Call off the precision buff nerf!

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Techvolt, Jun 7, 2014.

1. ForumJunky New Player

Lmao no matter who you are if you just use WM and prdc buff your terrible dps
    this is so true, same with ICE its a top power.
  2. Vodka Committed Player

Guys, you know... "balance" doesn't necessarily mean making everything exactly the same with a different coat of paint...

Things are supposed to have strengths and weaknesses. What one could have in self/team-buffs another has in enemy debuffs. What one has in DoT another has in burst damage. Where one hits hard but lacks power, another hits weak but has plenty to spare.

Diversity is what makes a game interesting and keeps people wanting to experience everything it has to offer. When literally everything follows along the lines of one set system, you get used to it, and you get bored.

Every time I see a nerf topic, to a specific mechanic or a power set as a whole, where you're so constantly dissatisfied with everyone else, I just sit and wonder... Why do you all hate your chosen powers so much? Why do you hate playing this game?
    • Like x 2
  3. Gunny New Player

@ CrappyHeals

Sorcery is one of the top powers because buffs are SHARED.

You cannot compare one power over the other because of these buffs because if there ever is a day I go against a sorcery toon, the buffs my celestial toon will use also are granted to that celestial toon against me. Therefore, other than me getting a LITTLE MORE out of that buff because of a possibly higher base precision by modding, the benefits from my buffs do not show on the scoreboard in terms of damage.

HOWEVER, they DO show up in completion time. If that same celestial toon ran with someone else without buffs, the scoreboard could wind up looking exactly the same as it would have if he went against my celestial toon instead. The difference is his run without the buffs will be noticeably longer.

They are imbalanced - you're just looking in the wrong place for the explanation.
    • Like x 1
  4. Gunny New Player

And for the record, all of you claiming people are terrible DPS for using straight-up buffs and WM combos all day long? Think about it.

AMAZING efficiency power-wise. You don't even need a troll.
    You keep up with others.
    The buff bonues you use go to your team-mates as well.

This tactic isn't OP because of the DPS. They can be beat. The tactic is OP because it has NO downsides or maintenance involved - they contribute tons of benefits to their team without any drawbacks whatsoever - and still put out very respectable damage. Its TEAMWORK. Telling us it isn't OP because they get outhit by another power in their group is laughable - because those buffs contribute considerably to those powers that beat them.

Don't call the players terrible - call the game terrible for allowing this.
  5. CrappyHeals Devoted Player

Lol Sorcery isn't good cause of a shared buff. The chances of you getting the buff in a raid are slim and if you want to compare dps in a alert where you for sure get the buff lol on you cause that is no place to be comparing things. Even if powers only buffed them selves sorcery would still be a top dps so you saying sorcery is good cause of others buffs is funny as heck.
    • Like x 2
  6. Gunny New Player

@ CrappyHeals

You STILL miss my point.

I would argue sorcery isn't the best power but you know what? Say you are correct and sorcery is the best power. We'll run this as if I agree with you.

Where does sorcery as a DPS get most of its damage? Regardless of the DPS, its going to be from WM combos. The precision-based combos.

You're right. In a raid, sometimes the rest of the DPS might miss out on getting your buff. It only affects 3 other people after all, right?

So let me get this straight then.... you're telling me, that you're comparing someone that relies on just WM and group buffs...is inferior to someone that relies on mostly WM, some might damage sprinkled in, and occasionally those buffs he got from the competition?

You're trying to compare something that it isn't possible to compare. You want to compare them? Run two alerts. One with buffs, one without. See which one is faster. Instead you compare damage that clearly is assisted by buffs more than half of the instance duration.

The buffs are up 85% of the time. You trying to say that another DPS gets those less than half the time when chances are, the closest people to a DPS is..... another DPS? Try and laugh.

----------------------------------------------------------------

Sorcery isn't good because of the buff? Show me a sorcery DPS that's top-notch without WM. Then i'll believe you.

EDIT: I take that back even then. Benediction from celestial gives you an additional 10% chance to do critical damage - for everything, which for most competent DPS, their critical damage percentages are above 100%.

10% chance to do double damage? That's basically a 10% damage increase overall right there. That's just one of the two buffs! You STILL get some insane assistance from these buffs even without considering the 45% precision buff on top of it. Then you want to say its nothing. How appalling.
  7. CrappyHeals Devoted Player

All that typing and for nothing lol sorcery was still a top power before WM came out and it remains so now. Not cause of others buffs but cause it has a great mix of dots and burst damage. How about ice to.. Great power no prec buff there, same with mental and those are all top powers rite now. The only power that's even on top with a prec buff is rage so I don't see how nerfing the prec buffs is going to fix anything.

And I never said sorc was the best power but it is one of them.
  8. Gunny New Player

YOU ARE STILL MISSING THE POINT.

THOSE POWERS ALL BENEFIT FROM SOMEONE WITH THOSE BUFFS IN THE GROUP.

THEY ALL USE WM COMBOS FOR A MAJORITY OF THEIR DAMAGE AND THOSE BUFFS HAVE AN 85 PERCENT UPTIME - WHICH A GOOD TWO OUT OF THREE TIMES A DPS USES THOSE BUFFS, THE REST OF THE DPS'S GET THEM AS WELL.

YOU ARE STILL COMPARING THEM BASED ON DAMAGE.

