Sorcery - Gold Soul Aura & DPS

Discussion in 'War Room (Powers, Artifacts, & Builds)' started by DCUOPoe, Jun 17, 2014.

1. DCUOPoe Level 30

I think the Gold Soul Aura power interaction needs to be addressed while in DPS stance. I often overwrite the beneficial Red Soul aura while using vengeance. If I have a pet out this significantly decreases the DPS output potential for the pet until I get Red Soul back up. Gold soul offers no DPS bonuses like Red Soul aura. The simple fix is simply "Don't use vengence." I prefer using it to transmute with WM when single target attacking because it's single target damage is similar and it has a greatly reduced power cost. It's not a viable option though if constantly losing the benefits of Red Soul aura. I think a good fix would be to remove the overwrite ability for Gold Soul while in DPS stance (and vice versa honestly). I know nothing of this games assets or how complicated it would be to implement bit can it at least be looked at?
    • Like x 1
  2. Sir Arcanium New Player

It's a real problem, though mostly from the other side of the equation. It's very easy to NOT use vengeance, rejuv, etc as a DPS. Only one of the powers that give Golden Aura has any real use for a DPS. The same can not be said for healers however. It's really annoying to constantly have our gold aura's cancled out by red soul aura's. After all if you use any sorcery pet, soul wells, etc you get a red aura every time something dies.... constantly canceling out the golden aura.

I doubt anything will happen however. While very few, if any people talked about the DPS side of the issue a ton of people talked about the healer problems with RSA before the last revamp and nothing was done.... The Dev's have moved on to other powers and basically I doubt anything but nerfs will be coming Sorcery's way any time soon.... *cough life shard*cough*.
    • Like x 1
  3. DCUOPoe Level 30

Any devs care to acknowledge this? Even if to only say "it's working as intended" or something akin?
  4. Whizzkid Dedicated Player

If you are using powers that do additional damage with Bad Karma, which will always be active, it doesn't matter if the auras overwrite. The only powers that really benefit from a Red Soul Aura anymore are Transmutation, Soul Storm, Fury and Boon of Souls. All of those powers, excluding Boon of Souls, can function just fine from Bad Karma as well so using Vengeance won't harm you.