GU38: Hard Light improvements

Discussion in 'Testing Feedback' started by drenz, Jun 3, 2014.

1. Burning_Baron Loyal Player

Moving inspiration would mean it can lose its 50 percent modifier. I think they did it puposefully to make DPs choose what they want the most.
    • Like x 1
  2. PhantomVision New Player

Posting for guys who dont have access here:

• Like x 1
  3. ACW37162 Loyal Player

10 hours

3 trips to best buy

A partitioned apple laptop running boot camp and windows.

A second subscription on top of my legendary ps3/4 sub.

5 hours trying to figure out how the wrest server works and still not real sure.

All this to have a voice, leave chompers as it is on live.

It's the only multi target bust WM combo finisher outside of fan which due to targeting issues often will not hit multiple targets even if they are perfectly lined up.

If you really want to change it make it all up front burst with no dot.

Flattened out damage is a DPS loss with WM crit bonuses even if the dot is longer.

This was/is on a live Avery nice option to have when you have a bad/lazy/under geared troll or in solo content or duos.
    • Like x 3
  4. BumblingB I got better.

The same can be said about Gadgets not having a group shielding nor a proper personal shield. It's different.
    Quantum has a single shield and an aggro drop that moves them.
    Mental has a single shield and aggro drop.
    Gadgets has an aggro drop and a shield that doesn't work until you are almost dead.
    Light has a reflection shield.

Each of the 4 powersets are quite unique how they handle shielding. I will agree, that it seems unfair, but they are each amazing in their own.
    • Like x 1
  5. farm3rb0b Committed Player

I'm not sure I understand the reasoning behind changing Entrap to be a healing debuff and making Light Blast the defense debuff. That now gives us the option of using either Whipthrash (melee, vulnerable to block) or Light Blast (one of, if not the, most expensive powers) as our defense debuff. As defense debuff is the most widely used debuff, I don't understand why it's been changed. Entrap to Light Blast seems like a downgrade in my opinion.
    • Like x 2
  6. Trinidad James Loyal Player

I agree, but a shield and a aggro drop are two different things; don't compare apples to oranges. Tho you can use a personal shield to pick someone up it has its limits compared to a aggro drop move ( the protection against control effects being one). That list you made shows that Light only has one support opinion for reviving while the other controller powers have at lease two.

Giving Light Barrier the aggro drop effect would make the powerset more unique than the others to some degree but its a DLC power; it should be super awesome. I mean if not that Triage could be given the aggro drop effect instead in-which probably would lower the heal but since the self heal doesn't seem all that special combined with the cooldown it has seems like a win win, this way there is a personal shield & a aggro drop move.

I always thought that Energy Shield was mainly for PvP, while Neural Neutralizer was the personal shield; not a proper one but still a personal shield.
  7. BumblingB I got better.

With shields, i always preferred the ones that prevent damage over the aggro drop ones. When I was quantum, I would always use the shield as I hated QT. I know, I'm strange. As Gadgets, I used Distract because it was really my only option as the alternative wasn't worth wasting the PP to spec into. But Light Barrier is a damage reflect power, like ice, it can be popped to get you back up and will reflect incoming damage. I think it's the best shield in the game. The other question would be what would you replace an aggro drop power with? They gave a precision buff that replaced the shielding power that never worked and all the other powers are really nice to work with and most of them combo.

I wouldn't mind either way. I just wanted to point out the unique differences between them.
    The problem with NN is that it doesn't really shield well for long. It's like Thorn Burst, prevents damage, but shouldn't be considered a shield.
  8. PhantomVision New Player

Currently available debuffs cost too much power or are just single target or have other problems.
    For WhipTrash to be viable, HL needs something like a Rage mode ability to go survive in melee.
    LightWeight moves everything in its path including allies and group members.
    Entrap makes enemies rolling on the floor and like with LightWeight battle gets messy.
    LightBlast, GraspingHand and SnapTrap are all slow and single target. If u decide to combo after them to stun more targets that slows down power dumping.

PhantomFlames, GaussGrenade and Singularity stun multiple targets upon cast from range - simple and most effective way.