----------------------------------------------------

Hopefully caps will help. All those powers use WM combos for a majority of their damage. Tell me they don't, and then maybe you can have a chance to possibly argue your point successfully.

You cant deny they use WM for most of their damage.
    You cant deny the buffs have an 85% uptime based on their duration/cooldowns.
    You cant deny that the 3 closest people also benefit from the buffs - most of the time, that's other DPS.
    You cant deny that the buffs grant significant boosts.

What argument DO you have to stand on? More "this damage out is higher" comments?
  9. CrappyHeals Devoted Player

I'm comparing those powers doing individual testing of each power separate. Not me going into a raid or alert and seeing if I beat the other guy or not and by how much and if he has a buff to give me or not. When I test I eliminate all variables and test powers by them selves so I can get real numbers not inaccurate numbers cause sometimes I'm getting a buff and sometimes I'm not.

If precision buffs where so OP how come all powers that have them are mediocre powers except rage?? All the powers that do the best rite now are all powers with a good mix of dots and burst damage not powers that have a prec buff if you haven't noticed.
    • Like x 1
  10. treehunter904 New Player

uh oh he typed in caps lol hes upset
  11. Aqua Surge Loyal Player

You're mistaken. Ice was using Gale which wasn't splitting after 2. They were hitting groups of adds at 2000-3000s worth of damage while other powers were splitting correctly. That why you seen Ice top a few times especially if you did the T6 alert. He'll get the buff no matter what if someone uses one. That's been fixed now.
  12. ForumJunky New Player

Well I see your on the ps3 I would prove you wrong if you would like :)
  13. Savage Mind Committed Player

DPS battle? Challenge me! Challenge me!!
  14. BigBadDogIV Committed Player

You lost Precision when upgrading from scion to t6
  15. Aqua Surge Loyal Player

If you're a villain.
  16. BigBadDogIV Committed Player

Is anyone else Anoint Glitched. Im Tier 6 and my Base precision is 1934 and my Anoint is giving me ONLY 45 precision.
  17. Gunny New Player

All powers are mediocre except rage?

What..... all this "testing" and you still try to compare?

What scenario did you run for testing?
    Did you run with the same roles?
    Were there multiple runs with each to indicate an average?
    Do you know each of those powers enough that you can play them all top-quality?

And even more important.... you claim you did all of this testing and research. I don't see it. Anywhere.

All I see are poor excuses for comments that are "sorcery is best because I said so" with zero evidence to back it up. Its not you have a difference of opinion. Its that you defend it with some of the most far-fetched ignorant claims that no one ever has or will confirm or deny them - which you very well know.

Try it yourself. The fastest content run is a DPS group with one buff power in the group. I don't care who you have as DPS. The two best DPS to ever walk the earth without buffs will be slower than the best DPS + a buff/WM spam player. All day. Every day.
  18. Drathmor Unwavering Player

I love how people think this is such a big deal. this is nothing major I mean hell we have only had a % buff for a short time we were all fine before it and we will all be fine after it. this change is nothing game breaking.
  19. CrappyHeals Devoted Player

Wow bro you cant read lol I didn't say all powers are mediocre but rage and i didn't say sorc was the best just one of them. Why do you keep taking things i say and twisting them. I said the powers with precision buffs are all mediocre compared to rage. The top dps powers rite now consist of 4 powers 3 of them which don't even have prec buffs. So by your claim any power with a prec buff should be OP but thats not the case at all. And as your though of running the alert faster with powers with a buff then with out lol. If you ran the alert with mental and sorcery (might based powers no prec buff) vs say celest and light which are prec based and one has a prec buff you would easily do it faster with sorc and mental.

The things you say make no sense, look at the top powers rite now out of the 4 best Rage, Sorc, mental and ice only one has a prec buff. So this theory that prec buffs are OP is wrong. If you were right all powers with prec buffs would be on top. like i said before powers that do the best rite now are powers with a good mix of dots and burst damage not powers that have a prec buff. And if you think your going to beat the time of a mental and sorc guy just by using a power with a prec buff and spamming WM combos the whole time lol

This whole prec buff thing is stupid. If all powers with buffs were top dps powers i would agree that the buffs are op but thats far from the truth. Celest has a prec buff and its one of the worst powers rite now. Maybe if you people looked at the big picture you would notice the real problems but the devs say prec buffs are op and all the know it all forum junkies and 3 place dps's are like you know what your right thats why i get beat cause he has a buff lmao!!! buffs are NOT the problem man.

And i didn't want to call you out but i'm sick of your stupidity and i'm glad you put your toons name in your sig cause my buddy saw it and confirmed my beliefs. He said hes ran with you and your absolutely terrible just as i though like the other 95% of people that post here. So before you try to knock down my cred step your own game up, pull your head out of your a** and look around at the real problems.
    • Like x 2
  20. CrappyHeals Devoted Player

The point is that they are fine the way its is though. The devs keep adding things then taking them out and them adding something else thats messed up then doing it all over. I think they are so lost they are just nerfing and changing random things now. Just like pvp they just gave everyone movement mode debuffs a few months ago now there taking all the debuffs out?? They honestly have no clue anymore and the people on the forums are killing this game. The dev's come here looking for feedback and all they get is feedback from terrible players that cry cause they aren't top dps. These forums are so sad.......
    • Like x 5