DPS Spec'd Into Dominance

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by MasterOfTheHunt, May 20, 2014.

1. The Enquirer Steadfast Player

Doesn't your own power regeneration have to do with it? Given how your power pool tends to increase slightly with gear the small increase in your own independent power regeneration it might help.

Also how dare everyone else get precision and might!

What did this have to do with anything you had highlighted in red?
    • Like x 3
  2. Prosser Dedicated Player

to help you with your own power regeneration. however you are going to get far more gain from specing into the stats that benefit your role then trying to boost your off role stats. and since you generally have a troll with you in raids and alerts, your own power regen isn't that important either.
  3. neidler New Player

Ive got a pretty messed up confession, Ive got dom/prec mods in my chest and legs which are healer plus as a healer I have dps shoulders and feet with resto prec mods lol
    also with weapon mastery I filled out all the inates on the bottom for the weapons for my combos

well no thats wrong my legs are the green amazon legs and have dom expert
    Im sorry I know its not ok I should spec straight resto and dom isnt required for my role. Im a bad stupid player and should be black listed.

My resto is so low lol I saw someone shout today with like 5800 resto and its like, why?
    Right now my stats are
    health 7956
    power 4866
    defense 6013
    might 2162
    resto 4850
    vit 952
    toughness 30
    dom 220
    prec 1058
    and to be honest unless the new raids come out and I cant handle it this is how im gonna mod and spec.
    I mean its worked so far and ive been moddind ans using my sp wrongfor a wrong time.
    well thats my dirty secret
  4. BigBadDogIV Committed Player

b/c healing barrels/crystals heal based on the resto and vit of the person the game registered the break too. Healing crystals would be worthless to t5/t6 with fresh level 30 dps resto and vit.
  5. fyshinatux New Player

I'm fully well aware thank you, perhaps I'll reword that for you slightly so your little brain can understand what I thought I had clearly stated.

The wording right now is that "Powers used in tank role grab aggro" (paraphrasing). Which means that if aggro is based off might ticks, then the current description of tank role aggro grabbing is wrong.

Why?

Because. If a Might tick is required upon cast to grab aggro, then powers like Shatter Restraints and Winter Ward (which don't have Might Ticks ON CAST (shatter restraints has no damage associated, Winter Ward is only after the cast) won't grab aggro. Which means that not all powers will grab aggro, which means the current description is misleading.

^ What I thought I had already said clearly enough for you, reworded to be (hopefully) clearer.

On a side note, I learned the difference between white and yellow damage numbers (and orange for that matter) the second or third day I was playing, when I asked the guy that got me into DCUO what they were.
    • Like x 3
  6. HeirToThaThrone Committed Player

Ya, like the other 20 people who answered already said, its suppose to match the power scaling that the 4.x (green t5) and above gear has.
  7. Rhinosus13 Loyal Player

Thats an awesome sig lol
  8. neidler New Player

so if im not mistakin wouldnt speccing into vit make your power regenrate faster feom combos and give you more power from sodas?
    So in theory a dps who mods his or her yellows with vit prec or vit might woild be better off than one who goes with power or resto?
    well maybe not better off but wouldnt it be viable and help with power regen. Plus a dps who has high vit would benefit from using speed drain or the iconic sc word of power more?
    I want resto vit and resto dom mods
  9. HeirToThaThrone Committed Player

I actually forgot I had a sig. :oops:

Not from sodas from what I know, and it takes a ton of vit make any noticeable difference. If you really want to help with power, then just dont use as much, lol. Running power giving super charges in non-troll roles isnt new tho, especially in pvp.
    • Like x 1
  10. Prosser Dedicated Player

My ice tank would LOVE resto/dom mods.... or def mods for that matter :D
  11. fyshinatux New Player

my ice tank is happy enough with resto health <3
  12. Prosser Dedicated Player

hey mine too, but think of getting the double buff to your shields :D
  13. BigBadDogIV Committed Player

lol looks like someone is easily offended. Unless of course your just in the habit of insulting people who attempt to help you, which i find highly unlikely lol. But that's ok, im used to ungratefulness :D.

Oh and btw, yes when i attempted to help you, i misunderstood you. Misunderstandings have been known to happen with people who have autism lol.
    • Like x 1
  14. fyshinatux New Player

To be honest, they wording in your post was rude, hence the rude response. As for you having autism, if you truly have it I apologize. However, that being said, I'm sure you can understand just as well as I can how easy it is to simply say you have something regardless of whether it's true or not.

Perfect example for you. I know more people from my Xbox Live days whose mom's were dead while I was playing with them, than I've met people in real life.

You see where I'm going with that.
  15. Yolo New Player

i wouldn't say nothing...dominance helps the tank survive all that aggro they are getting with their taunts. the more dom the stronger shields/ more health/def they get. and the more survivability the more ads they are able to withstand hitting them in the face. so in a way..............................it kinda sorta not in the way that most people insist....has some kinda relation with aggro...but not really.
  16. DeathLoli New Player

You only need 100 Dom to CC most mobs in challenges and duos.
    • Like x 1
  17. Aqua Surge Loyal Player

Only Hard light damages spec into Dom
  18. Akusai New Player

I use dom/prec because if you don't have high enough defense a hit can still one shot you. To me it shouldn't matter do what you feel just make sure you have a damage accompanied with it.
    • Like x 1
  19. Valsmurf Loyal Player

I don't think anyone has mentioned this, but a suggested dominance for an instance means that if you have les dom than that you won't be able to affect enemies with crowd control effects. So in an instance that suggests 1500 dom, your 200 dom is absolutely useless.

your stuns as dps, are a result of counter mechanics and not crowd control powers.

To me that's the most important reaason why you shouldn't spec into dom as a dps. Hope that helps :)
    • Like x 6
  20. DC-Doll New Player

Maybe it's the 3 am woozies making me talk all crazy like but last I understood, dom also affected the heals and power you'd take in from heals and trolls? I could be wrong though. Let's be real, your 200 dom isn't going to interfere with a tanks 2k. I see nothing wrong with a bit of dom/prec in your blues, just don't blow all of your skill points on dominance as a dps and I for one don't see an issue. Heck, the only reason I put Prec/Health in my blue 92s instead of Prec/dom this tier is because I got the VI plan.
    • Like x 1