For HL, Chompers needs to stun in Controller role and Spikequake should stun more than 2 enemies.
    Both viable for potential debuffs.
    Chompers can replace WhipTrash as defense debuff and
    Spikequake can replace LightWeight as damage out debuff.
    • Like x 13
  9. Wanning Comet Committed Player

I guess I'm the odd guy out on the defense debuff change, but I really like that the defense debuff is Light Blast now. It's got good range and it hits fairly hard, I dislike that it's single target and, even if the combo version of light blast right now is a bug, I still like the power as a defense debuff. I really like Impact being a PoT as it combos into some really nice stuff.
    • Like x 4
  10. ACW37162 Loyal Player

The active time frame on inspiration and all precision buffs should be the the length on the longest weapon/weapon master combo.

Which I think but am not sure is 6 or 8 seconds.

Otherwise these buffs will just pigeon hole which weapons people will choose to be able to fit inside the buff window.

While most players choose shorter combos weapons to begin with the timer length should not become a style performance argument in end game weapon choice.

Quite honestly for HL, for inspiration to have real value the time needs to be the longest combo plus one power plus on combo constrict. You can of course use shorter combos to get this result but under current time constraints the choice for a longer combo under inspirations buff does not exist.

The choice is only short WM combo - POWER - construct combo

or

Longer weapon master combo

Unless of course that's the point.

Edit: please undo what you've done to chompers
    • Like x 2
  11. Jayd Gryphon New Player

I've had a Hard Light character for over 2 years for both dps and controller roles. I created a character on the test server and tried out the changes to see how they compared to what I've been using and to give my recommendations:

1 - Impact as POT is awesome. Finally HL has range POT and it stuns multiple enemies. No more having to turn away from the battle hit my claws then combo into mini gun to stun mobs.

2 - Swapping Defense and Healing debuffs from Entrap and Light Blast is cool. I know a lot of people are complaining about this, but I like this change. I had a lot of high damage dps complain when i would entrap mobs and the entrapped adds would go flying. Harder for their AoE attacks since the adds were no longer gathered in a group. I'm disappointed about Light Blast going to one target though. Hoping this is a bug since the description still says "enemies."

3 - Depressed about flattening Chompers damage. My Rotation is WM/Chompers/ST/Fan. That way I get the crit chance on the first hit on Chompers and the Dazing affect on Snap Trap and Fan and the 50% bonus from Snap Trap on fan and my next WM. If you flatten out the damage I will lose my crit bonus.

4 - HL finally getting a precision buff just as they all get a major nerf. How ironic. Please if your going to nerf the precision buff powers then don't do it by so much. At least give us a 25% bonus! Also I agree with swapping Triage and Inspiration back that so many have recommended. Thats 2 power points I cant afford to waste to get to Inspiration. At least on the other side i can take advantage of Hand Clap and Shield but Recharge and Entrap are worthless for dps.

Thanks for letting us give our input. I hope all of us asking for the same changes makes a difference lol XD

Jayd
  12. StarrySky New Player

after playing many powers i really think strafing run needs to be fixed so it works with weapon masterys like the supercharges blizzard,meteor shower etc do.

i also think chompers didnt need to be changed to just a DoT power. since chompers only hits 4 targets the split of the DoT is really bad and i think it should just be changed back.

I think HL having 3 powers that do power over time seems pointless. You can just replace boxing with impact.

I also think the 35% supercharge "Restore" should be replaced with a 35% damage supercharge that gives 25% crit chance and 50% critical damage like the supercharges from nature and rage do.
  13. PhantomVision New Player

Here some more details about new changes:

Inspiration's buffs last 12 secs (15 Precision Group- 12sec, 10% crit ability attack chance Group- 12 sec, 10% crit weapon attack chance Group- 12 sec) but I think I found another potential bug.
    Inspiration doesnt seem to give the 50% damage modifier or at least its not listed in Current effects.

Tray Light Blast does 2 damage ticks on single target like most finishers in game.
    Combo LightBlast is same as it is on live atm.
    In WIP thread we asked for speed up and/or damage increase but now that Tray version is a single target that seriously hinders HardLight's CrowdControl potential even more. Almost everything is a single target. :(

Chompers and Spikequake doesnt seem to overwrite each other anymore. I just tested on sparring target and I got both ticks going simultaneously.

