DLC with vehicles

Discussion in 'War Room (Powers, Artifacts, & Builds)' started by superop, May 19, 2014.

1. MinuteMaster Well-Known Player

It's not that easy, you can't just get a better system. It takes time and money to do something like that.
  2. JosEl Well-Known Player

wrong people they dont see the thing tht is no a batmobile, it will be bad, but yes a car for races with friends
  3. Midknighttwist1 New Player

I think that vehicles would make a great edition to the game.

For 1 reason is that it will allow you to have 2 types of movement (acrobat and vehicle). The player will have acrobat as default and the vehicle can be used as a assistant in fight as well as taking control and driving it. while inside the vehicle it has its own power set. the light and heavy attack button shoots projectiles based on your power ( i.e. if you have gadgets you shoot bullets and rockets, nature you shoot seed bullets and seed rockets). We should have vehicles that can travel varies terrain such as water air and ground. large vehicles that can fly or are heavy tank or tank-like should not be allowed in close cornered areas. once contacted and if you are in a open world conflict your vehicle can knock down enemies around you giving you enough time to enter or escape. players could purchases different vehicles and weapon mods at there factions HQ hanger. Vehicles can be modified and viewed at their base.
    • Like x 2
  4. MasterRedDeth New Player

I do think this would be a good concept, however, there are fair modes of transportation like that of flight and speedster! However, acrobatic can be utilized too but let us be realistic that what you can do with the power isn't possible even within the DC Universe. Think of characters like Batman and whatnot as they utilize a Batmobile or an Invisible Jet. I wouldn't mind driving in one of those LexCorp buggy cars and drive around Metropolis just blowing stuff up and running around. Plus, you could actually employ pretty epic and fun vehicle races with them.It'd feel more like an RPG in which you've got a diverse way of movement such as flight, super speed, possibly acrobatic and vehicles!
    • Like x 1
  5. MinuteMaster Well-Known Player

You are forgetting how much to it takes to do that though. They already have enough resting on their shoulders, and vehicles aren't a major priority. Just imagine the lag and how much space the vehicles alone would take up.
  6. Clear Breeze New Player

Instead of vehicles id rather have an update where they add more to the world. When I mean more to the world I mean, jets, airplanes,boats. Not only the basic stuff that makes it more real but make more places we can go to in the open world instead of the police stations or nightclubs.

PVP ideas.

Being able to enter a stadium/Colosseum in the city of metropolis and Gotham and go inside of it and chill with other players, PVP, sparring targets, Vendors, Duel, chat, and things we already do. But what I am getting at is inside that huge place we can set up 1vs1 duels where its a best of 5 and other players can watch and cheer and chat and do what ever while they wait their turn to battle. Also their can be group battles. 4vs 4 and 8vs8 or 2vs 2, 3vs3 and so on. BUT here is the catch its 1 on 1, meaning you set up your teams you decide who fights first and second and last, kinda like a relay and who ever team has the most points wins. If its a tie then its a tie. Also another thing you can do in this Colosseum is set up tournaments.from 4 man tournament to a 16 man tournament. either 1vs1 or 2vs2 (together), Where players can watch and do what ever but not interrupt. All fighting in the Arena of course. ALSO another thing I would love to have is in that arena we can also see villains BUT their is a HUGE glass the separates us to we cant make contact but we can see each other and see what we are doing but cant chat or make ANY contact that would be cool. So basically heroes and villains have access to the same arena but enter from different locations and ALSO one last thing is we can bet items. ALSO if possible no sodas.

This all I can think of for this but if you got any ideas please add.

More PVP Ideas.

- A Racing Arena where we can race other players with the same ability and stuff. and stuff.
    - Boss areas - if entered a Random boss may appear and it takes a group/Raid to defeat it. Heroes and villains may enter. The only time where hero's and villains come together to defeat something. RARE Award /items are given out to everyone that participated. (must be in group or raid to receive something) Once boss is defeated must wait a whole week for it to re spawn. 5 new boss areas every week with new bosses such as joker trying to attack hero's or branic, and more villains and Vice Versa. MAKE BOSSES VERY VERY HARD. (this may seem more like a PVE thing but what ever.

If you have more pVP ideas please add,

PVE Ideas

I cant think of any.

I just want more interaction with the outside world of metropolis and gotham instead of everyone staying in the watch tower doing nothing.

Just more fun stuff to do is all I want. Ima open this in another thred
    • Like x 1
  7. MinuteMaster Well-Known Player

Even still, I assume you've watched the WoTL P1 live stream, which was a while back, but in the stream they stated that they had to get stuff content done 7-8 months in advanced. It's somewhat plausible, but if vehicles are going to be in the game, it's in DCUO 2.
  8. Adamwiseguy New Player

I can't see this happening in this game without it being incredibly awkward and clumsy in regards to combat mechanics.

