Call off the precision buff nerf!

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Techvolt, Jun 7, 2014.

1. HeirToThaThrone Committed Player

This. All of it.

My Rage dps can function with half of his loadout being moot.

Apparently people dont understand what cause and effect is. A group with a precision buffer was always better after the update, WM just emphasized it. Now *ahem*
    https://forums.station.sony.com/dcuo/index.php?threads/45-precision-buff.180727/

ITT Im a crazy old cranky guy who cries about something being better, when in reality my 6 year old cousin could figure out why a buff as big as 45% was out of line.
  2. Jbizzahalla175 New Player

He'll yea precision based powers were better than any might powers and then they gave it a 45 percent boost....I was shocked....I have no idea what the Devs were thinking....everyone knew that they need to fix there huge mistake and take the buff back down....I can understand if ur nature celestial or rage why u didn't like the Devs idea to nerf it back down 15 percent but it totally makes sence....
  3. the solowing Steadfast Player

its merely 2 combos to look out for and then its a 50/50 chance they will block it, care to explain if you think WM takes skill to pull off?
  4. ForumJunky New Player

But ther4e so much more that goes into score, who hit adds first did you de or no, and real question is, do the DPS that complain actually know how to DPS with the power there complaining about. or even know how to dps in the first place, that why player say this is un balanced becasue they loss is damage and cry on the forums.
    • Like x 1
  5. ForumJunky New Player

ya you lost me.........
  6. ForumJunky New Player

If your going up vs player that know WM combos they will get blocked 50/50 chance what are you talking about? either you notice it abd block or dont and get smash
  7. the solowing Steadfast Player

exactly, so what are you arguing? lol
  8. ForumJunky New Player

i asked you 50/50 chance what are you talking about, re read it Thanks, 50/50 chance no either you notice it or your dumb and blind and you dont
  9. the solowing Steadfast Player

honestly, im having abit of trouble understanding you, so excuse me if im confused with what you are saying
  10. MyrVell Committed Player

How about this, leave it at 15% but add a second or two to the duration before it needs to be recast?
  11. Gunny New Player

Its not at 15% unless your in PvP.

Its 45% outside.
  12. MyrVell Committed Player

For the moment yes.

After GU 38? No. It's on test right now, and that's what people are talking about.
  13. light FX Steadfast Player

again my point was to get rid of the bad dps who only buff and do WM combos. We should be using powers too. Ive seen tons of bad dps who love WM cause they can carry a prec buff and wpn combo a million times over and do good dmg. Theres no need for a rotation like that and imo its bad 4 the game. I never want nerfs, I want people to learn the power they play and not take the easy route. Just my opinion.
  14. light FX Steadfast Player

i agree but the fact is they have said its for baseline dmg while they fix the other pwrs and add the awesome level mechanic. Im guessing once thats done WM dmg will 4sure be nerfed down.
  15. light FX Steadfast Player

yea this is wrong. Bloodlust does not give other grp members just 14 prec. Looked at your post and went and hit the buff with 3 people in my group. Wayyyyy more than 14
  16. light FX Steadfast Player

i agree and ive seen some say they are switching powers fromprec based to might because of the prec nerf....smh. Why is it only a small % of the community understand it doesnt matter what powerset u are. Its the person playing it. It always will be that way. Switching to rage 4 example will not make some1 a good dps and so many people think it will. Ive seen players dps with every powerset in the game and do very good dmg. I could dps with quantum and absolutely destroy a rage dps on the scorecard, does that mean quantum is op? NO it means im better than the other guy, if we have the same gear and sp that is :p
  17. Agnetta Dedicated Player

i disagree. weapon mastery combos hit much harder than any power can, even with the WM crit bonus. ive had 12k+ WM combo hits with no precision buffs.
  18. CrappyHeals Devoted Player

If the precision buffs are the problem why is sorcery one of the top powers rite now?? It has no prec buff and still easily tops the charts. Buffs are not the problem weapon damage is.
    • Like x 1
  19. IntraShadow New Player

Personally I think WM is the problem it hitting really hard and I'm kinda sick of having to corporate WM 3 or more in my rotation. At first thought it would be a optional to WM but it hits harder than most power move (precision/might) and you don't need a lot of precision. When i was rage and buffed to 5000 precision WN would probably hit for 15k one in a while and other moves DB would hit for around 7-8k. It kinda dull that i have to WM every time to get the 8-10k Precision hit now. I think there should a revision on the prec buff.
  20. treehunter904 New Player

ummmm I beat u when I was fire too. iv beat u 3 times. 2 times I was celes and once with fire. your a good electricity player not trying to talk down to u but don't say I beat u just cuz I was celes cuz iv beat u with fire too