Central City?

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by orioles5, Jul 23, 2014.

1. orioles5 Level 30

Why isn't more done in Central City than knocking over some "goons"? There should be more solo instances for we who chose to model ourselves after Flash like with Top, Weather Wizard, Captain Cold, Boomerang, etc., and some interaction with his wife Iris as in the early Bronze-Age comic books...and don't forget Kid Flash Wally West. Mirror Master only appears for a split second on the Stryker's Island Raid. Then there's Midway City for Hawkman plus Thanager, Star City for Green Arrow and Black Canary, plus where's Elongated Man, Atom, Chronos, Shadow Thief, Dr. Light, Kanjar Ro, Matter Master...and why can't EVERYBODY go into all solo instances from 1-30 after you get past them and go into the post 30 stuff since you have to get the briefs and investigations anyhow???!! Here's some more stuff for the developers to work on.......

Thanks,

Orioles5
  2. Sir Arcanium New Player

Central City has always been kind of a joke. Ever since they removed marks of momentum and converted everything to marks of triump there isn't a lot of reason to do most of the missions there. Frankly all you have are the bounty feats to worry about. Newer players really don't have any reason to chase down citizens, plug the holes etc of the paradox demons. Worse the few times central city has came back into newer content it's been as another joke.

You start off in CC in the T5 alerts, but there isn't really anything useful to do there. Nothing earns you marks and it just becomes another annoying waste of time to move onto the next part of the mission. The flash in this game is little more than an over glorified hamsterman running in his little treadmill to power up the time machine so REAL hero's can do the work lol.
  3. PKMN12 New Player

-central city was created basically for a single DLC and was meant to be only a stop-gap for content.
    -Other cities are unlikly to appear very much, also the Flashs (And thus central city) are quite well-known, Midway city is not, and Star city is Gotham city 2 anyway, there would be very little difference between it and Gotham. IF they EVER appeared it would be a in raid like Nightwing's city
    -They can only add so many heroes and villians before there is no more room, most of those you just said (besides the Atom) are not very well known outside of their brief appearances in the Justice league and Teen Titans TV show.
    -able to go into all solo instances defeats the point of the Mentor system.
  4. orioles5 Level 30

I would take a lot of the space from the "magic crap" and use that. Most of the game is that. ..and deduct some from all the Brainiac stuff. Brainiac's very overdone. Some of the names there are also villains in the "Injustice Gang" along with Tattooed Man and Star Sapphire.

After you go through the missions a half a dozen times they get mighty boring. You have to get marks somewhere and the stupid paradoxes get old fast as well as the solo missions on the "On Duty" screen. You can't get better armor without marks so I'm stuck with that stuff.

There could be a lot of variety if you get rid of some of that Cercy garbage and reduce Brainiac significantly.

By the way...nobody answered the question about being able to go into the none mentor instances or whatever. You can't get all the investigations and briefs unless you get ALL of them and how is that possible unless you get somebody else to get you in. That's a real pain in the butt.

Orioles5
  5. KidMidnight Loyal Player

As always I think it would be fun if they took all the Central City bounties out of the open world and crammed them all into Central City.

It would be a fun way to work on your CC bounties feats if you could take down two or three of them at the same time and would make the area exciting again.

Lightning Strikes was DLC #2. When it went live the content wasnt all that easy. The bounties took entire raid parties to bring down. The daily solo missions are no where near as fun as what you get to do in Home Turf, Sons of Trigon and Amazon Fury.

Re: the mentor thing I think once you hit maximum renown with each faction that factions mentor missions should become available to you...
  6. MEBegnalsFan Devoted Player

FEATS!...that is the only reason for Central City...focus on killing repears and bounties....
  7. orioles5 Level 30

Kidmidnight,

I've been at max renown for a while now and no you're wrong...they are NOT. I had to ask people to help me and most ignored my requests on the posting or whatever during gameplay.

Orioles5