FLIGHT (PLEASE GIVE US A DESCEND BUTTON)

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Seth Grey, Jun 26, 2014.

1. Seth Grey New Player

I'm sure many have said this.

Devs, please give us a descend button. The L3 button helps us fall or get out of movement mode but a move downwards is really necessary.

The X button on the ps3/4 helps us ascend. The Circle button on the ps3/4 is pretty useless, kindly make it the descend button so that we don't have to readjust our camera to go down?

This should be easy enough to fix/adjust so please reply.

Guys please support this idea and help the devs see the importance in this. Thanks! :)
    • Like x 13
  2. Gunny New Player

There is one.

L3 gets you out of flight. Now you're descending.

Good day.
    • Like x 21
  3. Novaks New Player

Even though the flight races are easy already this would make it even easier (as long as you can descend while flying). I support the idea as well!
    • Like x 1
  4. Apostate Rising Dedicated Player

you still havent figured out how to decend?
    • Like x 2
  5. Menelaos Dedicated Player

Great! Beat me to it. Exactly what I was going to point out.
  6. Seth Grey New Player

Lol...I've already acknowledged the L3 movement button but I guess you were already ready with your answer before you read the post.
    • Like x 5
  7. Novaks New Player

If you guys haven't figure it out what the OP said here it is: He does know we can descend by clicking L3 and turning off flight mode. This is not was he/she is requesting. He/she wants a controlled descend while flying. Turning off flight mode is not controlled and it does not allow you continued flight while descending either.
    • Like x 5
  8. kawe Loyal Player

You decent by pointing down with the camera during flight. In other words, the right analog stick.

Left analog stick: direction and speed
    Right: camera and altitude by it.
    • Like x 2
  9. Menelaos Dedicated Player

Oh I get what he/she is asking for, I just know I can use L3 well enough that it suits me for that purpose. Guess you and him/her might want to practice flying downward a little bit.
    • Like x 2
  10. Seth Grey New Player

Do you guys not read anything beyond the title? :S Of course I know there's an L3 Movement button...I've already addressed it on the post. I've talking about descending mid-flight...vertical descending without falling. Helps with the races too.
    • Like x 1
  11. Chewy Stuff Well-Known Player

I honestly don't think thia is worth the development time as you can already use the right joystick to change the direction of flight to go downwards and that is enough (franted it doea take away forward movement unlikee the ascend button). I would prefer the dev time towards something like a quick movement for flight after combat. IE Acrobat can use grapple line almost immediately to move, SS can use the jump. Flight... slow in any direction lol.
    • Like x 1
  12. Seth Grey New Player

It's true that one can descend with the right analog stick and stuff but a vertical descending button would be peachy. :D
  13. Seth Grey New Player

Well if it's too much trouble then it's definitely not worth the time. It's an insignificant matter no doubt. But I don't think it's be that great a dealt to fix the thing.
  14. Red McCarthyism New Player

I don't disagree with this, but I promise you have it better currently than the other movement modes.

I recently switched movements for feats, and while acrobatics seemed a bit clunky, super speed was one of the worst gaming experiences of my life...

Try it out... I almost broke down in tears when I finally managed to get just bronze on the last race so I could switch back to flight, descend button or not.
    • Like x 3
  15. Seth Grey New Player

Thanks mate. Maybe I wasn't clear enough. :)
    • Like x 2
  16. Menelaos Dedicated Player

Races are designed to help you learn to use flight. Including flying downwards.

Anyway, if they did something to add this I would be fine...wont lose sleep either way.
    • Like x 1
  17. Karbonala New Player

I value and respect your opinion OP, so I hope you will do the same with mine.

Devs, please don't waste time and resources on this. Most of us know how to descend just fine with L3. You have bigger fish to fry.
  18. Novaks New Player

Me neither ;)
    • Like x 2
  19. MrSentinel New Player

It sounds simple really, just make circle button a vertical descend.

However I feel if they did something like this, they would be obliged to change the races so that the player is forced to use the new skill. They might change all the races to feature way points in which you need to use that button, that would take a long time to update and not to mention the feats that we will have to get again.
  20. Novaks New Player

I like the idea as well but yea you're right....Devs need to concentrate on other bigger things I guess.