To be a good DPS....

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Scotty, Jun 4, 2014.

1. Scotty Well-Known Player

...you basically have to be able to go into Dox and be able to one shot the final boss???

I read a rather appalling comment here on the forum a couple days ago and he said, about dpsing the bosses in TD, "If the dps cannot kill the bosses in 2o minutes or less, you are bad at the role."

For real? Knowing your role and playing it properly isn't good enough? Time is now actually a factor? I know TD is long to endure, but come on.
    • Like x 2
  2. Titans1373 Dedicated Player

Look I know some people are ridiculous with some of the expectations in this game. With that said, you definitely should be able to burn the last boss in TD within 20 minutes. If you can't it may be time to switch roles.
    • Like x 8
  3. Feenicks New Player

Don't let the eJocks get to you. If you're completeing the mission and having fun doing it then you are playing properly.
    • Like x 31
  4. apocalypsegodx Loyal Player

Amen.
    • Like x 3
  5. DEMONIZER1 Loyal Player

This 100%!

IA ARMY
    • Like x 2
  6. spack2k Steadfast Player

i am not sure if i understand this right... finishing the alert in 20 min or 20 min just for the last boss ?
    • Like x 1
  7. Menelaos Dedicated Player

[IMG]
    • Like x 3
  8. Starbrand Dedicated Player

You can be bad at DPSING and have fun anyway... not excludent statements :)
    • Like x 4
  9. MentosTroll Loyal Player

by reference, the WHOLE TD alert can be beat in under 20 mins. So if you are taking 20 minutes in ANY boss fight, then you should quit DPSing.
    • Like x 4
  10. I Keeps Aggro New Player

If your burning t6 slow but are a skilled player its because you cut corners on SP and it shows in t6 the most. But damage per second has always been judged on speed. If you're completing the run I wouldn't stress it but I would try and get more SP to increase your damage per second.
    • Like x 3
  11. Tre Day New Player

You'd think that would be enough for people, but nope. Those are usually the people who are ruining the fun in the game. Ahh, the joys of manufactured competition; that never gets old. :rolleyes:
    • Like x 3
  12. Feenicks New Player

Makes me glad I'm in a good league and makes my pugphobia stronger.
    • Like x 6
  13. Notangie New Player

He wasn't talking about the entire alert in 20 minutes, he was talking about individual bosses. 20 minutes on an individual boss in TD is absurd and would indicate that the dps is possibly the worst dps ever.
    • Like x 10
  14. AnarKy New Player

I always seem to finish TD with in 30 mins. I've never experienced any one really rushing or complaining about the time it takes. I PUG alot and 99% of the runs are usually smooth with Healer or not.
    • Like x 1
  15. Quantum Edge Steadfast Player

In my opinion the best DPS to run with is the one who is the most fun. Someone fun to run with can make a 1 hr raid feel like 5 minutes and makes the evening a pleasure. An unpleasant DPS who can burn stuff down in seconds but is an absolutely misery to run with can make a 10 minute Dox run feel like a James Michener novel.
    • Like x 12
  16. Arcpope New Player

Dps isn't about burn IMO . Ya you must do damage but dps have other responsibilities . For me it's topping the charts and Never dying.

I usually run a support role so I have learned a lot of good habits.

When I dps I still drop a supply drop on the troll not just for myself , pick up people and back off my dps when the boss lunges or one shots.

Just call me Jean Claude van damme.
    • Like x 4
  17. Scotty Well-Known Player

@Notangie: Yes that is exactly what I am talking about:)
    • Like x 1
  18. MrSuperman Dedicated Player

U
    that was not a couple of days ago, that was yesterday. And while u take ur time having "fun" the other people in your group a waiting for u to do your job. Damage per second, not damage per hour. If u wanna take ur sweet time dpsing, then at least tell the group u join. So they can be prepared to wait for u to have ur fun! See how that goes...

Or! U can learn ur powers, be efficient, earn ur skill points, and play the game properly! Then have fun becoming a monster dps.
    • Like x 5
  19. Tre Day New Player

Indeed.

I just find it funny that 'time' is such a factor in whether someone is bad at a certain role. Sure, there's a standard in every role to measure effectiveness, but some of these standards are the main reason no one can progress and get better at a role if there's hardly an opportunity to do so.

I can see why there are people asking for more solos and smaller group content. The less eJerks, the better.
    • Like x 5
  20. Saami Loyal Player

This post cant be quoted enough.
    Also Feenicks is my USPC twin. Lifetimer and Fire since launch. Did not check facts, buit i remember him saying those things.
    • Like x 3