Advanced or awesome mechanic?

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by coldchilln88, Jul 20, 2014.

1. coldchilln88 Loyal Player

Can someone explain to me what this is? For example im hardlight is my advanced or awesome mechanic the ability to combo chain my powers?
  2. fyshinatux New Player

"Awesome" Mechanics are... well... we don't even know anymore...

Hard Lights would be the chaining of powers.

But as for what these mechanics are supposed to represent, we don't actually know anymore. Initially Weapon Mastery was supposed to give Might based DPS a means of keeping up with Precision DPS. Turns out that Weapon Mastery did no such thing, but instead was intended to make every power a Precision based DPS.

Now, the Awesome Mechanics are supposed to be how each power can keep up to the damage of Weapon Mastery without using Weapon Mastery... Having tested a couple of these "Awesome Mechanics" myself, I can say they certainly aren't keeping up with Weapon Mastery, not in power efficiency, not in damage out, not at all...

We've been lied to before, no telling specifically what the awesome mechanics are supposed to actually achieve unless the speculation is right that, once all the awesome mechanics are in place, weapon mastery will be nerfed to attempt letting the powers shine again.

But yea, Hard Light has the combo'ing of powers as theirs (that's my understanding anyway, I don't play HL so.)
    • Like x 5
  3. coldchilln88 Loyal Player

It seems to me they are over complicating the dps aspect of this game. If you have wm why do you need awesome mechanic and vice versa. .. just incase you don't want to use weapon mastery? Seems like a mess to me. Where does it say or explain for each power what there awesome mechanic is?
  4. fyshinatux New Player

• Like x 1
  5. Greenman_x Steadfast Player

Its an inferior way to DPS that is only semi useful in solos and duos.

It is supposed to be another way to DPS outside of weapon mastery, but is something else entirely. The players have brought this up numerous times to the developers to no avail and our concerns regarding it have been completely ignored so far.

They cannot be used to DPS competitively and aren't nearly as good as weapon mastery.
    • Like x 3
  6. SethZoulMonEl 10000 Post Club

Which powers have you tested the mechanics with? You said you haven't tested HL which based on a league-mate's rotations does not keep up with weapon mastery, rage I don't believe is finished for power efficiency, celestial isn't finished for power efficiency either, sorcery and earth just have pets for their power mechanics which I agree aren't strong enough, and nature and electric are not supposed to keep up with weapon mastery through their DOTs except on the bosses where DOTs are meant to be boss killers.

Basically, the only real viable power mechanic I know of is nature and electric's DOT stacking, and that only works on bosses, so weapon mastery with burst damage is required for adds.
  7. PKMN12 New Player

They are there to give each power a niche other than the ones they already had.
  8. Lord Raiden Dedicated Player

Our AM is our combos. Now when or even if WM gets nerfed, who knows, then HL AM will be lacking behind other powers AM because right now without WM HL cannot compete as a dps.

The concept of HL is broken right now. With the bland dovetail every power received, dovetail is the time from after you cast a move that you may cast another move. In HLs case this severely hindered its speed which is what made up for HLs lack of hard hitting abilities. So with these dovetails it made a power that was great at speed and subpar damage abilities is now clunky and still subpar with its damage based solely on comboing. Example of the clunkyness is ram into whip thrash now and pre update 36. If you didn't play HL before GU36 it would be hard to explain it though.

Secondly a way the devs tried to make up for HL lacking in its ability to hit hard with any one power was the dazed pi which is only applied by two powers, chompers and spike quake which do not combo. Now at first it's welcomed because we never had a pi and it helps but the way it must applied is flawed since the applicators do not combo. If the pi could be applied by a combo starting power like ram or impact then the smoothness that our power performs would be much better.

TL;DR all in all combos are our AM but don't rely solely on the combos. If you need any further explanation about anything you can message me or add my HL toon in the sig, if you are a PS player.
    • Like x 2
  9. fyshinatux New Player

The Power Mechanics are "supposed to give an alternative to Weapon Mastery". That's what we were told initially, which means that Nature SHOULD not be an exception.

As for the ones I've tested, Nature, Earth, and Electricity. While they're all fun in my opinion, none of them hold a candle to Weapon Mastery.
    • Like x 1
  10. SkullGang Devoted Player

From all the powers mentioned above I think they only power with an Awesome Mechanic thats stands any chance against Weapon Mastery is Fire.
  11. SethZoulMonEl 10000 Post Club

As I said, Nature and Electricity only work without weapon mastery on the bosses, and they only work with the DOT stacking mechanic in that setting. There should have been another mechanic added to make their burst damage also keep up with weapon mastery for low-health enemies. I haven't gotten far enough with Earth to test, but if it is anything like Sorcery, I don't have much faith it can keep up with weapon mastery by just using the pet mechanics.
  12. Lord Raiden Dedicated Player

The pets are probably the closest to WM right now outside of fire if mass det crits high. The main problem with pets is you have to keep them powered which usually means you have to have another move in your load out that does not deal direct damage to a target. Fury pet is the worst power efficient player in the game.
    • Like x 1
  13. coldchilln88 Loyal Player

It just still seems to over complicate dpsing. You shouldn't have to pick a power based on your playstyle. You should be able to pick a power you want to use not have adjust how you play based on the power. I know wm gives you an alternative
    • Like x 1
  14. fyshinatux New Player

That's the thing, I've tested Natures AM in TD, with multiple runs (one of which had Desma, the Satyr Trio, and the Phoenix) and I still did something like 65%+ precision damage, which means that the DoT stacking, with a full Might Spec/Mod setup, didn't hold a candle to Weapon Mastery, even ON the bosses.
  15. fyshinatux New Player

Brick while tanking is pretty power inefficient too, he uses two powers and his power is completely gone... but it's HILARIOUS to watch him use Envelope xD (I believe that's the name of it, been a while since I Earthed :p)
    • Like x 2
  16. coldchilln88 Loyal Player

But what happens when u have a power then wm gets nerfed and your advance mechanic cannot keep up with other powers now your stuck with a lacking dps power again
  17. coldchilln88 Loyal Player

So fot sorcery what does more damage the pets advance mechanic or wm
  18. Derio 15000 Post Club

A useful tool for leveling up, while you have less than 60SP. Once you have more than 60SP WM and burst attacks will do more damage than any of these awesome mechanics.
  19. SkullGang Devoted Player

WM.
  20. Elusian Crowd Control

WM by a mile ... or two ^^