If they add Barbara Gordon to legends, the Devs will have to add a new movement mode since she's currently in a wheelchair, it won't fall under the current movement modes in game. But having Barbara Gordon as Batgirl would be so cool but I doubt that would happen...
  8. Green Lantern New Player

I'd be down with this. Who cares about continuity? Legends is a simulation, people.
  9. Kuno Loyal Player

Ok Barbara is Oracle and not Batgirl... we get that.
    But Cassandra as Batgirl in this game has literally 0 spotlight aside being a T2 armor vendor.
    Would be cool to see more of her in pve content.
    I think Batgirl/Batwoman should be legends. We have Wonder Woman/Girl/Donna Troy but in bat family side we only have Huntress and Catwoman.
    I also think Black Canary should be a legend, she have unique powers with her canary sonic scream...
    I think Flash, Green Arrow and Deathstroke are missing too and there's actually a lot of fans of those characters from tv shows, devs should take advantage from that.
    • Like x 1
  10. Tre Day New Player

Agreed.

It would be nice to hear Oracle reflect on her days as Batgirl if this were to have though.
    • Like x 1
  11. Nekron 99 Loyal Player

You and your comicbook knows it alls.

If we're asking for Batman stuff we're never going to get I would like to ask for Carrie Kelley added to Legends.
  12. Minnion Devoted Player

Yeah but, simulator... (As in the holodeck from StarTreck)
  13. Hraesvelg Always Right

If we get Batgirl, can we have this as at least an alternate costume? They ARE releasing the DVD set in November. Let's see if that DC liaison wants to synergize some marketing strategies to monetize their assets into a new paradigm...

[IMG]
  14. DCFanatical Dedicated Player

Considering we have 3 batmans (or is it 4 now? I have lost count), I see no reason why we can't have Barbara and Stephanie Brown as Batgirl in Legends. Of course, I would probably go with Cassandra Cain before Barbara or Stephanie (and I am also more partial to Spoiler anyways), but It is far from Impossible.

That said, as others have pointed out, we are practically silly with Bat Family characters. I realize with have 2 new batman Legends coming out, but those aside, give the bat Family a rest and let other characters shine.

As for Oracle. I doubt we will ever see her in Legends. For the most part, if I remember correctly, Oracle was never seen by the overall hero community as a real "person" in the same sense others were. She was essentially a Talking head a la Max Hedron or whatever his name was (please don't ask me to remember, it was a VERY long time ago :p )
  15. Hraesvelg Always Right

Max Headroom, FYI
  16. NCR RANGER New Player

Yes She won the Injustice World Tournament at EVO last week.
  17. Grumpy Dedicated Player

id rather have someone like red hood or red robin.
  18. omega2550 Well-Known Player

Guys, If you check out DC current comic book line up. Their is a Batgirl AKA Barbara Gordon comic out.

Orcale could also want to see if she measured up to today heroes and create a computer simulation of herself as Batgirl in her prime.

To see how well she would fare.

I'll Never Give Up and I'll Never Surrender
  19. PKMN12 New Player

No, no she did not, not in the Post-Crisis Universe. There was no cure for having your spinal cord shot.

AGain, no she does not

this is NOT the New 52 universe, and thus she NEVER got/will get better.

Stephanie Brown and Cassandra cain (When Brown became the Spoiler) are the Batgirls in this game.