Triage is a 9 ticks HoT atm, cooldown is about 14 secs. The overall healing u receive is slightly less than Restore SC's single shot number but close.

Devs should seriously consider reducing power costs of GraspingHand and WhipTrash.
    Both cost as much as LightBlast which is a finisher move (one of most power hungry abilities in game).
    Ive calculated that GraspingHand and WhipTrash curretly cost about 12% more mana than SnapTrap.
    • Like x 3
  14. StarrySky New Player

i think they should change light weight to be like Rubblecrush so it falls from above the target and does instant damage,applys a DoT and power interaction.
    • Like x 2
  15. PhantomVision New Player

Sadly, only Electro's Circuit Breaker and Rage's Infuriate are 35% SC , Nature's Rampage is 50%
    Also, Mental's Mass Hysteria 100% SC didnt get any increase in numbers from this update like other self buffing SCs did.

I think there should one 50% SC to buff 25% weapon crit chance and 50% weapon crit magnitude among Iconic Powers, so it will be available to all power sets.

And btw these self buff SCs affect only weapon/combos damage, from your post one would think they buff ability damage too but they dont.
  16. farm3rb0b Committed Player

Light Blast is wonky. I'm hearing people saying that yes it is now single target. The combo'd version, though, is still multi-target. Sometimes you get only one beam of light, but you still see the numbers ticking as though it's hitting in a cone. Other times, you see all the beams hitting enemies as it does on Live. The tray power, though, is always one beam, one yellow number set. It also still looks channeled to me...what is the new time supposed to be?

Inspiration sounded like an awesome power swap when I heard about it. The positioning, though, makes it pretty unappealing. On a DPS spec, I don't think the benefit outweighs what you have to give up to get to it. You need to spend quite a few power points in the Support Tree to get to it and it just doesn't seem worth it. Okay, it's in the Support Tree, I'll pick it up as troll role to use it...except, it's now below a power (Entrap) that I have no need for as it's the inferior Healing Debuff compared to Snap Trap. It's far more likely to be used by players if it goes below Light Barrier as we first heard it would be placed.

Personal gripes: Still not a fan of the Entrap/Light Blast swap. Or the fact that Spikequake still only stuns 2. These powers that visually hit multiple should stun what they hit. If it maxes out on putting an interaction and damage tick on 8, it should stun 8. Why do some mechanics go for the max and some cop out after 2? Was noticing the same issue with Light Blast last night. Combo beam would hit multiple, damage would tick on multiple enemies, stun would hit 1. :confused:
    • Like x 4
  17. PhantomVision New Player

Maybe Drenz should add Hold range combo so Tray LightBlast(single) can go into combo LightBlast with multiple stunning beams.

Still Chompers swapped with WhipTrash as a defense debuff would help controllers most.
    • Like x 3
  18. X-zero Loyal Player

Really liking the changes made to the support tree. But Inspiration should be more visually appealing because right now it just looks like a breakout. It doesn't have any real power effects on activation and unless I am missing it there doesn't to be in effect on characters to show when the power is active.

I recommend using Triage animation for active and after effects (glowing dots) for Inspirations. And give Traige a new animation or just ditching that power all together.
    • Like x 4
  19. farm3rb0b Committed Player

I actually wouldn't prefer Chompers. I'd prefer Spikequake in controller role. Chompers is going to put a panic on adds which would send them running all over. If Entrap was changed because of the complaints on encasements, I can see Chompers getting the same hate.
    • Like x 4
  20. PhantomVision New Player

Well you are right but defense debuffs are normally tier3 abilities with 45% damage modifiers.
    Im not sure if Devs are willing to make major changes and swap powers around so I proposed Chompers because of its range, suitable position and power cost.
    I agree that Panic effect is annoying to say the least, even as dps Im often rolling eyes when mods start to run around the screen.

Spikequake would make great defense debuff too, especially if it would stun and root multiple enemies.
    • Like x 1