Besides, there's a reason why they aren't offering any new (and useless) trinkets in the market...
    • Like x 1
  9. MEBegnalsFan Devoted Player

Only if the PS3 was dropped as a platform would this happen. PS3 is lagging in memory...It would be nice if Sony updated the PS3 and made it with 4GB of memoery...and keep the price at $200. I would go and buy a newer PS3 just to see the difference on DCUO.
  10. MinuteMaster Well-Known Player

That's true, the devs have to put restrictions because of the PS3's capabilities, not to say it's a bad console, just not up to par with the PC and PS4.
  11. Adamwiseguy New Player

Your starting to come off as a little self-centered.

However, I'll brainstorm a bit with you.

The default vehicles available can be based on the movement mode you choose:
    1. Acrobat = Car ( can climb walls and use grapple hook)
    2. Super Speed = Motorcycle (can perform a "super jump" similar to super speed)
    3. Flight = Personal Jet (can hover and break the sound barrier)

They'll all have to be relatively the same size regardless of your character's model and only useable in open world locations (Gotham, Metropolis, Gotham Under Siege, Metropolis Battle Ground)

To avoid running into late rendering issues, the speed of the vehicles will have to be between regular Super Speed and Flight's Super Sonic (it'll also help make them easier to maneuver)

The trinket animation can be a large scale smoke screen that reveals your character in your vehicle of choice. You will remain in your vehicle until you deactivate it (it will disappear in a smoke screen) or until you are attacked with 200 points of damage (you will lose control of your vehicle for a second or two and it explodes with minor damage dealt). After being dispersed, the trinket will cool down (cool down last longer if your vehicle gets destroyed.

You can gain access to additional vehicles and styles by using loyalty points, lockboxes, or simply buying them.

That's the best way I can see vehicles being put into this game
    • Like x 1
  12. Seth Grey New Player

I'll just settle for a disguise trinket that allows us to transform into vehicles. They can be grounded and certain races, single and multiplayer, can be tailored just for them. One of the T6A open world missions let you transform into a bird...meaning we can transform into planes or cars too.
    The other option is to have conjure trinkets like those garbage bouncy balls that will let us wear vehicles like those steelworks armour.
    • Like x 1
  13. XPerfectX Well-Known Player

I like the idea of custom vehicles but not for a dlc. Instead, there's a possibility to use them for differents missions or races. Like a game in the game ^^
    • Like x 1
  14. JLMDaVinci New Player

if this happened idk what i would want but something that would be kool would be a transformer type thing like if u have a motorcycle let it transform into a minion type person idk its tough to think about
  15. GregDawe New Player

I am all for it so long as is a Marketplace option.

These things are pointless in terms of progression throughout the game.
    That isn't a bad thing.
    It is just that large things that are simply for custom purposes and would take a fair bit to introduce should be things that make money the game...OUTRIGHT...no vehicle booster bundles.
    I personally wouldn't buy it(yet), it doesn't work with the way I want any of my characters to be(yet).

But if it makes money for the game, encourages more subscriptions, is another tick in the "let's kick PS3" box, and is not mandatory to max out your CR, then by all means, get on it.
    • Like x 1
  16. ACE FREHLEY Well-Known Player

Not everything added to the game has to be about player progression. There is and will be (I'm assuming) lots of content coming to advance players characters. But even though it's easy to forget, this is a mmoRPG. If adding vehicles add to the immersion factor of a role playing game, why not add it? If your character as you pictured him/her uses a vehicle to get around, it kind of pulls you out of the character to have to use one of the three options we have.
    ie Characters that don't use the three options we have:
    Ghost Rider, Batman, Captain America, Night Crawler, Hulk, Aquaman, etc.
    • Like x 1
  17. MinuteMaster Well-Known Player

That isn't being self-centered. Some people do have financial problems and might be able to afford a good PC. Or maybe they just really like the PS3. Along with that, yes we PC and PS4 players are restricted because of the PS3, but that is hardware limitations, it's not being self-centered at all.
  18. MinuteMaster Well-Known Player

You don't know what other people might be going through though. Like I said, people might have financial issues that they have to deal with first. Just because you found a great deal the first time, doesn't necessarily mean you can find one again.

Not to disrespect you, but I think you calling out people who prefer the PS3 is pretty selfish. Yes, the PS3 does have hardware limitations that hold back the PC and PS4, but for you to say "just upgrade or or buy a PC so that everyone can enjoy the game" is completely selfish. They might be enjoying the game just as much as you and I. Again, you don't know what people go through and for you to tell them "just upgrade or switch" is completely selfish on your part.
  19. MinuteMaster Well-Known Player

I read your post, and I responded. Unless I missed something or misinterpreted something, then I'll stick to what I said. If I did miss something in your post, or misinterpreted something, please let me know. I directly responded to what you were saying. I reread your post and reread mine, and everything seems to be in order.

I don't understand why you're so upset, I replied, did you even read my reply? People these days...
  20. MEBegnalsFan Devoted Player

And you forget that the PS3 users are the majority of players that play DCUO, or least it was the last time I checked. I run on a PS4, but the majority of people I group up with on the USPS server use PS3. I would say that 80% of the game population still uses the PS3. So, DCUO drops PS3 users and 80% of the revenue. I don't think dropping the PS3 is in the company's best interest.