"My" favorite thing about survival...

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Meta Flare, Jun 2, 2014.

1. St IronMagic Well-Known Player

Fire can Tank survival mode easily. Don't hate on Fire Tanks.
  2. Punisher 4-31 New Player

Now I'm not a betting man but I will say that this survival mode is a test to see how much further you can push the limits of content. This will also be a testing platform for future content. I mean who's to say that future content won't contain a normal mode and a hard mode or even extreme? Again it's just an observation, I could be wrong but I don't think I'm too far off.
  3. TrueOlympus New Player

Actually Fire is the best.

Fire Ice Rage Earth
    • Like x 10
  4. Greenman_x Steadfast Player

Agreed.

At a certain point, the tank will take too much damage for healer to heal through (think Nexus when it first dropped), so having 2 damage sponges to potentially split damage would be the way to go. If one dies, the other steps up while someone revives the other tank.

Ideally, youd run with no DPS, but assuming youre taking at least two Id run 2-2-2-2 with the second control and second tank (preferably rage for the health buff) running a few pieces of DPS gear with "real" loadout armories on standby for the later rounds
    • Like x 1
  5. SKAVANGER408 New Player

Said no one ever:)
  6. SKAVANGER408 New Player

I just see 2-2-2-2 being obsolete for this. Watching the stream and the bosses slowly dying, your gonna need a lot of burn.
  7. Badname654 New Player

Doubt it. Pretty sure within days the normal set up will consist of no less than 5 dps
  8. Notangie New Player

Actually, said TrueOlympus just recently ;)
    • Like x 3
  9. Meta Flare New Player

if thats how you see it fine ill just say this. no amount of burn is going to compensate for the fact that 1 tank is not going to be able to sustain damage from two high level bosses like that. this isnt a mode made to test "burn", this is a mode made to test endurance and survivability. which in my mind means actually being able to survive the massive amounts of damage.
    • Like x 1
  10. Hero of Justice New Player

You also will need alot of survival, and health to stay alive, and power to burn with. Burn does you no good if everyone gets overwhelmed by tons of mobs and dies :p
    • Like x 1
  11. SKAVANGER408 New Player

Fire homers don't count :p
  12. Lord Raiden Dedicated Player

Full dps set up. Who needs support roles when you have so much burn stuff dies instantly right, am I right. (dps silently walks away to sad music)

With a two tank set up, splitting bosses could be very good in the long haul but maybe having a third healer switch armories to dos and a dps switch to a second tank when needed could work out good. These armories will give so many strategies.
    • Like x 1
  13. SKAVANGER408 New Player

That's why you have 1 full healer and 1 battle healer:p
    • Like x 1
  14. SKAVANGER408 New Player

I understand what your saying but that's why we have armories. After the second wave you really need to focus.
  15. Pathosgrim Dedicated Player

Why can't people just try 2-2-2-2?
    I'd rather have 2 tanks.
    Stubborn community.
    • Like x 1
  16. SKAVANGER408 New Player

Lol why should most? When I talk on here I'm talking about my league. I wouldn't force a pug group to play my way.
    • Like x 1
  17. Sabigya Steadfast Player

6 Rage DPS and 2 trolls.
  18. Remander Steadfast Player

LOL!
    • Like x 1
  19. SKAVANGER408 New Player

Good response[IMG]
  20. BRITTENY Dedicated Player

This.

I'm not sure why people want to force a 2-2-2-2 set up for everything. I'm going to have fun experimenting with different set ups to see what's optimal. 2-2-2-2 might be the best, or maybe something else. I don't get why we all have to play the same way. :confused:
    • Like x 1