Post WM Nerf Balance

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by ToySoldier13, Jul 20, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ToySoldier13 New Player

In the beginning the powers weren't terribly imbalanced, but some were clearly better than others and some really had to hit niche content to shine.

Then the devs gave us WM and we saw that this was good for balance - the closest thing a game could come to balance since every set had access to passive damage (worst case scenario RS) and every set except Celes could make great use of the WM crit boost with a 38-42 move (Rage exception okay since back end damage makes up for initial burst).

Now we have "awesome" mechanics and everything is again thrown a bit out of whack. Fire will soon come pretty close to WM damage and has no crit negator. Sorcery and Earth aren't bad but still can't keep up with WM and have crit negators. Electric and Nature are again relegated to niche content to be of any real use with their awesome and not only does their awesome negate the crit their best moves do as well (same with Mental even without an awesome in place). Celes is hot garbage even with WM, can't even imagine it keeping up with the Fires and Sorcerys without. Light's awesome is garbage as well - only hanging in there by a thread now by avoiding it completely and chomp-WM-snap.

We all know WM was meant as a bridge to give people a way to deeps until the awesome balance pass sweeps through. What happens when it is nerfed back to normalcy? The no WM balance is such a mess even after all these revamps that absolute chaos will reign. Think about it - Fire (and slightly less so Rage, Sorcery, and Earth) can come close to hanging with WM damage with just it's awesome. How well do Light, Celes, Nature, and Electric perform vs WM using only their awesome? It isn't going to be pretty.
    • Like x 2
  2. fyshinatux New Player

Stopped reading there... Weapon Mastery isn't good for balance... The only conceivable way this can be said is if it's used as the standard for balancing the powers, in which case it's still too strong and needs to be cut back.
    • Like x 1
  3. ToySoldier13 New Player

Then maybe you should have read further since that is exactly what I said. Some awesome are far closer to WM output than others so when it goes away/gets nerfed everything will be out of whack in likely the worst way we've ever seen.
    • Like x 1
  4. Dolfo Dedicated Player

However you and I both know that a slight decrease in WM won't happen until all the power mechanics are set in place. However saying WM brings balance is a false notion seeing as WM accounts for at least 70%+ of 1's damage.
    • Like x 2
  5. Kaladin Well-Known Player

I agree that it ruined Green Lantern powers because my CR 96 was outdone in damage output by a CR 88 Ice dps the other day.
  6. fyshinatux New Player

That's beside the point. Weapon Mastery NEVER BROUGHT BALANCE (here in the first place... Lookin at you Hyppolita). I'll say this again, because apparently people just don't get it.

If the powers are imbalanced
    and NOTHING (not a god damned ******* thing) was done to the POWERS

then how the **** can you claim balance?

Weapon Mastery never brought balance regardless of how you look at it, all WM brought us was an OP damage form that masked the imbalance of the power sets, giving a pseudo-balance at best.

Don't say **** like "oh the devs gave us WM and we saw that it was goooooooooooooood.." no **** that. The Devs gave us WM and 90% of us bitched about how broken it was, seriously...
  7. fyshinatux New Player

I wouldn't blame that on Weapon Mastery... unless you weren't using it and he was, in which case there's no comparison...
  8. ToySoldier13 New Player

Holy take a Midol and relax. Yes, WM is a pseudo balance simply covering up the power imbalance. As I said in the OP had you bothered to read it before you got your panties in a bunch W'S clear purpose has always been a standard for awesomes to be balanced against and something to use until your awesome is in place. We all know it will be toned down when everything has an awesome.

This discussion is about how the powers will look when WM is killed. It currently is not a pretty sight.

If you'd like to discuss imbalances in the power's awesomes then I hope you do so as I have seen many logical posts from you in the past; if you just want to nitpick verbiage and attempt to derail this thread then I suggest you leave.
    • Like x 2
  9. Dolfo Dedicated Player

Oh yeah I know it hasn't been brought up yet but before anyone says I want WM to be slightly nerfed because I don't have SP is a complete fool:p.
  10. Dolfo Dedicated Player

I honestly see you guys coming to the same conclusion just getting there differently or maybe it's the way you guys express your views. However I agree with you both:p.
  11. fyshinatux New Player

I think it needs to be toned down, but not because I'm lackin in SP. ;)
    • Like x 1
  12. Lord Raiden Dedicated Player

I keep hoping that all the pre GU 36 way of combat will come back, sigh, that day will never come. I use WM because if I don't my damage will half of what is with it, and as a dps you have to maximize your damage. Right now the only way to get the most damage is to use WM. It's made everything bland and more cookie cutter than it already was.
  13. ToySoldier13 New Player

We are; the difference being he wants to dwell in the past and WM bash and I'm looking toward the future when WM gets toned down.
    • Like x 1
  14. Dolfo Dedicated Player

Ok I may be one of the very few people who want a static dps stat meaning damage is damage might/precision are just 1.
    Less of the "dingus fighting:p" over precision>might or might>precision.
  15. Avian Dedicated Player

There are so many things wrong with the OP that I don't even know where to begin but here goes..

Fire will only be able to do damage equilevant to WM if Mass Detonation becomes more consistent. It's true that Fire has not WM Crit negators but none of Fire's AMs are compatible with the WM Crit bonus that that point is completely irrelevant.

Earth and Sorcery are fine in terms of AM damage.

I don't know about Nature but Electricity has been doing really well in SM with its AM.

Celestial is far from garbage with or without WM the problem is that no one really tries to come up with new rotations since they believe WM is the only way to go and the forum community can to some degree be blamed for that.

I don't know much about HL and Mental as of now.

If you think that the DEVs aren't aware that WM is doing a lot of damage then you are wrong. They know it and that's how it's going to be until every power gets their turn with AMs and after that WM will surely be tweaked since it is no longer necessary to be the balancing factor.
    • Like x 1
  16. fyshinatux New Player

Honestly, it never was a pretty sight. The Dev's gave us weapon mastery under false pretenses, they claimed it would be "this" but then it turned out to be "not this". They used it as a literal bandage to cover a bullet hole. Now they're using it as a gauge for what the powers should do? Weapon Mastery isn't even balanced, but it's the meter stick that they're using to balance the powers? o_O

I'm seriously tired of this game, I've said somewhere else that I was done, and quite frankly, the devs don't treat us well enough for me to want to stick around.

I'd honestly be completely fine with Weapon Mastery, if it was presented as what it ******* is, not as "oh, it's a way for might based DPS to keep up with precision dps.........................................." ya... right... :rolleyes:

The devs' misdirection isn't needed, shows at least some level of immaturity that Devs shouldn't have, and it's not something that I want in my games. I think I'll go back to LoL for a while. Riot may not have the best service, or reputation when talking to their player-base, but at least they don't release ******** like this.
    • Like x 1
  17. ToySoldier13 New Player

It will come when all the awesomes are in place; you just may not be happy with the results since the awesomes are crazy out of balance right now. No one notices because it is covered with the WM band-aid.
    • Like x 2
  18. Mister Brees New Player

I agree, celestial is a hot mess.
  19. Dolfo Dedicated Player

Past/Future either way it does at some point need to toned down.
  20. Lord Raiden Dedicated Player

Well anyone who isn't blind should know that it's a band aid to cover up bad mechanics of other powers. So far with every revamp, not counting fire yet, WM combos themselves make more of the overall damage than any powers Advanced Mechanic. Also would like to point out that it has recently been called advanced when before the devs started implementing these mechanics they were called awesome lol, so much for them being awesome. They are also far from being advanced.
    • Like x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.